DPS loss 31/40 Compared to Haunt ?

Hi,

Recently respecced from Haunt were i was pushing 3.1 DPS on Traget dummy, to the 31/40
    After some dummy testing i seem to average 2,5k DPS selfbuffed (no flasks or food)

My question is does the raidbuffed Felguard make up for the 500 DPS loss i currently have on the dummy.

Using Corr , Agony , Immo , Inci spamm rotation ...
    With Agony, Immo , Felguard Glyphs

2.3 SP
    22 Crit
    287 Haste
    Hitcapped ofc

Happy for some input xD

Re: DPS loss 31/40 Compared to Haunt ?

well raid buffs should help a bit with making more DPS as there stat increases which also can be put on your pet and i think your buffs also add a little to the pet i don't really know iv only played with felguard in raids on my brothers poorly geared and spec'd warlock

Affl beats a felguard spec at dps. Thats all

Quote Originally Posted by kasdeya
    Hi,

Recently respecced from Haunt were i was pushing 3.1 DPS on Traget dummy, to the 31/40
    After some dummy testing i seem to average 2,5k DPS selfbuffed (no flasks or food)

My question is does the raidbuffed Felguard make up for the 500 DPS loss i currently have on the dummy.

Using Corr , Agony , Immo , Inci spamm rotation ...
    With Agony, Immo , Felguard Glyphs

2.3 SP
    22 Crit
    287 Haste
    Hitcapped ofc

Happy for some input xD

a raid buffed felguard will make up for the 500 dps, but raid buffs will also increase your personal dps as affliction, so the question you pose is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses007
    a raid buffed felguard will make up for the 500 dps, but raid buffs will also increase your personal dps as affliction, so the question you pose is moot.

Ok ill try to rephrase.

Does the raidbuffed Fulguard scale better then myself raidbuffed as affliction ?

500 dps is quite significant and what i wanted to know is if i will be pushing the same numbers in a raid as i did before even thu i do that amount less on dummy.

Hope that clarifies a little

Affliction does more damage than felguard on bossfights right now. Fel ember spec does better burst damage, but right now that´s an advantage only on heroics and the first phase of the harvester fight. Mind you the difference is not mind boogling, but it´s still there.

it depends on the composition. If you have a Fel Intellect warlock, a boomkin, an ele shaman and a rogue as your fellow dps in a 10 man, you will gain hardly anything from the raid for a felgaurd, but affliction will rock balls from raid buffs. If your 10-man dps counterparts are a DK, dps warrior, feral druid and an enhance shaman, your felguard would own face.

25's would probably be more forgiving as you would have far more buffage for both melee and casters, but I have no statistics. Never raided with that spec, nor have i tested it on dummy's. I do know on Patchwerk, my doomgaurd can do about 1500 dps with the proper raid composition (25 man)