Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New ptr build (feral changes)

1) * Glyph of Survival Instincts - Your Survival Instincts ability grants an additional 10% of your maximum health.
    * Glyph of Savage Roar - Your Savage Roar ability grants an additional 3% bonus damage done. (Down from 6%)
    2) * Primal Gore doesn't affect Rake anymore.

Damn, Rake!

Is it me or Blizzard just force us to stick only with Rip?

Mangle to buff Rip
    Shred idol for longer Rip
    Primal Gore for critical Rip
    Savage Roar for more powerfull Rip

As for me, I don't like where we going. Regardless of how good our dps is.

Re: New ptr build (feral changes)

Yep, sucks.
    I mean, cool for the tanking glyph (though kinda uninspired) but the kitty stuff is a bummer.

Rake has been, for me, one of the most PITA abilities we got because of its short duration and now it won't even benefit from PG. That's sad.

And really, Glyph of SR, 3%? Doesn't that take it out of the top 3 DPS glyphs now?

Oh well, I just hope it's not such a big pre-patch nerf maths-wise.

wait for next PTR build
    "Primal Gore doesn't affect Rip anymore."
    "Glyph of Savage Roar - removed from game"

with the old ptr build, cat dps wasnt to strong imo, it was just perfect. now with the nerf we will stay at the lower end....

I was looking forward to rake dot crits too :/

And I was complaining about Primal Gore not affecting Pounce...

Quote Originally Posted by Salem
    wait for next PTR build

with the old ptr build, cat dps wasnt to strong imo, it was just perfect. now with the nerf we will stay at the lower end....

Is your definition of perfect being 10-15% above all other dps? because that's a personal and shared experience from some other ptr-testing guilds.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD

1) * Glyph of Survival Instincts - Your Survival Instincts ability grants an additional 10% of your maximum health.
    * Glyph of Savage Roar - Your Savage Roar ability grants an additional 3% bonus damage done. (Down from 6%)
    2) * Primal Gore doesn't affect Rake anymore.

Damn, Rake!

Is it me or Blizzard just force us to stick only with Rip?

Mangle to buff Rip
    Shred idol for longer Rip
    Primal Gore for critical Rip
    Savage Roar for more powerfull Rip

As for me, I don't like where we going. Regardless of how good our dps is.
    we all knew it was coming lol. It's a pretty big nerf for rake not being able to crit anyways...should still do ok with just Rip critting.

I personally just thought they'd take Glyph of savage roar out of the game and let rake crit. But i guess this works too.

The buffs that Feral dps got may have been a bit much, especially with the devs talking about hybrid taxes again. The removal of Rake from Primal Gore may lead to a cleaner rotation or merely keep the current status quo. Chances are good that Feral will be able to move higher on the DPS charts either way and that is really what we're looking for here.
    Christian Slater is the best actor of his generation. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    we all knew it was coming lol. It's a pretty big nerf for rake not being able to crit anyways...should still do ok with just Rip critting.

I personally just thought they'd take Glyph of savage roar out of the game and let rake crit. But i guess this works too.
    I thought feral dps was fine when dot crit had original modifier of 1.5, it was obivous it went overboard when dot crit modifier went to 2. Since rake does less damage than Rip (i believe, correct me if im wrong), having Rake bonus removed, by having rip remain at 2 crit modifier still allows us to perform better than when dot crits were at 1.5 modifier, coupled with SR glyph nerf it may or may not have gone overboard.

But if people really think feral dps weren't too high on PTR before today, they're in denial or can't really play cat dps aspect well
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

15+ Year Old Account

LoL we got powned ;D
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

wait for next PTR build
    And the PTR build after that :
    *Cat Form - removed from game

If I had to guess the changes were made not due to it being overpowered - but due to the fact that it may scale too well as gear level goes up.

It's better to deal with the changes now then to get nerfed later on after the changes are live.

in my experience if you learn how to play feral, and have mostly BiS gear, there is no reason not to be either at the top of the DPS charts, or near the top with how things are now on live. Those changes would have been a big boost, and if others where not getting the same boost, we would have been hit hard with a nerf bat latter... so I will take a slight hit now and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Avermra
    But if people really think feral dps weren't too high on PTR before today, they're in denial or can't really play cat dps aspect well
    oke this probely says more about my guild thne it does about me but i managed to get top 5 dps in guild even on live so cats buff went a bit crazy i did love it though ;D
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I'm not trying to tell you guys to think like i think. But please, the QQing has gone on long enough imo. Deal with the changes if you're not in the ptr and wait to see what happens. If you are in the ptr, test the changes and let blizzard know if they are good or not. But test them first!!! :P

You guys gota remember that all this nerf talk is cause for ulcers. If you take a look at the big picture (which i KNOW at least 70% of the wow community out there DOES NOT do) you will find that, for Blizz, it's all about getting the classes together in dps. Pure then hybrids. It's that simple. Stop worrying about nerfs and complaining about them and try to see how you can make the change to maximise your performance so that we can get our dps right. All this "QQ" and "zomg there's no hope" and "next patch expect more nerf" shit is just that. Shit.

I understand that it looks bad and quite frankly i would have liked to have rake crit for you kittys. But if it's gonna make the class more powerful than the others then you ARE going to get nerfed so that all classes can feel that they are putting in a good effort compared to other classes.

Its not about YOU or YOUR CLASS. It's about dps equality across the board.

I can see blizzard are doing their very best to get all the dps right and where they want it, some classes get nerfs, others get buffs. Instead of concentrating on 'this nerf' or 'that buff' that that person's class/your class got. Concentrate on helping blizzard get it to where it's meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovisabeo
    in my experience if you learn how to play feral, and have mostly BiS gear, there is no reason not to be either at the top of the DPS charts, or near the top with how things are now on live.
    If your Mages, Furys, Warlocks and DW DKs fail that much...yes you should top the DPS. Otherwise you shouldn't. Our Feral reaches up to 5,6k DPS on Patch which I believe is pretty decent, but he doesn't stand a chance against the classes I've already named doing 6-7k dps.

What are you smoking dude?

not the only feral around here sitting at the top of the charts, so I don't know.

Then again I know our casters have been getting screwed on weapon drops and the like.

Koumaru

I was expecting some kind of cat nerf.

The Survival Instincts glyph disappointed me, though. While warriors get their Last Stand down to a 2-minute cooldown (or whatever it is since they changed it again) after talent and glyph, ours is still stuck at 5 minutes. We bears are beefy*; even after the nerf, we still have a lot of health, and I'd prefer being able to "Last Stand" more than half as often as a warrior rather than have even more health for the duration.

Seems they gave the warrior and druid versions of the Last Stand / Survival Instincts glyphs to the wrong classes.

(*: especially taurens -- sorry, couldn't help it)

It seemed inevitable a nerf was coming with the numbers being put out on ptr up until now.

But I was hoping they would choose a more intelligent approach, like tweaking the crit modifier from 150% to maybe 140% or abit lower, thus retaining the benefit to both attacks instead of kicking rake in the face with steel capped boots.

so then is rake worth using anymore now?