Poll: What gear was your guild wearing when you killed Sartharion, 3D?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: My Sart3D Kill was done in...

You're right, the achievement is aimed for iLvl226 players.
    Blizzard didn't intend Sarth3D to be doable this tier. There's blue posts saying "this is tuned for T8/T9 level gear".

Anyway, for my 25 man guild, with our best team, it took us around 10-15 hours of wipes. It's not an easy encounter.

Put it this way, once you've done it - you completed WoW (for now). Do you really want it to be easy?

Re: My Sart3D Kill was done in...

Quote Originally Posted by Gef
    So why do you think you have the fucking right to down the hardest content in the game?

For the love of Christ, First it will be QQ about the fact you don't want to put effort into the game to do something that's actually a challenge, rather than farming your 15/15 Naxx10 every week, Then it will be "Oh qq, the content is too easy"

Make your fucking mind up. Fucking hell.
    To be fair, you don't know that he ever claimed things were too hard. You are generalizing. If you are angry about something in your life you should take it up with your shrink, but you are just one of many people that misunderstood the point of the thread.

There's 10 man guilds and 25 man guilds. 25 man guilds are more difficult to muster and organize, so a lot of players opt to not go on those raids. This is why ten man raiding was born in the first place, to serve as a viable alternative to all those players that can't put together 25 people.

From this very act, couples with how every raid encounter now has a version for both, you can assume that Blizzard think of 10 man and 25 man raiding as two different leagues. In the soccer little league, the kids play with 7 players on the field. In the big league, they play with 11 players on the field, and the field is bigger. It's the same shit, but everything is scaled proportionally.

From this you can further assume that 10 man raids should be managable for a 10 man guild. As it is today, the only guilds with enough people to handpick the arrangement of classes needed for the buffs and tank rotation alone are the 25 man guilds. 10 man guilds chose to be 10 man guilds to avoid everything that comes with running a 25 man guild. You see the logic here? It has nothing to do with casual vs. hardcore or skilled vs. poor, it's just the fact that Blizzard put all the little league players on the big field and all the big league players on the little field. They don't have to run as far or as fast, they don't have to shoot the ball as hard to lodge it across the field. This analogy became gay now but the point is that the tables are turned, and this makes little sense when seen in context of what Blizzard, per their own policies and statements, are trying to achieve with the current raid model. This is something that needs to be addressed, and probably will be in the next expansion. TBC had its pros and cons, and Blizzard looked at those and took a completely opposite focus with WotLK. Maybe come the next expansion we'll find something in between where 10 man raiding is indeed more casual than 25 man, and tuned accordingly.

EDIT: There's a post above saying Blizzard themselves state that Sarth is not tuned for the current tier. I always assumed it was, but if it's not, my whole post is pointless.