Thread: T8 set bonuses

T8 set bonuses

is there a reason that different classes get enormous 2p or 4p bonuses and priests get squat? mage 2p is 350 spell power for 15 seconds, our 4 piece is 240 haste for 4 seconds? i was just wondering if any of you came from a world where that seemed fair.

Re: T8 set bonuses

I'm sure the mages would switch with us if they could.

You really don't get how much dps this is? Both bonuses scale like crazy, opposite to what a flat spell power bonus would do.

I like the 2 piece set bonus, but the healing set 4 piece is far superior to the dps one =(

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mânnny
    I like the 2 piece set bonus, but the healing set 4 piece is far superior to the dps one =(
    No.

Nezoia explained this a few times now. Shadow 4 piece bonus is really nice. Basically it's:

Squeeze in 2 more MF vs. 250 spellpower for 5 secs.

I'd say those 2 MF's do a lot more damage.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Mânnny
    Except for maybe a Holy Priest?   I don't know..  I rarely ever use PWS on tanks as Holy.  And blowing a 800 mana spell just to gain 5 seconds of relatively minor +healing at that gear level is a waste.  For a Holy priest at least it's more a random small bonus for after you just bubbled a Dps. And most the time unless they are very low and I know there is some more Ae dmg incoming I just use Flash or CoH. 

CoH has a lower mana cost than PWS.  And has the bonus of healing others in the area.  With the 40% increase to it's healing in 3.1.  There is really no reason to waste mana on PWS for a Holy priest.

So, it's a rather useless set bonus for one of it's intended users.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    No.

Nezoia explained this a few times now. Shadow 4 piece bonus is really nice. Basically it's:

I suppose you are trying to say: "Squeeze in 2 more MF ticks vs...." because stating that 240 haste will allow you to get 4 flays in between MB cd's is somewhat ludicrous. As a matter of fact, you will only ever get three full MF's with the set bonus if you have around 580 haste + WOA + Pally judgement haste + BL....

In order to cast 9 seconds worth of spells in 5.5 seconds you need 63% haste - this gives you 7 and some change + 30 from BL + 5 from WOA + 3 from Rets....so during a BLOODLUST you would need an additional 18% haste from gear to get 3 full MF(18 * 32.79 = 590.22 haste)
    In order to cast lets say 8 seconds worth of spells in 5.5 seconds(2 extra ticks if we are being generous on when MF ticks) you need 45% haste...so using the above values I will let you do the math. And I know people will want to say...oh but you are only considering non-ulduar gear...but I am somewhat skeptical that we will end up with 48% haste from gear regardless of where it comes from.

So basically I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say; either I'm missing your point or you haven't actually sat down and thought about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    No.

Lets say you have 29 haste rating which is (1+29/3279)*(1.03)*(1.05) = 1.091 = 9.1% haste (Just enough to get 2 MF in during a MB cd (6/5.5) = 1.0909)
    Lets say you add in the 240 bonus: (1+269/3279)*(1.03)*(1.05) = 1.170 = 17% haste

You will cast an additional .435 seconds of mind flay due to the increased haste (1.17 -1.091) *5.5 = .435. Mind you this is close to at best because if you have more than 29 haste rating the effect of 240 haste will be diminished.

So unless I did the math wrong, you are squeezing in 14.5% more of a mf. In application, at this haste value, this bonus is achieving nothing. Granted there will be haste values where the extra 240 haste rating will allow you to get 1 additional tick of mf, but its certainly not allowing you to squeeze in 2 more MF's.

edit: I don't really think anyone is argueing that 240 haste for 4 seconds is better than 250 sp for 5 seconds. Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by heriana

edit: I don't really think anyone is argueing that 240 haste for 4 seconds is better than 250 sp for 5 seconds. Or am I wrong?
    Well, 250 spellpower when you cast PW:S.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I was merely trying to say that Nezoia did explain that bonus thing a couple times now. Maybe i should have left out the part where i was trying to remember what he/she wrote :<
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Actually I was arguing that 250 haste for 4 seconds would be better than 250 spell power.
    Because we're talking 250 spell power on top of 2500 spell power and 40% crit, versus getting the extra flay ticks.

Mind Flay can crit, so eventually the bonus will scale better, if not now, then later.

Even if you only get 1 tick, that's 1/6 of the regular damage you would have done between two Mind Blasts. The rest is up to your personal gear composition to figure out if it would do more damage than getting 250 spell power increase on 6 ticks.

And as you already shown in the math above, it'll scale even better the less haste you got ;-)

Ok, I at least see your point now, forgive me for getting riled up by the redunculous statement that I responded to earlier...I was so caught up in disbelief that I even forgot that haste is multiplicative. Though the logic is still the same my math was off(AMG someone admitting they made a mathz error no wai :P..) Either way I was just really really tired of hearing people say that the 4 piece bonus would give us enough haste for a 3rd full MF, which just isn't going to happen.

While I'm agree that shadow t8 4 piece bonus is interesting, I have to say that 250 haste is worse than 250 crit, and of course much worse than 250 sp =) just in case any of you think it's better...
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I think it's better because it'll scale better with Ulduar gear. I also think a pure 250 spell power bonus would be to much for a something as a set bonus (would fit on a trinket), considering it'll have 100% uptime.

Lets compare to our caster friends:

Warlock
    - 2p: 20% more damage on UA, 10% on Immolate, a rather meh bonus unless you play affliction, and is pretty much equal to our Devouring Plague bonus, since warlocks don't use Immolate in 3.1 Affliction rotations.

- 4p: 5% flat crit on shadowbolt and incinerate. That's just about the same as bringing a boomkin to the raid, roughly same dps upgrade as our 250 haste (using shadowpriest.com numbers for shadow 4p).

Mage

- 2p: proc giving 350 spellpower for 15 seconds. Very nice, but it's a "chance" and will most likely also have a internal cooldown, resulting it to a semibad trinket proc. And won't scale as good as Priest & Warlock bonuses for later gear / content. Since the 2p bonus is the bonus you would want to scale the most, don't be glorify it to much.

- 4p: Again, a RNG bonus (where warlock/priest get 100% bonuses). Hard to tell the actual value of this, but looks decent. It'll depend on the procchance.

Boomkin

- 2p: This is basicly a higher chance to get increased crit rating on main abilities. It recently got increased to 15%, so it'll be a flat modifier on crit, but personally I see it a bit lackluster compared to ours.

- 4p: Instant Starfires, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

4 piece for holy is really not that great w/ CoH healing so much more. Plus there's the problem of PW shield will be on the tank from the D priest so he's always going to have weaken soul on him, so we're going to have to bubble someone else to benefit from the buff. I'm not wasting 888 mana every 4 seconds to keep my extra spell power buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbzie
    4 piece for holy is really not that great w/ CoH healing so much more. Plus there's the problem of PW shield will be on the tank from the D priest so he's always going to have weaken soul on him, so we're going to have to bubble someone else to benefit from the buff. I'm not wasting 888 mana every 4 seconds to keep my extra spell power buff.
    Good for you.

And yet, some scrub Holy Priest will snipe my weakened soul, screwing me (and the tank) out of Rapture, Borrowed Time, and Renewed Hope just so he can justify putting points into Body and Soul.

Go ahead and laugh, but deep down you know there are retards like this out there, and some of us are stuck playing with them.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Currently in my offset shadow gear i have 498 haste so adding another 240 to that is going to make everything fly. its a good set bonus, not op, not underpowered. Its not suppose to be a huge dps increase.

All I gotta say is...FINALLY! A set bonus more geared towards disc than Holy. It's usually the other way around from what I've seen. At the very least it's the good for both but there are bonuses out there, or were out there, that screamed Holy.

My Disciplined Disciples, rejoice!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm
    All I gotta say is...FINALLY! A set bonus more geared towards disc than Holy. It's usually the other way around from what I've seen. At the very least it's the good for both but there are bonuses out there, or were out there, that screamed Holy.

Eh. Give me my old rapture back and I wouldn't go anywhere near the tier sets. >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm

Im glad Disc is seeing some love, and im not to pissed about the t4 bonuses (as Holy). As long as i get chest and shoulders ill be happy so my toon looks good. Most raiders will be in ilvl 239 gear which will be far superior to tier gear anyways.

I think its kinda funny that some disc priests act like since early wow they have been getting screwed over on tier sets. Disc wasn't even a viable raid progression spec until penance came out. The only real tier set made was t7 with this in mind. And 5% off GHeal was retarded for both specs imo :P

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che