Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.1.0 - PTR Build 9733

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976
    Are you kidding? They botched the priest changes (as long as the mana regen is nerfed for healing priests, the job's done), and they didn't do anything significant with locks yet.. Oh, you were expecting actual positive changes, sorry pallys and DKs are hogging those.
    Yeah, but that def not happening. :|

15+ Year Old Account

I thought that the old version of imp def stance affected abilities too but I could be wrong. If it is a change to make all abilities affected when they werent before thats pretty huge and reaffirms my opinion that prot will be the way to go for pvp in 3.1.

Rogue
    Assassination

* Lethality now affects all combo point-generating abilities. (Old - all combo moves)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihgnob
    i havent read any blue posts on it or anything but i think is just word clarification, there was a lot of discussion what a "combo move" was when it was originally changed, i think they are just making it official...i still dont think is gonna affect openers
    Well, then it actually got MORE confusing now.
    Because openers certainly ARE "combo point-generating abilities".

So.. With the DK changes to Unholy and the DRW change in the last build.. Is blood Pretty much dead now?

Overall this Blood thing is what 5%-6% damage boost for ret? That makes up for the losses we've been reporting. And it gets rid of the "Do 300 dps to yourself" part of Blood so that's good too. It also pulls us away (slightly) from the Stack Strength at All Costs thing we have been on recently and starts to add value to Hit and Haste. Our ArP is baked in with all the holy damage, so Warriors and some DKs get to keep that stuff.

That pretty much takes care of ret paladin PTR concerns.

Hey, while we are talking, how about that visible libram thing they were talking about pre-Wrath? I'd like to see my book.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Divine Guardian *New Talent* - Tier 4 - Improve the effectiveness of your Divine Sacrifice spell by an additional 5/10% and increases the duration of your Sacred Shield by 50/100% and the amount absorbed by 10/20%.
    This is hilariously stupid. Aren't Holy Pallies supposed to be casting this? I will not give up 8% crit to go get this. Prot pallies now cast it on yourselves!

Either remove this or move it up to tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjasuperspy
    Overall this Blood thing is what 5%-6% damage boost for ret? That makes up for the losses we've been reporting. And it gets rid of the "Do 300 dps to yourself" part of Blood so that's good too. It also pulls us away (slightly) from the Stack Strength at All Costs thing we have been on recently and starts to add value to Hit and Haste. Our ArP is baked in with all the holy damage, so Warriors and some DKs get to keep that stuff.

That pretty much takes care of ret paladin PTR concerns.

Hey, while we are talking, how about that visible libram thing they were talking about pre-Wrath? I'd like to see my book.
    It also greatly reduce PvP burst damage when using Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Canbie
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Divine Guardian *New Talent* - Tier 4 - Improve the effectiveness of your Divine Sacrifice spell by an additional 5/10% and increases the duration of your Sacred Shield by 50/100% and the amount absorbed by 10/20%.
    This is hilariously stupid. Aren't Holy Pallies supposed to be casting this? I will not give up 8% crit to go get this. Prot pallies now cast it on yourselves!

Either remove this or move it up to tier 2.
    Didn't you know? This spell is baseline! Which means not only Holy Pallies can cast it! And with it lasting 1 minute, I mean you would only have to waste one global cooldown per minute.. but how horrible, thats really not your job, I get it... You can't use one of your own abilities to decrease the damage you receive.. I understand...

Quote Originally Posted by damonwlf
    No, they weren't. Blizz is just a bunch of assholes who really don't care much for Ferals.
    Primal Gore is just like Berserk was before implementation. Get our hopes up for a good talent then nerf it into a piece of crap. I'm very concerned about our DPS not scaling now at higher levels with Savage Roar changes.
    are you actually suggesting that feral dps is too low on ptr?

Glyph of Succubus - Your Succubus's Seduction ability also removes all damage over time effects from the target. (Old - Increases the duration of your Succubus's Seduction by 3 sec.)

.. wut?

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    It also greatly reduce PvP burst damage when using Blood.

Didn't you know? This spell is baseline! Which means not only Holy Pallies can cast it! And with it lasting 1 minute, I mean you would only have to waste one global cooldown per minute.. but how horrible, thats really not your job, I get it... You can't use one of your own abilities to decrease the damage you receive.. I understand...
    So shadow priests should be casting PWS on tanks as well? SS is supposed to be cast by holy pallies, maybe ret casting it on themselves if they feel like helping out the healers.
    I can't see any prot pallies wanting to have to work this into thier rotation. Especially for 8+ min boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by execc
    I really wanted somebody else to confirm this - exactly what I was thinking.

Melee = white damage
    Physical = all warrior damage

Correct? Pls someone else confirm.
    Melee is not = white damage. It includes at the very least Heroic Strike which specifically states that it causes melee damage, but I suspect would exclude Heroic Throw and Thunderclap.

The Enrage from Improved Defensive Stance has always said "Physical damage increased by 10%" so I suspect this is just a tooltip clarification and not an actual buff.

15+ Year Old Account

Its no different than having to cast shield block or any other damage reducing ability. All theyre doing is making it useful for prot warriors, I wouldnt complain...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrus
    are you actually suggesting that feral dps is too low on ptr?
    How the hell did you get that from what i wrote?
    They are overnerfing the new talent. Our DPS on PTR was fine with Rip and Rake ticks critting. With only Rip ticks critting, Glyph of Savage Roar nerfed combined with the Savage Roar change, it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrda
    I'm happy to see Blizzard changing their mind so quickly about Imp Zerker, now they might achieve what they wanted (forcing us to wear plate, not leather) while nor nerfing Fury even more.

And since the Shattering Throw change was already mentioned by GC some time ago I can't quite beleive that this build holds buffs for all three Warrior trees and no nerfs... though the Prot changes are... well... meh...?

PS: Boub, you're quite quick deleting firsts today, huh? I concur that action
    Shattering Throw was nerfed, and Bladestorm now only hit 4 targets instead of all targets. That's 2 nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Langebrød
    Glyph of Succubus - Your Succubus's Seduction ability also removes all damage over time effects from the target. (Old - Increases the duration of your Succubus's Seduction by 3 sec.)

.. wut?
    Similar to the current Glyph of Polymorph, lets you seduce someone without seduce breaking instantly from dots.
    Originally Posted by Eyonix
    We see comments on the difficulty of a raid dungeon every time we've released one since after Blackwing Lair. The complaints never come from the players who actually did any of the content interestingly enough.

15+ Year Old Account

Actually bladestorm has never hit more than 4 targets (except with the old ww glyph when it hit 5), and GC clarified that shattering throw would work that way right after it was introduced. They were just clearing it up for ppl who misunderstood (like you apparantly).

Quote Originally Posted by Canbie
    So shadow priests should be casting PWS on tanks as well? SS is supposed to be cast by holy pallies, maybe ret casting it on themselves if they feel like helping out the healers.
    I can't see any prot pallies wanting to have to work this into thier rotation. Especially for 8+ min boss fights.
    Being a Holy Paladin this new talent is definitely something I would want to pick up depending on my roll in the raid.

Currently Sacred Shield absorbs around 2500-2700 damage over 30 seconds every time it procs on live. Picking up this talent would make it around 2900-3300 damage absorbed every six seconds over one minute. That's (give or take depending on your gear) 32,400 damage over the full duration. That's huge compared to the default.

And it would free up one GCD every 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLiaison
    Being a Holy Paladin this new talent is definitely something I would want to pick up depending on my roll in the raid.

Currently Sacred Shield absorbs around 2500-2700 damage over 30 seconds every time it procs on live. Picking up this talent would make it around 2900-3300 damage absorbed every six seconds over one minute. That's (give or take depending on your gear) 32,400 damage over the full duration. That's huge compared to the default.

That is my point. I want to take it. Tell me what else to take after 5/5 Divinity please.
    It should be tier 2 or at the very least 3.

Yeah I agree the positioning could be better. But if it went live today I'd go with a build like this for certain situations:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9733

The build is built around added survivability for your tank/raid. Not necessarily the best pure healing build, but you get the idea.. :P

Blessed Hands in Holy Tree (10% boost to Hand of Sacrifice effectiveness)
    Divinity (5% more healing done)
    Divine Sacrifice
    Divine Guardian (Huge buff to SS)

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLiaison

Also Bladestorm currently does not have an immediate attack, but instead starts hitting after 1 second.