Thread: RET MS

RET MS

Crusader Strike is now An instant strike that causes 110% weapon damage. In addition, if you strike a player while they are casting, their magical damage and healing will be reduced by 50% for 6 sec

They claim they are just "playing around with it" but LAWL if this got through I don't even know what I'd do. I'm assuming everyones reaction is the same as mine

WHAT THE F@!?

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Re: RET MS

You know these dev's are seriously fail. Like honestly what the fuck are they doing, they are just going to create so much un-needed controversy for themselves its humorous. Whether or not this change would EVER go live, why would they say anything or do anything with it now? I don't understand their thinking on this at all.

15+ Year Old Account

I see it like this. Although Idk my opinion of blizzard switched between theyre gonna help us to why arent they helping us!?

"HAHA I kicked you in the balls, just kidding man i'm sorry let me help you up."
    *kicks paladins in the balls*
    "HAHA I kicked you in the balls, just kidding man i'm sorry let me help you up."

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    You know these dev's are seriously fail. Like honestly what the fuck are they doing, they are just going to create so much un-needed controversy for themselves its humorous. Whether or not this change would EVER go live, why would they say anything or do anything with it now? I don't understand their thinking on this at all.
    I got a great idea. Let's QQ before we read the final notes?

I'm sure you could do a better work than blizzard itself.

yeah but the building is not even built yet.

(i love metaphor)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100
    I got a great idea. Let's QQ before we read the final notes?

I'm sure you could do a better work than blizzard itself.
    My point is - the paladin community is very tender. The dev's know this, they KNOW. Yet they are mumbling this idea under their breath to us. Its like we can finally be sure that all they want to do is tease and provoke us.

You know, they should make this physical damage, if they ever decide to go with this.

Casters already have it hard enough.

LOOK GUISE, I'M A DK, NOT A CASTER.

It's called not being biased..

Bosses can be immune to the effect, so don't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I see it like this. Although Idk my opinion of blizzard switched between theyre gonna help us to why arent they helping us!?

not bad... try this:

Dark Helmet Devs: The Ring Patch Notes! I can't believe you fell for the oldest trick in the book! What a fool, what's with you man? Come on! You know what? Here let me give it back to you tell you theres other things in the works.
    [throws it down the grate] [3.1 comes out and ret is still gimp]
    Dark Helmet Devs: Oh, look, you fell for that too! I can't believe it, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    You know, they should make this physical damage, if they ever decide to go with this.

Casters already have it hard enough.

LOOK GUISE, I'M A DK, NOT A CASTER.

It's called not being biased..

Bosses can be immune to the effect, so don't even bother.
    meh ur alrdy op and since most of the deadly dks use spell pen this isnt has meaningful as you think

Ok, let me spell this out for all the FUCKING MORONS that plague these boards:

THE EFFECT ON CRUSADER STRIKE WAS NOT A MORTAL FUCKING STRIKE EFFECT

There, get it? It would grant an effect similiar to MS, IF it was used on someone who is dumb enough to spam heals / spells without juking with a MELEE class sitting on their face. Every single other melee class in game has a way to prevent a caster / healer from spamming spells if they are close - except for us, Ret Paladins. You'd still get fucked over by hots, you'd still be bashing your face on a wall trying to kill someone who is getting healed by another person - all it means a Priest wouldn't be able to spam FH on himself while laughing at you while you're desperately trying to outdps his heals.

Makes sense, no? But nah, Blizz rather increase dmg on CS and DS, since that's much more interesting from PvE standpoint and much more balanced for PvP, yanno.

I don't need to be an architect to tell an architect that he sucks when the buildings he designed are falling apart.
    No you don't, but you don't seem to follow this thread.

1: Updates about ret being posted
    2. People notice the CS change, people complain.
    3. The CS change is removed.
    4. This guy still complains.

So basicly, you complain about a building falling apart, which has been corrected and won't fall apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatwan
    meh ur alrdy op and since most of the deadly dks use spell pen this isnt has meaningful as you think
    Like..

Leave the OP comments, I'm just a tank, get some expertise(like 700 rating or something).

My obliterate would be hit heavy I'm sure frost strike would be hit one way or another(like the buff reduces my weapondamage, rather then halving all physical damage), but still. 50% physical damage will make you more useful in arenas then 50% reduced magical damage and healing, I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepeaches
    Ok, let me spell this out for all the FUCKING MORONS that plague these boards:

THE EFFECT ON CRUSADER STRIKE WAS NOT A MORTAL FUCKING STRIKE EFFECT

There, get it? It would grant an effect similiar to MS, IF it was used on someone who is dumb enough to spam heals / spells without juking with a MELEE class sitting on their face. Every single other melee class in game has a way to prevent a caster / healer from spamming spells if they are close - except for us, Ret Paladins. You'd still get fucked over by hots, you'd still be bashing your face on a wall trying to kill someone who is getting healed by another person - all it means a Priest wouldn't be able to spam FH on himself while laughing at you while you're desperately trying to outdps his heals.

Makes sense, no? But nah, Blizz rather increase dmg on CS and DS, since that's much more interesting from PvE standpoint and much more balanced for PvP, yanno.
    thing is, you dont' juke ret palas either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100
    No you don't, but you don't seem to follow this thread.

1: Updates about ret being posted
    2. People notice the CS change, people complain.
    3. The CS change is removed.
    4. This guy still complains.

So basicly, you complain about a building falling apart, which has been corrected and won't fall apart?
    umm, no. in proper context:

1 he noticed the change and commented eluding to how op it was, i would imagine out of joy since his name is "Piscesthepally"
    4 the guy complained that devs are idiots for leaking this and causing tons of ppl to throw shit fits for no reason
    5 you respond some bs that test notes arent final notes which was obviously news to him:

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    They claim they are just "playing around with it" but LAWL if this got through

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Like..

Leave the OP comments, I'm just a tank, get some expertise(like 700 rating or something).

My obliterate would be hit heavy I'm sure frost strike would be hit one way or another(like the buff reduces my weapondamage, rather then halving all physical damage), but still. 50% physical damage will make you more useful in arenas then 50% reduced magical damage and healing, I can assure you.
    fair enough, but this isnt unique counter v counter pvp its give everyone cc, silences, stuns, ms effect and see how they use it

oh unless your a ret pally, only hunters get warrior utility