Thread: Patch's slime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Patch's slime

10m
    Hateful Strike - Patchwerk will use this ability every 1 second, hitting the person with highest health in melee range for 27,750 to 32,250 physical damage, mitigated by armor, and possible do dodge, block or parry. This ability also adds threat to the top 2 people in Patchwerk's threat table.

25m
    Hateful Strike - Patchwerk will use this ability every 1 second, hitting the person with highest health in melee range for 53,625 to 56,735 physical damage, mitigated by armor, and possible do dodge, block or parry. This ability also adds threat to the top 3 people in Patchwerk's threat table.

thats taken from the actual ability tool tip, i actually had a RL a few weeks ago who kicked me from his raid after i called him stupid for insisting that we only need 2 tanks for 25m. And said tanks were a warrior with 28k life and a DK with 26k life.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    2 holy paladins, each one with a beacon on a hateful strike offtank, can touch the slime for a second to get the hp reduction, then heal each other for absolutely insane SA mana regen + at the same time healing the offtanks... too bad they removing SA for holy with 3.1 :*(
    You jump into a slime, which reduces your mana by 75%, to get........ mana regen......
    That sounds awfully logical!

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

When my guild got Immortal, on our Patchwerk kill our enh. shaman passed the third tank in threat. He immediately backed away out of melee range when he went above him, but not before Patcherk tossed a hateful his way. Hurray for RNG working in our favor because he actually dodged the attack!

But to further back up what everyone is saying, there's definitely no need for melee to be stepping into the slime. They just need to be careful not to pass the third tank in threat.

I'm a RL and MT, from the start of LK we have never used the slime method and never have any issues with melee dying unless 1 of the tanks die.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    Rogue got killed while walking to him, stealthed, while the OT & MT where getting in positions, everyone laughed.

So... watch out!
    Nearly happened to me once too- luckily I dodged. Strange thing about it tho- Patch actually did a detour to get at me. (this was straight after the pull, he was targeting the MT all the time, and there was no way I could have possibly had any threat whatsoever)

altruistic

The reason my guild (and a lot of others) still has melee dps lower their health beforehand is because we use 2 not 3 tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by altruistic
    The reason my guild (and a lot of others) still has melee dps lower their health beforehand is because we use 2 not 3 tanks.
    You use 2 tanks on 25 man? Not even like a feral druid or some kind of pseudo tank for him??

altruistic

Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    You use 2 tanks on 25 man? Not even like a feral druid or some kind of pseudo tank for him??
    Correct. 2 tanks, no pseudo tanks. The only thing we use a pseudo third tank for is 3 drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorNoob

The reason melee dps have to go in the SLIME is BECAUSE ...

if the OT who eats the Hatefull strike gets hit by it HE WILL LOSE HP

and for the time the healers heal the OT up to full HP the OT health might be below the melee dps HEALTH

example

MT HP = 40K HP
    OT HP = 35K HP

ALL MELEE DPS HEALTH 25K HEALTH

THE OT TAKES A HATEFULL STRIKE WHICH brings him to 20k NOW he is lower than the melee dps MEANING the melee dps are going to get hit next time
    IF you only use 2 tanks this is probably the correct strategy, most guilds use 3 however to run 25 man nax, or they have some kind of feral pseudo tank that can offtank it if needed.

So what i've concluded from this post is that if you use 3 tanks you don't need to slime, unless your tanks suck at threat generation that is.

But if you use 2 tanks you have to slime. On 25 man i'm talking.

I know on 10 man the hateful strike mechanic isn't the same hence the reason you don't need more than 2 tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by karthaege
    Why do RLs still insist melee jump into the slime before the fight and not allow healers to aoe heal? This is misinformation at its worst.
    Because they are poor raidleaders or are dealing with undergeared tanks?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

/bump

Tired of "Stand in the slimes!" >.<

Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    So what i've concluded from this post is that if you use 3 tanks you don't need to slime, unless your tanks suck at threat generation that is.

But if you use 2 tanks you have to slime. On 25 man i'm talking.

I know on 10 man the hateful strike mechanic isn't the same hence the reason you don't need more than 2 tanks.
    correct, due to lack of tankage at times we have used only 1 offtank, meaning muchos dipping (or death :O).

and /facepalm when i realise im in a ret pally or shadowpriest group with passive heal effects before i get a chance to jump group lol

Honestly, anyone who makes their dps dip in the slime should not be leading a raid. It's fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorNoob

The reason melee dps have to go in the SLIME is BECAUSE ...
    No, the reason (in your mentioned scenario) that melee "Have" to slime dip, is because you are INTENTIONALLY making the fight harder then you need to (I am assuming this is a 25 man patch you are talking about).

The patch encounter at 25 man is DESIGNED to have 3 tanks. 1 Main tank, and 2 hateful tanks. If you are forcing yourself to do patch with only 1 designated Hateful tank, you are INTENTIONALLY making the fight harder, and INTENTIONALLY chosing to force your melee to play unneeded games, and INTENTIONALLY inflicting the the chance that a slip up or lag spike from one of your healers will kill Mele DPS unnecessarily.

Melee DPS getting gibbed by HS will ONLY occur if one of your hateful tanks dies, that melee was stupid enough to pull threat over a HS tank, or you are INTENTIONALLY circumventing one of the safeguards to prevent it by rolling with 2 tanks instead of 3 on 25 man patch.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

http://elitistjerks.com/993962-post475.html

All you ever wanted to know about Hateful Strikes.

There is no reason to be in that slime EVER.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara