Thread: Searing pain

Searing pain

Inflict searing pain on the enemy target, causing 343 to 405 Fire damage. Causes a high amount of threat.
    8% of base mana, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast

Does anyone ever had a use for this spell? ???
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Pallieter (retired)

Re: Searing pain

twin emps, leotheras, illidan tanking.
    leveling.
    finishing someone in pvp.

taking off aggro of your healer if the tank sucks/is busy on other mobs

yeah this is somewhat useful for pvp or no threat fights (lol Loot Below)... apparently it has the same potential dps as shadowbolt (though this was back in vanilla so I doubt that's the case anymore), but for now I've found it a useful option for burst damage in pvp.

Deleted

As stated before, when you need to tank a mob/boss..

the only time i've ever had to use this was in bc... searing pain to pull and then cc..

Gothik the harvester undead side.

i use it in pvp sometimes (my lock is only in the 30s bracket though) but it's harder to interrupt than shadowbolt and fast casts are nice

Using it to level as a 63 Demo Lock. Use it as a finisher at the end.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Last i used it was for seduce cc'ing in tbc, searing pain the target before succy seduces, so if it breaks early succy isnt one hit, and hell breaks loose like it always inevitably did with seduce -_- .

KT Skeletons.

Either that or DS, but I really don't like Necrosis nor to have 4000 shards.

Searing Pain it is.

it's a short cast, so yes it's usefull in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Pallieter
    Inflict searing pain on the enemy target, causing 343 to 405 Fire damage. Causes a high amount of threat.
    8% of base mana, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast

Does anyone ever had a use for this spell? ???
    It was 3 a.m (EU) and we were in front of Kelthuzad, we haven't got another tank online so i remembered my old days. I used my PvP gear + some frost resist gear (one piece really :P), i had 25k HP in 10 man not too bad.

There were only benefits:

-Frostbolts hit on me for 10k, and i dispelled the dot with my felhunter receiving 1'5k HP ^^ (i was raiding with my pvp build, naxx isn't a serious thing) so it was so easy for the healers.

-My aggro was amazing, with a rogue with ToT i could'nt see the end of my aggro bar

-Nether protection + Soul leech = win, i could survive like 10 seconds without a single heal.

-With immolate + conflagrate i shot searing pain in 0'8 secs i ended doing 2kDPS not bad at all.
    www.xaximbo.blogspot.com Warlock Theorycrafting mostly focused to PvP, i want to know your opinion!

Searing pain is good spell...