Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood DRW nerfed to the ground

DRW now lasts 5secs + 1 sec for every 10 RP.
    .....and Glyph of DRW dwon from 10s to 5s.

So basically, we've gone from 46sec maximum uptime for DRW, to now 21sec.....brilliant...blood 51 point talent back to being shite.
    ...and yet Unholy 51point talent gets buffed duration....and unholy already doing more dps than blood...go figure.....

Wut will Blizzard think of next? Why not jsut delete the other 2 trees and jsut leave unholy?

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Re: Blood DRW nerfed to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Deimós
    DRW now lasts 5secs + 1 sec for every 10 RP.
    .....and Glyph of DRW dwon from 10s to 5s.

So basically, we've gone from 46sec maximum uptime for DRW, to now 21sec.....brilliant...blood 51 point talent back to being shite.
    ...and yet Unholy 51point talent gets buffed duration....and unholy already doing more dps than blood...go figure.....

Wut will Blizzard think of next? Why not jsut delete the other 2 trees and jsut leave unholy?
    You're a tard. 2h blood and dw are the highest dps specs. 2h unholy is nearly, but not truly, competitive.

does DRW still do half damage as well? seems pretty nerfed for both pvp burst and pve sustained then, if so

TO THE GROUND

Quote Originally Posted by Hipponater
    TO THE GROUND
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by failoth
    does DRW still do half damage as well? seems pretty nerfed for both pvp burst and pve sustained then, if so

yeh it still does 50% less dmg :'(

It actually does 25% damage. It's 50% on live, even though it doesn't say it on the tooltip.

This is the PTR not all changes are final.

Blizzard said they want to release 3.1 in early April. Not much time for testing anymore so I guess, we're coming closer to the final changes.

give back 3 min CD and normal dmg on DRW

PTR is showing 15 seconds plus 1 per 10 runic power on the tooltip. Not 5. Also it appears the 40 runic power cost is not taken out of the equation when calculating the uptime of DRW. Also, on the PTR the glyph still says 5 seconds, but adds 10 seconds..... Either the changes haven't been added to the current build and will be added later, or it's not the end of the world.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6885/drwptr31.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2488/drwptr312.jpg

Note the photos aren't mine, but found on EJ forums. As you can imagine they were concerned as well.

And other player are wondering why the hell are so many unholy dks out there .
    Well after 3.1 there will be even more unholy than now just pray they will fix the plaguebringer bug .

They totaly fucked up drw first 50% less dmg now 50% less duration and 50% reduced duration from glyph and at least for me the damn weapon has 20% miss or more very nice 51 point talent....................

Be hard to have even more unholy 2hnd dps dks since nearly every dk is already that spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive
    It actually does 25% damage. It's 50% on live, even though it doesn't say it on the tooltip.
    Hmmm, not in my recount numbers: it's close to 1:1 currently as diseaseless but I don't watch it religiously. It averaged somewhat above 5K dps on the few fights that I looked at it, which was probably close to what mine was during that period between trinkets / hysteria / orc racial all popped and ERW burned (yes am lazy and not using potion of speed on farm content). I'll look at it again anyway since Betrayer finally dropped for me after two and change months, am interested to see how it affects DRW with the upgrade from Death's Bite.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude on the DRW changes since I'm holding off on doing any further testing on PTR until DK's get a little more finalized; however, at a glance I don't think it's a no-brainer talent like it was previously under 3.0.x from the looks of it, but I don't think it's going to suck... there were a lot of problems under 3.0 disease play with DRW (especially with Annihilation but I also don't think it carries over ArP and other things which affect Blood DPS positively), so the flat half damage might not suck.

In any event it requires testing before QQ.

I've done recount tests for long periods of time to see how much damage it does in relation to the user and I just had a look at my Raid WWS for the last few raids to see how it compared. It always does approximately 50% of my DPS on live, no matter what the setting/boss/scenario, and the tests I have performed on the Boss dummy on the PTR show it being halved again.

Raid WWS of me and my Rune Weapon

Post I made with Rune Weapon Results on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Ewendor
    You're a tard. 2h blood and dw are the highest dps specs. 2h unholy is nearly, but not truly, competitive.
    hahaha!

...but seriously...thx for the peeps that placed feedback from PTR....hopefully the nerf wont be as severe as first thought.

shut up and go away

it isnt a tiny nerf lol

bloods not getting hit that hard. The nerf is more or less just on like 1 to 2 things it uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwa
    Delete the whole class imo