You cant faceroll 5.5k dps as a spriest if thats what the OP wants to know.
Also be ready to never top the dps charts.
I really love aoe'ing on mobs that can take some damage and when you have an unholy DK in the raid. First you place your DP on the skull and then you just start doing MS :P. The DK will spread the plague and you'll be ticking quite a lot extra
shadow priest isn't really a rotation for bosses, instead it's a big if/then statement:Originally Posted by Sindershock
- if trinket is off cooldown and shadow weaving is five stacks, then use trinket
- else if no shadow word pain on the mob and shadow weaving is five stacks, then cast shadow word pain
- else if devouring plague is off cooldown and shadow weaving is five stacks, then cast devouring plague
- else if vampiric touch is off the mob or has about a second left, then cast vampiric touch
- else if mind blast is off cooldown, then cast mind blast
- else if shadow word death is off cooldown, then cast shadow word death
- else cast mind flay
the real start of the rotation is the fourth step (bolded), and there's more to be involved including when to use vampiric embrace and a trick called mind flay clipping where you immediately cancel the channel with every then statement listed above to maximise dps from spells with cooldowns or immediately canceling after casting it to quickly build stacks of shadow weaving when the fight begins.
on trash, it's really just mash buttons as fast as you can, my rotation for each mob is normally vampiric touch, shadow word pain, mind blast, shadow word death, then alternate mind flay and mind blast until it's dead
mind seer is also good for packs of four or more