Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why such ugly pvp gear?

PVE Tier Sets are for the hard work, Arena Gear is what you put on as protection while playing a little paintball on off-work days to relax and have fun with friends.

No, but seriously ... pve > pvp in this game when it comes to looks of characters. There is a difference between killing big fat dragons and god-like creatures and looting gigantic treasures then banging on each others head for a few hours and then receive some armor to improve your performance in those skirmish situations.

Quote Originally Posted by tonick
    Pretty sure artists are paid to create art, not crap.
    Picasso. Art, yes or no? In my eyes, bunch of crap. In other's eyes, masterpieces. Who is right? Me or them?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Picasso. Art, yes or no? In my eyes, bunch of crap. In other's eyes, masterpieces. Who is right? Me or them?
    Your rhetoric is about as tasteful as the crap you've been spewing in a variety of threads. A large amount of the player base dislikes the gear design. Sorry, it's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans
    PVE Tier Sets are for the hard work, Arena Gear is what you put on as protection while playing a little paintball on off-work days to relax and have fun with friends.

No, but seriously ... pve > pvp in this game when it comes to looks of characters. There is a difference between killing big fat dragons and god-like creatures and looting gigantic treasures then banging on each others head for a few hours and then receive some armor to improve your performance in those skirmish situations.
    I lol'd at this post. PvE is accessable by anybody in the world, we had a down syndrome full epic'd player in my last guild. PvP actually takes practice and talent.

It's PVP gear, why do you care what you look like? For the most part it's utilitarian. PVP is about pwning newbs right? Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzcha
    It's PVP gear, why do you care what you look like? For the most part it's utilitarian. PVP is about pwning newbs right? Not looking good.
    Can you not pwn noobs whilst looking good?

I lol'd at this post. PvE is accessable by anybody in the world, we had a down syndrome full epic'd player in my last guild. PvP actually takes practice and talent.
    I lol'd at this post. arena PvP is accessable by anybody in the world with one friend, we had a down syndrome full welfare epic'd player in my last guild. PvE actually takes practice and talent and coordination and the ability to work well with 25 other people.

See what I did there?

Lets just be honest here, high end PVP takes a lot of skill to be great at, same as high end PVE. Mediocre pvp and pve, good enough to get full epics, can be accomplished by any face rolling mouthbreather.

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    I lol'd at this post. arena PvP is accessable by anybody in the world with one friend, we had a down syndrome full welfare epic'd player in my last guild. PvE actually takes practice and talent and coordination and the ability to work well with 25 other people.

See what I did there?

Lets just be honest here, high end PVP takes a lot of skill to be great at, same as high end PVE. Mediocre pvp and pve, good enough to get full epics, can be accomplished by any face rolling mouthbreather.
    I will never "be honest" and conceed that high end PvE takes any level of skill. "Mediocre" PvP will not yield a single epic, I highly doubt you, a clearly "mediocre" player, would even touch hateful gear from the arena scene.

Come on, attaining arena gear barely takes skill. You just need to autoattack Archavon and occasionaly follow him out of the freaking fog, then roll a dice! And it ain't changing.

Why can't they just give you a set of PvP gear when you enter the arena, that is usable only in there? Why don't they just create a level playing field? THAT is beyond me.

You get a Frostwyrm...

While you have the best looking mount in game you can seriously stop with the QQ!

Come on, attaining arena gear barely takes skill. You just need to autoattack Archavon and occasionaly follow him out of the freaking fog, then roll a dice! And it ain't changing.

Why can't they just give you a set of PvP gear when you enter the arena, that is usable only in there? Why don't they just create a level playing field? THAT is beyond me.
    Sorry, that's the ease of PvE, not PvP. I agree, archavon needs to be removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by shadet
    You get a Frostwyrm...

While you have the best looking mount in game you can seriously stop with the QQ!
    Not him. The top 0,5%, mostly dictated by the class balance at the given time.

Edit. Archavon cannot even be considered a PvE encounter... it's just... I don't know, feels dirty to get tier pieces from such a trivial encounter.

I wasn't talking about the time and effort put into the game but the "work" story wise as in slaying a big dragon versus a little skirmish in a room with a few boxes and water.

The problem with this discussion is that everybody is always pretending that its about how much work you put into a game, how much effort and time ... well not, the gear looks the way it does because of the story background of it.

So you can laugh all you want, but that doens't change that fact that you live an illusion of you actually think you are achieving something of value. Its just a game to waste time.

Apparently some people don't remember all the PVE'ers bitching in BC. Not everyone could get into BT so standing around in full T6 made you stand out more than the average joe. Then average joe does his ten games a week, losing most, and stands right next to you looking equally bad ass with little effort. But PVE is a joke now, not even a funny one. But not 100% of people do it. So it's still nice to look like a bad ass. Once PVE gets harder *please god make it so* it'll give PVE'ers an even more sense of elitism. Which is fine to have considering that you're killing thisese berbadassbosses. You have to look at it from a Lore standpoint along with common sense. PVP you need more utility and functionality to survive. The same can be said for PVE but when the loot comes from gaudy looking bosses it better look bad ass. That's my outlook on it anyways. Besides, if PVP people do get recolored teir skins they'll just cry out "Lazymofobecreative!!" along with the PVE people. So be happy.

Not him. The top 0,5%, mostly dictated by the class balance at the given time.
    I'd hate to be the dude who goes to arena ratings, because that's not my style. However, an 800 arena rating wouldn't show much improvement even if your class was the best in the game

Edit: I play on a non-RP server, I signed up to not have "the story part" effect my game play at all. Also, that didn't seem to be a problem pre-WotLK, are you unable to see clear BS excuses when they're thrown in your face?

Edit: I play on a non-RP server, I signed up to not have "the story part" effect my game play at all. Also, that didn't seem to be a problem pre-WotLK, are you unable to see clear BS excuses when they're thrown in your face?
    If you're not at all in to the RP side of things then the look of what you're wearing shouldn't matter to you in the slightest. Stats should be what you're worried about not if your current shoulders match your hair.

I'd hate to be the dude who goes to arena ratings, because that's not my style. However, an 800 arena rating wouldn't show much improvement even if your class was the best in the game

If pointed at my mage, I'd suggest you also checking the spec. Oh, and zero PvP gear. To be quite honest, I don't give a flying toss about serious arena play, I just grinded points for one specific piece of gear. Tomorrow I will get it, and then I can never set my foot in arena again.

Quote Originally Posted by shadet
    If you're not at all in to the RP side of things then the look of what you're wearing shouldn't matter to you in the slightest. Stats should be what you're worried about not if your current shoulders match your hair.
    Incorrect. Every player in this game likes their character to look "cool" to a certain extent. Go armory the best players in the world, if they have a shirt in the shirt slot, they care how they look.

@ever

It's hard to make excuses for a sub 1000 rating. D=

I will never "be honest" and conceed that high end PvE takes any level of skill. "Mediocre" PvP will not yield a single epic, I highly doubt you, a clearly "mediocre" player, would even touch hateful gear from the arena scene.
    Actually my pve progression guild does VOA in about 3 minutes every reset so I almost have full hatefull just from lucky rolls.

And you, a high end pvp player, so quick to insult others, have you managed to find 24 other people willing to work with you and not get frustrated at the occasional RNG wipe? Lets see your armory with your champion of the frozen wastes title there champ, if it doesnt take any skill at all Im sure you facerolled to it months ago?

Incorrect. Every player in this game likes their character to look "cool" to a certain extent. Go armory the best players in the world, if they have a shirt in the shirt slot, they care how they look.
    None of my characters have a shirt on and I care how I look. I also only pve so I have the right to look awesome! :P