Holy paladin gems for arena

Hello all
    I have jewelcrafting, and not sure what epic gems to use for arena.
    I seen many palies with diffirent gems (all for int, stm, spd or res) they all have rate 2400+ so it really doesn't matter what gem to use? Which better?

Yellow: +16 resilence
    Red: +9spd\+8res or 19spd?
    Blue: 27int or 27res or 32spd or 41stm?

I have ~20k hp, ~1700spd, ~850 resilence without epic gems, 37\0\34

Re: Holy paladin gems for arena

Overall I believe it is dependent on what you need. But Basically the order goes...

Resilience > Intellect (until you have enough resilience) then...
    Resilience < Intellect > SP > Crit > Stamina

Intellect has become more important for Holy Pallys in WOTLK (with divine plea, as you probably already know), and also the fact that it gives SP and spell crit are added bonuses. An ability giving back 25% of mana every minute is massive when you stack intellect, sure there is the downside it has, but a player should be able to find time for it in arena (just like players find time to drink).

But anyone correct me if I am wrong, but that is the general idea I am getting from reading around, etc.

from your resilience im thinking you're running full pvp set? if so

yellow = 16crit
    blue = jc spellpower gem
    red = 19spellpower

dont gem for resilience or int. you will never oom with repent spec unless you manage to get manaburned 24/7. use fol only dont even holyshock unless they are focusing you or if u see a interrupt coming.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

Quote Originally Posted by rany
    from your resilience im thinking you're running full pvp set? if so

yellow = 16crit
    blue = jc spellpower gem
    red = 19spellpower

dont gem for resilience or int. you will never oom with repent spec unless you manage to get manaburned 24/7. use fol only dont even holyshock unless they are focusing you or if u see a interrupt coming.
    I'd like to see you FoL spam through a Suv Hunter and a DK..
    Anyways im using Staminagems in all my PvPitems. I guess i could use resilience aswell, but i prefer Stamina.
    I dont take Crit because the difference is so RnG, that i'd rather rely on 1k extra HP.
    I dont take SP because the diffrence will be minimal.
    I dont take Int because you wont benefit that much from it if your 37/0/34. + You wont go oom as 37/0/34 if you judge all the time, and autoattack when you have time (Use SoW)
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    I'd like to see you FoL spam through a Suv Hunter and a DK..
    Anyways im using Staminagems in all my PvPitems. I guess i could use resilience aswell, but i prefer Stamina.
    I dont take Crit because the difference is so RnG, that i'd rather rely on 1k extra HP.
    I dont take SP because the diffrence will be minimal.
    I dont take Int because you wont benefit that much from it if your 37/0/34. + You wont go oom as 37/0/34 if you judge all the time, and autoattack when you have time (Use SoW)
    l2p before you post. whats the point of you having extra hp if they are going to burst your partner. seriously man do you have any clue how to play or do you just faceroll with a dk and hope for a win?

@ mutin: you shouldn't gem stam. resil will help your survivability much more, plus if you have BiS you should have 20k+ anyhow. i agree w/ you about not taking crit. it is a wasted stat for a 37/0/34 pally in pvp. spl power and int aren't terrible, though, and if you don't need survivability (ie resil) it's not a "waste" to gem for it. it will increase your heals, strengthen your shield, and boost mana regen. also, no one expects you to FoL spam through any double dps team, although for most single dps teams (even warr) it's definitely possible to do if you have a decent amt of spell power and the FoL libram.

@ rany: throwing "l2p" out there after telling him to socket yellow crit gems for pvp is fail. also, you fail to mention that it is a good idea to socket hit rating if you're 37/0/34. believe it or not these gems go in yellow sockets. i'd throw a minimum of 3 16 hit gems in my gear depending on the neck and ring i was wearing. i'll steal your line and tweak it a little:

"l2p before you post. whats the point of you having judgements/hammer/repentance if they are going to miss your target and cause you to loose a kill. seriously man do you have any clue how to play or do you just faceroll with a dk and hope for a win?"

not a single person who runs repent spec gems for hit. thx goodnight.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=72718

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=63469

plz tell me more.... not everyone uses hit but quite a few do. guaranteed cc> 1.5% crit imo. not to mention more mana return

Do you suck dicks?

l2p before you post. whats the point of you having extra hp if they are going to burst your partner. seriously man do you have any clue how to play or do you just faceroll with a dk and hope for a win?
    Some nerf angry about Muti/Prep got nerfed?
    I'll bet you've never actually PvP'ed above 1800 rating.
    And yes i do play with a DK. However i dont faceroll, since that would be kinda stupid at 2k rating
    And i gem stamina since i will be focused more than my DK will..

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

im sorry but my pally is 2k with a war and we have to work so much harder to win vs dk holys. and my rogue is 2k in 3s with dk rogue pally. so please teach me how to play more.

you can keep thinking people gem for hit when clearly i know for a fact that most 2.4k repent pallies dont.

You should make up more big numbers to make your incorrect statements seem valid.

Also all you had to say is that your "Power level is over 9000!!??!?!??!?!"

:-)

im sorry but my pally is 2k with a war and we have to work so much harder to win vs dk holys. and my rogue is 2k in 3s with dk rogue pally. so please teach me how to play more.

you can keep thinking people gem for hit when clearly i know for a fact that most 2.4k repent pallies dont.
    Armorylink please. I really have a hard time believing a person with such poor gramma can reach that arenarating..
    And i've never said that Hpaladins should gem for hit.
    In fact you started saying that i should l2p because i didn't gem for SP.. And playing with a warrior doesn't make you pro, just because you're still stuck in TBC, and haven't realised that DK/Hunter is best comp for paladins now.

bubbletank lothar ruin. turned 80 3weeks ago

playing with a warrior because my server has no unteamed dk/hunters thats decent