Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: IMPFF, yes for raids?

IFF is included in the cookie cutter spec now. If you don't have it, you had better be PvP. Beyond being an amazing boost in places where you don't have good raid composition (10mans or pugs), you also do not have to apply FF if there is anyone else in the raid applying it. Furthermore, taking it gives you a 6% stat increase (3%hit, 3% crit) which is pretty pro for 3 talents. Lastly with FF and MF up on the target, you're effectively giving SF a 6% crit boost from 7 talent points (IIS and IFF) which is all in all very good considering you will take IIS no matter what. For the good of boomkin everywhere, please take IFF

I liked the spec that the last guy who posted a spec.. posted.. Although i dont agree with gale winds, our AoE isnt anything special, we rock at single target all out nuking there will always be other classes doing more aoe, so i think 2 points can be spent well elsewhere, suchas Brambles.. tree's hitting 10% harder is always better.. or in moonglow or dreamstate/intensity if your having difficulty regening mana in raids

I've never specced into Iff before because its incredibly easy to get good gear and still meet the passive hit cap and keep my dps very high. I just have not wanted to include it in my rotation every 40 seconds. However, with 3.1 making it 5 minutes I can't really see a reason not to take it. So I definitely think this should be part of any raiding moonkin's spec.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion
    The problem will be that since FF now is Huge treath for Bears they will use it.

But since whit that talents its stronger than the normal one it will say:

"A Powerfuller spell is already active".

Not anymore. Besides, the Boomkin still gets the crit bonus even if it's the feral druid casting it. But anyway, they made it so you don't get the error anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Why Starfall and not Typhoon while aswell getting Gale WInds? Seems a bit odd. But it might just be me and my boomkin only reaching 78...
    In the Groves of Death

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    Why Starfall and not Typhoon while aswell getting Gale WInds? Seems a bit odd. But it might just be me and my boomkin only reaching 78...
    To put it simple: since he asked for a raid spec, it's more convenient to get the crit buff (and possibly the hit) than to spec into Typhoon and Gale Winds, for its a higher sustained dps on bosses versus talents that you'll use only on trash mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Just to let you guys know, Imp MF is only about a .5 DPS upgrade. Definitely not a worthwhile talent.

Quote Originally Posted by hamaal
    Just to let you guys know, Imp MF is only about a .5 DPS upgrade. Definitely not a worthwhile talent.
    10% extra chance to proc Nature's Grace when re-applying MF alone is worth more than 0.5 DPS.

Regardless though, if you can point me towards a more worthwhile talent in the first two tiers of the balance tree (excluding Starlight Wrath and Nature's Majesty), I'm all ears...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Brambles may actually be a talent that's wanted by at least one moonkin in your raid now. Since in 3.1 Thorns is affected by the caster's SP and not the target's, there is a large amount of extra possible damage to be had on something like Patch or any other boss. I'd go with that over Imp. MF.