Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Move Master of Ghouls back to where it was before.....

I play a DK, I'm not 7 years old, and I do test some on the PTR.

To state it succintly: PTR changes are NOT FINALIZED. Anyone who thinks 3.1 is going to hit early April as GC once mentioned isn't testing. They're not close.

A couple of things: most of the UH DK's running around weren't end-game geared, UH is better than Blood, and probably Frost though I haven't tried that on live, with early instance itemization. Same thing applies with the DW 32/39 spec and close variations. The DW spec may be better than any 2H, but I'm not seeing it, and I can state with authority Blood scales with BiS gear incredibly well currently, just not with diseases. This of course changes with 3.1, but they're also correcting effectively all of the things I absolutely hated about disease-based rotations with any spec.

Blizzard has stated they'd like to make any of the trees equivalent for DPS and Tanking assuming the talent selection wasn't awful; however, both they and I know how extraordinarily difficult that task is. I personally think it's a lofty goal, but they will never, ever, get things perfectly in balance even for DK's, let alone every other class. That said, they can certainly do a better job than they are now. If the difference is only 50-100 DPS (for the sake of the argument) that's simply not going to make or break your raid. You should be somewhat worried about DK's vs. other classes, as class balance does play a part in justifying a raid slot; however, they pulled back feral kitty DPS on the PTR as an example, so it's not just us.

Design wise, OB almost has to be better than DS: it has a penalty for removing diseases which for Blood you have to spend 13 points for it to not be annoying in 3.1 (or simply use OB at the very last strike in your rotation, though that rather defeats Glyph of Disease if you go that route), and DS heals the DK: clearly a benefit instead of a penalty. I'm not convinced that Blizzard intends Blood DPS to simply use DS and be done with it, it's more helpful for Blood Tanking, but I do think they'd like to give us the option of using it, which nobody PvE Raid DPS does today. None, zero, nada.

So kick back and watch the show on the PTR. Yeah, I like Blood, my gear is heavily optimized towards it; however, I'm not so in love with it that it's the end of the world to see changes to it. If it does awful DPS after the patch, they'll fix it. In the meantime I can make a shift to a Frost/Blood subspec and be out almost nothing when it comes to immediately re-gearing for Ulduar. Blizzard isn't done making changes yet, as 3.1 gets closer to finalization and Blood et al (insert your favorite spec here) is terribad, then start making complaints. Test it yourself though.

Personally I'm absolutely confident that my DPS in 3.1 will be fine, and that I will be able to justify my raid slot as a result. If I have to tweak my spec to do that, it's not the end of the world.

Re: Move Master of Ghouls back to where it was before.....

Dks on live are too strong with lesser gear, and it scales to be way too strong, in certain aspects, IE dual wield and certain other specs. They're gonna tone it back, the mechanics dks work on are so very stout that slight changes can make huge differences. I say give it another 2 weeks and you'll still be weaker than live, but not so bad you'll be worthless.(or more worthless)
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.