1. #1

    Spriests OP on PTR?

    I would like to hear from pallys and hunters and dks: on the PTR, are you hiding out in bushes when shadow priests are passing by? Do they own you and melt your faces and put you into fear or horror all of the time? Is that really the case?
    How afraid are you people on the PTR? Are shadow priests the new overpowered class in pvp?

    Because I read in the blues that shadow priests are being nerfed, and I thought there must be a reason why they need it. Inform me please, I would like to know more.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  2. #2
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Anyone know what the OP is on about? Must been some heavy stuff you're smoking man, pass it around please.

  3. #3

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    I hear Blizzard has a pretty good supplier, if the new cooldown on Psychic Horror is anything to go on. Or the fact that they gave Improved Scorch an extra benefit to the caster, but Winter's Chill gives you nothing despite costing the same amount of talent points but being three tiers further down.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Anyone know what the OP is on about? Must been some heavy stuff you're smoking man, pass it around please.
    Psychic horror got nerfed from 1min CD to 2min CD.

    Why nerf something before it even goes life? Because SPs were OP on PTR? That is the question. And I can say, no they were not fucking OP, they (we) need more buffs to make up for the loss of blackout and the old psychic horror.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  5. #5

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    I don't understand why they moved this post, it was not aimed for priests really and I doubt that pallys, hunters or dks read the priest forum at any time. Priests themselves aren't the best people to answer if other classes are afraid and think we're overpowered on PTR =) I thought it would be suitable in general discussions because most classes read in that forum and probably people who have chars on PTR.
    However, I didn't get many replies the short moment it actually was there and I guess it speaks for itselves. If shadow priests were in any way considered OP then lots of people would say so and complain about it, don't you think?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  6. #6

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Anyone know what the OP is on about? Must been some heavy stuff you're smoking man, pass it around please.
    *pass the cup of tea to you*
    No but really, I just wanted information why they nerfed psychic horror. I got some information in another thread here in the priest forum but it really doesn't make much sense. Nerfs should be done if something is considered too good, and I wonder if that was the case on the PTR, that other classes and especially pallys, dks and hunters thought that shadow priests were that much of a threat that the nerf was needed.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  7. #7

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    lol, I suspect that the dev-tester responsible for testing the spriest is a far superior player than his coworkers. So he's always beating the snot out of them, and the shadow-priest gets unnecessarily nerfed for it = )

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,823

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Quote Originally Posted by fibre
    lol, I suspect that the dev-tester responsible for testing the spriest is a far superior player than his coworkers. So he's always beating the snot out of them, and the shadow-priest gets unnecessarily nerfed for it = )
    This, I do it all the time in Halo when my team gets split up and they all get pissed cause they get Pwned.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  9. #9
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Less tea, more reading blues then:

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1586...planation.html

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    We were worried about the short cooldown in combination with Psychic Horror not sharing the Psychic Scream diminishing returns. We imagined every fight starting with the priest just chain CC-ing someone.

    The only thing I can say about the bolded sentence is:

    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  11. #11

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    We imagined every fight starting with the priest just chain CC-ing someone.
    LOL like stun, interupt, blind repeat -Rogue
    Sheep, Counterspell, Sheep -Mage
    Fear, Deathcoil, Fear -Warlock
    Charge, Fear, Intercept -Warrior
    Earth shock, hex, earth shock -Shaman

    I could go on, but most classes have several CC abilities they can chain together to win a fight. Priest really does not. I think the cast time on Mind Control and the fact that it also CCs the priest in the process removes them from the group of classes with multiple CCs.

  12. #12

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    All I can say is that I'm glad I quit playing a priest sometime ago.

  13. #13

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    There is only CC chain I can think of would be if you fully DoT up someone, fear them, Horror them to stop them running and then Mind Control them so that they cannot have the DoTs dispelled while they tick down. Which is going to actually work one in 100 times, like MCing someone off them lumber mill. I bet it will be satisfying when it does though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  14. #14

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    The only chain we really have is vs casters - Psychic Scream/Arcane Torrent/Silence. Good mages will Trinket the Scream and IB the silence though.

    Melee it is fairly pointless. Bubble lasts 1 hit (half a hit) and then dispersion buff was really a lolwut as we can't do anything while in out shadow ball anyways.

    I don't see us getting anything in way of a real buff for pvp.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  15. #15

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Well, we still have -15% magical damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  16. #16

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yes, but I'm just wondering if that is something that actually is the case on PTR and even so: is it considered too OP?
    And from info of today they seem to wanting to decrease the use of chain cc in game, and if that is true we will see major nerfs to other classes or will we really? Cause considering priests being on top of chain cc because of a 1 min cooldown instead of 2 min seems kind of silly, no?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  17. #17

    Re: Spriests OP on PTR?

    Lol, now that was one shitty explanation. Thanks GC, thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •