Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Engineering: WotLK items?

It's basically just a twink profession.
    No raider in his right mind should get it...

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    It's basically just a twink profession.
    No raider in his right mind should get it...
    This. I only have one max guy, and I picked this when I was first leveling. It's USELESS, but I don't want to waste more money on getting another prof.. Specially if it finally gets something nice since it's millions of gold to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Lol the stats they are adding are a joke honestly i will say tho if your a rogue the Glove enchant isnt completely fail at least for me it beats out crusher enchant and is cheaper
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Plexiforce
    Lol the stats they are adding are a joke honestly i will say tho if your a rogue the Glove enchant isnt completely fail at least for me it beats out crusher enchant and is cheaper
    Well, not to mention that the MAEP values of the glove haste enchant (40) and crusher (22) put the engineering perk way below the standard MAEP value of other professions (usually 32). I mean heck, taking JC over my eng would not only give me a boost to my dps through the gems, but also through getting free socket bonuses from prismatic gems (31 MAEP + whatever extra bonuses you get that you usually wouldn't).

Too bad I have already sunk so much money into eng and don't feel like wasting more changing.
    (MAEP values taken from Shadowpanther.net)

Quote Originally Posted by archform

heh how long have you been Eng?
    did you know what it was like 2 years ago?
    Alot of trinkets were there
    and now they arent.....

Eng helps twinks ALOT more then any other profession except maybe Herbs Lifeblood but even then Eng does alot

Twinks do count for something
    Blizz does watch twinks *they wouldnt make so many things become soulbound and req lvl 80 if they didnt

With Eng i dont even need to buy a flying mount to do alot of the quests in Icecrown*if your clever enough*
    by using Speed boots that amke you go like 300% faster?*not sure on speed*
    and any slowfall effect to reach alot of places that were meant for someone to NEED flying mount*took alot of work on positioning and timing*

you get a freaking epic helm at lvl 72...
    and they are gonna add stuff for more Head armors

They are buffing Eng
    Parachute attachment to cloak will give like haste now/or something like that
    so not wasting it that much
    and something else with Gloves..getting buffed also

IL admit Eng is a little Weak for upping dps or increase health or spellpower
    but Eng has so much in other places then any other Profession
    Do you even understand what it was I was saying?...

I take it all you guys just play PvE...

Engineering is awesome in arenas, so many people have taken it up for the gnomish lightening generator as it actually wins games.

As a rogue engineering is a must have for the stealth detection on the helm and the trinket because as you know the opener against another rogue = win most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    From the numbers, the engineering haste thing for gloves is just as powerful as every other professions specials,... but doesnt stack. So engineers are the only ones that weaken themselfes by using their own special recipes.
    "Just as powerful" means, it doesn't matter whether you put it on or not.

The tailor enchant at least is ~12 stats better than the basic enchant, while all professions other than tailoring and engineering get a bonus equal to 32 stats or better.

Which is basically what all the QQ in this thread is about :P
    Blizzard hasn't stated WHY this is done though, it's rather annoying.

Also, arenas are getting less and less interesting for PvE players, due to the rating requirements. Back in S1 and S2 it was at least possible to farm some points, and get a decent reward from it.

Quote Originally Posted by khorie
    Yay! I can get the bombling, one less grind on my way to 75 vanity pets. ;D

But seriously the only reason i keep engineering now is for arrows for my hunter alt and the scrap bot, although the mammoth mount kinda stole my thunder.
    And am i out of the loop here or is it just not worth dusting off me specs and looking for clouds, i lvled using the SW helm and don't remember seeing many clouds. I made a fair bit of gold in the 'good' old BC days farming mote of shadow before BT raids, especially after they dropped the attunement- god bless old Mother Shahraz.
    Sholazar Basin is full of them, they drop 2-3 fire and 1 water.

15+ Year Old Account

Beta:"Doesn't engineering seem a little weak to you guys?"
    Blue Post:"We'll look at it."
    1.0:"Engineering sucks! give us a buff or at least a reason to grind faction rep for a recipe or something."
    Blue Post:"We're watching engineering.. *stretches and yawns* yeah you guys got uhh.. toys n' stuff."
    2.0:"Why is engineering so damn underpowered? We don't have anything useful for raids.."
    Blue Post:"We're watchin' it." *scratches belly*
    3.1:"Jesus, it's been like 3 years and you guys come up with a damn flashlight and remodelled a helm we never use anymore. There's literally 100x more JC recipes than engineering ones, throw us a fucking bone."
    Blue Post(Bornakk):"The perks for engineering are different compared to other professions but engineering has always been a bit unique with their toys and whatnot. We feel the perks work out compared to what other classes have for the time being and have no changes planned at this time."

So yeah, I'm staying engineering just to parachute onto tarren mill and terrorize people, but other than that just give up trying to get the message across into the blizzard development teams' thick skulls.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.