Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Guilds and Ulduar. The realization of the year.

I totally agree with the guy above.
    I would call your definition a serious raider.
    I'm not hardcore, but I would call myself a serious raider.
    My guild won't be a server first, but we take raiding seriously.
    An I believe alot of these "Casual raiders" do take raiding seriously, and they dont like that challenge, they're just scared to call themselves hardcore.
    Another way of looking at is like this, under 16's like the current system, people over 18 perfered TBC system, between 16-18 we're never sure about.
    Keep in mind that's the majority I'm talking about there.
    I'd also say that the majority of over 18's would perfer 25 man hard mode and 10 man easy mode.
    That's just how us older folk roll.

RWeber

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    See what I'm getting at? The hardcore raiding population complains about difficulty...but they seem to fail at realizing that if you try the hard mode from day one in your full Naxx 25/OS/Maly etc gear you might actually be challenged....

Anyone else thinking that if theres any QQ about dungeon diffuculty we now have a legitimate reason to knock them out?
    You have no idea what serious raiding is about, right? It's about doing everything possible to down bosses. If gearing up on easier modes means that you kill that final boss faster, then that's what you will do. Anything else is either being stupid or handicapping yourself -- both things that defeat the whole point of serious raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    "Or are you gonna farm the easy face of Ulduar until you get the gear that would allow you to easily do the hard mode with a half a brain?"

Well... ofcourse every guild (except Ensidia) will likely clear Ulduar a few times, because the fights will be tuned on hardmode that they will expect you to be in full Ulduar gear otherwise you dont have a chance (Blizzard said that).

However... if in full Ulduar gear the hardmode fights are easy, than its tuned badly. In full Ulduar gear the hardmodes should remain hard. The reason why guilds were given "Shirt of Uber" was that they want to simulate you are in Full Ulduar gear (while Blizzard was still slacking and didnt have items when they started testing, so you were given Naxx + Ubershirt item).

I really hope Blizzard does show they can do challenging encounters. Because for now its only Sarth 3D and Malygos 6 mins - rest is gravy.
    Exactly what I was thinking. People who complain that those of us who want a challenge should wear less gear just to make it harder are kind of missing thepoint. I don't type messages like this with my nose because it's too challenging, I do it cause it's pointless. The only time the hard modes should ever be "super easy" is when 3.2 arrives, and we're in that dungeons gear. And it shouldn't be "hard" in less than ulduar epics, it should be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt
    Exactly what I was thinking. People who complain that those of us who want a challenge should wear less gear just to make it harder are kind of missing thepoint. I don't type messages like this with my nose because it's too challenging, I do it cause it's pointless. The only time the hard modes should ever be "super easy" is when 3.2 arrives, and we're in that dungeons gear. And it shouldn't be "hard" in less than ulduar epics, it should be impossible.
    Exactly.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by remanis
    How do you define a hardcore player/guild? In my mind a hardcore player is someone that:

1. Reads every post about his class mechanics on Elitist Jerks and knows all the important stats and numbers by heart.
    2. Reads everything there is to read about an encounter, also watching every movie there is
    3. Always prepared for raids with consumables, dps potions, HP potions and so on...
    4. Never accepts anything else than being the best by taking on the hardest encounters
    all these are correct but let me add:

5. Belongs in a guild whose members all fulfill conditions 1,2,3 and 4

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

I like the new system. Honestly, I do. Blizzard is slow at getting content out, we know that, and they're trying to reinvent the wheel every time they release an expansion. Lets face it, that's not a good thing. But I also feel that that the players who complain about the hard modes are playing this game for the wrong reasons. Sure, alot of achievements in Glory of the Raider and Heroic: Glory of the Raider are cheap and stupid. Thankfully there are fewer, if any, of them in Ulduar.

I have a feeling some of these hard modes won't be so hard, or no harder than doing the Naxx achievments. There is one you get just from killing the boss quick before he does something (Hodir or Thorim I think...one of the earlier tested bosses). Algalon will be hard, I'm sure Yogg-Saron hard mode will be pretty rough. Otherwise, I'm not so sure yet, but other than Algalon I really don't *expect* any encounters to be as challening as Sarth 3D, though I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt
    I have a feeling some of these hard modes won't be so hard, or no harder than doing the Naxx achievments. There is one you get just from killing the boss quick before he does something (Hodir or Thorim I think...one of the earlier tested bosses). Algalon will be hard, I'm sure Yogg-Saron hard mode will be pretty rough. Otherwise, I'm not so sure yet, but other than Algalon I really don't *expect* any encounters to be as challening as Sarth 3D, though I could be mistaken.

One of them is exactly the same as Sarth, Freya I believe. Flame Leviathan and one or two others have multiple difficulties like Freya and Sarth, whereas a few are either completely easy mode or completely hard mode. Vezax as an example.

And Hodir destroys a chest every 3 minutes, for a total of nine minutes. He has a FUCKING TON of health, gl hf with under three minute kills.

I expect them to be a little easier to a little harder than Sarth3D, with Algalon and maybe Hard mode Yogg being a lot harder.
    I accidentally my signature

yes 99.9% of the guilds will do ulduar a couple times before hard modes
    but what you dont see is most of the 99.9% didnt go on the ptr and test the testable fights
    so they will have no knowledge and wont have the kinks already worked out
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

My big question is....how long till the casuals or whatever you want to call them start QQ'ing because they will never get to see algalon?? "we pay our $15 too, you should make it easy for us to access!!!"

And also the hard modes will probably be tuned a little on the high side as to where a large majority of guilds will need at least a few pieces of Ulduar gear to even have a chance at some of the hard modes.

Imo there is problem with hard mode atm, i just realize that if boss is hard it mostly can 1 shot tank, and that is "hard".
    Also while playing hard mode like shatt3d10man there is this "luck factor". Will drakes tank get 2 breaths at 1 time, or maybe we will have 12 fire adds spawning while 7ppl are in portal? I rly hope that blizzard will make hard mode skill and not luck factor how it is now.
    For instance Haigen 40man was skill not luck base, i remember when i done my first kill with 6/40 ppl alive, we knew how to move and dance, so we done it. And now on satharion? Yey i got -34k hp down in less then 1.5s from 2 drakes! yey.