Leveling a Shadow Priest

I was always Holy with the full primal set, w/stacked spirit. At 70 I went Shadow for northrend, I'm loving shadow, quests are a cakewalk. However i'm having the worst time ever getting into a instance group being shadow. Seriously what gives. Today i get an invite from a DK who obviously didnt read the caption that said SHADOW-DPS, after i informed him i was shadow, and prefer to DPS, he tells me that i will need to heal too bad. Then tell the party "ok all we need now is a tank". I said i would heal if he tanked, nuff said i was removed from group. I'm not asking for flamers please, i would like to know from general population if you see a shadow priest in que do you avoid them like the plague, or invite them?

Re: Leveling a Shadow Priest

I suggest you write this in general forum if you want that question answered.

After all, basically everyone in here are priests and would never commit such a horrible act ;p

I like being shadow. I have nearly all the best in slot items for shadow.

But if I was playing a healer or tank in a group and we needed only 3 dps to finish it, if I had any choice at all I would not choose shadow over other DPS, if I knew all of their gear was the same and such.

Shadow is fine as DPS, but is nowhere near the optimal unless you way overgear some other DPS class. Blizzard wants to pretend that shadow is equivalent to other classes but even with raid buffs and stacked composition alongside consumables it comes nowhere near even non-fully epiced "real dps."

When 3.1 comes out and dual spec is enabled i wont care if someone wants me to heal. Xp is XP. I would be curious how many retarted dk's will have the tank spec but wont tank. I'm just going to quest my way to 80, already 75. Thanks for the responses.

Today:
    - Shadow can heal
    - Death Knights can tank

- Shadow can still heal
    - Death Knights can still tank

Yeah, I love DKs who's to retarded to understand they play a class designed for tanking *sigh*

While lvling from 1 to 80 I did just about all the instances (maybe not stuff like UBRS for obvious reasons), and have never dpsed. Ever.

Not that I mind, actualy I like to heal. Bad healers are even worse then bad tanks when it comes to pug-lvling instances. When I heal I know things will be OK, I have control over the group.

And I like when ppl say they liked my healing :P When was the last time someone complemented you on DPS?

Generaly I like players who can play their hybrid classes as HYBRIDS. They go bear form and offtank when needed, or shift out of Shadowform or Moonkin and offheal. Or just main tank/heal when lvling. This has alot of impact on 5-10man groups/raids, much less in 25mans ofc...

So if someone does not want to do something, then fine... but I admire players who can and do stuff.

Just did a UK reg run, we had a 80 DK in the group who was tanking/dpsing and we had a holy pally lvl71 with T4 and some other good gears.

Somehow, he sucked at healing the last boss... So we kicked him, and me, a lvl67 shadow priest healed it flawlessly.

That might just be the pally that sucked tho

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

If I actually needed badges and a heroic party demanded that I heal, I'd just heal as Shadow. Most people are pretty aware that Spriests are a great DPS class on their own merits, so you don't run into dumbasses as much anymore.

I heal heroics as shadow when I get bored. I have done UK, UP, VH, Nexus and HoL on heroic so far, and the only problem I have had was on the Voidwalker boss in VH when the DPS apparently decided they wanted the achievement without telling me, resulting in me spamming Prayer of Healing and them being completely oblivious to the massive AoE damage they were taking. A well geared tank in a heroic requires so little healing that it isn't much of a challenge.

All you need is an alright-ish healing set, and since was nothing else to spend my badges on I have a decent enough kit now.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithip
    Just did a UK reg run, we had a 80 DK in the group who was tanking/dpsing and we had a holy pally lvl71 with T4 and some other good gears.

Somehow, he sucked at healing the last boss... So we kicked him, and me, a lvl67 shadow priest healed it flawlessly.

That might just be the pally that sucked tho
    That might have been? your thick if you don't KNOW he sucked....