Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How much Hit Rating can you lose before getting gimped?

Just wondering how much Hit you can lose as a Ret-Pally before getting gimped?

Also, what would the difference be being a Draenei or another race? (other than the +1% Hit)

And with/without raid buffs?

Re: How much Hit Rating can you lose before getting gimped?

iam at 180 hit atm and well.. i used to be hit caped and i have to say losing some hit gear for str gear have improved my dps.. so i say atleast 180 hit.. but i have heard about ppl whit only 100 hit doing good dps..

I've seen alot of different answers, typically if your below around 225-250ish your going to start seeing a large enough number of misses it will effect your DPS significantly.

My ret set has about 260-270 atm. Still trying to get rid of a few ArPen items and replace with more items with more Str/Crit on them.

(Wonder if they are going to change armory to show secondary spec & gearing.)

Cool thanks,

I was told you can lose some but that gives me a rough number to try to stay around.

I'm at 195... so I don't have to worry much. I am a Daenei also so that should help somewhat, if i dip a little low.

OffTopic... I'm not the highest DPS in my Guild runs but If I'm hitting between 2.5k and 4K DPS (in 10mans + depending on the fight)... is there anything I can do to better my output? or am I Shooting for the stars here?

^ Link your armory, that is about all we can help you with on the forums atleast.

I am assuming that you do not have an issue with out mind numbingly easy FCFS "rotation".

5,800 on patch last night and I've been raiding with 156 hit for a long time.

Yeah the Rotation is probably the least of my worries...lol FCFS is not that hard to pickup.

but here is the link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oun&n=Dr%C3%A9

I try to keep my hit above 150 but I have seen people go down as low as 125 + hit and do fine.

Do not over concern yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    5,800 on patch last night and I've been raiding with 156 hit for a long time.
    Is that in 25man or 10man... I've noticed that I do way more DPS in 25man...

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    I try to keep my hit above 150 but I have seen people go down as low as 125 + hit and do fine.

Do not over concern yourself.
    Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Sead
    Yeah the Rotation is probably the least of my worries...lol FCFS is not that hard to pickup.

but here is the link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oun&n=Dr%C3%A9
    I would highly recommend you replace your Neck and Titanium Tanking ring ASAP.

For the neck you can get the fools trial trash drop quite easily, or the EOE quest reqards aren't half bad either.

I would recommend surging needle from Maly 10 man (boe) or the 10 Man Naxx STR ring of Saph to replace the titanium tanking ring.

Also your crit rate is rather low at 27.XX%. You should be atleast at 32% unbuffed.

Making these changes will help boost your dps a good bit.

thanks...

I've been waiting for that neck to drop every time I run naxx10... but no luck yet..hehe (damn RNG)

but I totally forgot I still had my JC-Tanking Ring ... Thats gonna be next on my list... although I already got the 10man Sapph ring

At a hit rating of only 80, I'm doing a minimum of 2.5kdps, and have hit 4.15kdps on Sarth. I do watch for misses after every battle, and although they are there, since they are only on a few abilities which account for a partial of total damage, when I've calculated out what I'd need to give up in strength to gain hit, it just doesn't seem to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivrhan
    At a hit rating of only 80, I'm doing a minimum of 2.5kdps, and have hit 4.15kdps on Sarth. I do watch for misses after every battle, and although they are there, since they are only on a few abilities which account for a partial of total damage, when I've calculated out what I'd need to give up in strength to gain hit, it just doesn't seem to pay off.

WTF are you wearing?

Decent hit bracers and the crafted BS helm should be more hit than that. get t7 shoulders too and you'll be good to go.

Please link your armory. I am baffled at how your hit rating is so low. Even with all BiS you will still have more hit then that.....

No PvE drops, and lots of PvP drops... that results in low hit, unfortunately (but I have fun in Wintergrasp!)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...usade&n=Ivrhan

15+ Year Old Account

u can have 0 hit and str would be bether by far
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

^ enjoy going OOM.

No PvE drops, and lots of PvP drops... that results in low hit, unfortunately (but I have fun in Wintergrasp!)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...usade&n=Ivrhan
    I would recommend you get the plate dps boots from 25 man badges, as well as the 7.5 Shoulders from badges (assuming you have access to 25 man badges from ruthlessness and armageddon)

15+ Year Old Account

I'm taking up the Adamson philosophy and grabbing gear even if it kills my hit rating. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...din&n=Collosus

Yesterday 10-man Arachnid quarter/Patchwerk I did 2700 dps with 200ish hit rating. Although my racial definitely helps.