Shadow (pve) vs Boomkin

The other day, I was playing around on my priest trying to finally level him a bit. He's level 72 in mostly t6/sunwell holy gear (so high mana regen, low hit and crit). A 73 boomkin tried to gank me. We fought back and forth for about 7 minutes of just fighting. We both popped our CDs. Popped everything we could and neither of us were doing damage fast enough that we couldnt shift forms and heal.

While I know neither of us were well geared nor 80, I'm just curious if those 2 classes balance each other out in pvp or not? I haven't ever pvpd much (mains being a holy priest and a protadin) so I don't know. Any thoughts?

Re: Shadow (pve) vs Boomkin

The moonkin should have won.

It sounds like you faced a kayboard turning clicker, honestly. Any balance druid who loses to a shadow priest must honestly be pretty bad.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

i two shot boomkins...but those were level 60 duels >.<"

if you are pve you probably didn't spec into silence, that alone might have made the duel easier on you

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Moonkins are much better in PvE and PvP TBH... but... well they look like chicken.

Do you want to play a chicken?

We look cool, this alone makes us better then Chickins.

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Moonkins are much better in PvE and PvP TBH... but... well they look like chicken.

Do you want to play a chicken?

We look cool, this alone makes us better then Chickins.
    If u have Silence u can own a Moonkin.. and in PvE, lastly im doing more dps as our moonkin dunno if their dps dropped but months ago he was doing more

Ok im BE so got one short silence ... Doting... nuking down to ~50% Silence --> give him hell ...won...there is no starfall stun anymore which made mostly the difference, and i didnt need Blackout to kill a moonkin.

If I have Silence, I kill moonkins easily. If not, I get owned hard. PvE-wise I haven't noticed that they do better than SP's, except on extremely short fights. I wouldn't say they're better by a huge margin, but in PvP (arena) a good boomkin >>>> shadow priest.