Ret: How about Mana Regen. from crits?

Here my idea for mana regeneration that could replace the remova of Spiritual Attunement:

Talent in tier 8 (3/3)
    "Gives the paladin a (33/66/100%) chance to immediately grant him/her 2% of maximum mana after dealing a critical strike from weapon swing, spell or ability. It also decreases the cooldown of Exorcism by (1/2/3) sec."

With this talent, obviously the Glyph of Seal of Blood should be changed in something that increases our sustained damage for example:

Glyph of Seal of Blood :
    " increases total damage done by 2% while Seal of Blood/of the Martyr is active" or " increases the damage done by your Seal and Judgement of Blood/of the Martyr by 5%"

With these changes we could obtain : more sustained damage (exorcism 12 second cooldown, Glyph of Seal of Blood) and more mana regeneration.

So we could regenerate mana from :
    1)Judgement of the Wise
    2)Judgement of Wisdom
    3)Divine Plea
    4)Replenishment
    5)2% of maximum mana from every crit
    + Lay on Hands and/or Glyph of Divinity, Seal of Wisdom, Blessing of Wisdom ,Innervate, Mana pots

What do you think about it?

Re: Ret: How about Mana Regen. from crits?

there is no need for even more mana regen in 3.1
    it's fine

15+ Year Old Account

way to much imo. crits happen ALL the time.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    way to much imo. crits happen ALL the time.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

I don't remember where i read it or who posted it but someone suggested allowing ret paladins to talent into being able to use SoW in addition to an offensive seal. Seemed to make more sense than JotW for PvP because holy paladins wouldn't benefit enough from it to spec into it and PvE due to it being a steady source of mana :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

How about just ripping off the holy paladin's illumination, and make the mana regenerated equal to a percentage of the spells cost?

I think that would require a nerf of JotW.

i did some math. right now changing from glyph of con to SoB i'll gain ~45% more mana on sarth 3d and ~30% more on patch.

More.

so w/e you posted about more mana regen is useless and unneeded.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    i did some math. right now changing from glyph of con to SoB i'll gain ~45% more mana on sarth 3d and ~30% more on patch.

More.

so w/e you posted about more mana regen is useless and unneeded.
    Agreed. What we need now is definitely not more mana.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

I agree with the above, in the end all it would be is an additional talent giving mana, making the whole speccing more annoying.

Don't expect to have JotW at the same power, and a new mana returning mechanic, this is why I also said they'd have to nerf JotW.

Just leave it as it is..

Though I'd love to have JotW for protection.. <.<
    If only for a tiny bit of mana regen.. Meaning, nerfing JotW, lowering it in the tree, giving access to protection pallies, while being very weak for holy, but just enough for protection.

And then an additional talent to make up for the nerf, somewhere deep in ret.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Though I'd love to have JotW for protection.. <.<
    If only for a tiny bit of mana regen.. Meaning, nerfing JotW, lowering it in the tree, giving access to protection pallies, while being very weak for holy, but just enough for protection.

And then an additional talent to make up for the nerf, somewhere deep in ret.
    I would have agreed with you here until I was on the ptr rockin with Divine Plea. The new talent that refreshes Divine Plea's duration on you makes prot mana issues a thing of the past. Since our seals are undispellable, just protect it with a seal and you're set.

On the initial idea:

Sorry but I don't want anything else linked to RNG. The great thing about JotW right now is it ALWAYS fires when you judge (or maybe just when it hits don't remember this change all that well), but either way it's based on a set cooldown from a set skill that I can use whenever I choose. It's not based on when the RNG feels like favoring me with it's wonderful graces. Waiting for an RNG proc to give you mana you absolutely need to keep your dps up is not something I would ever want.

Quote Originally Posted by PhearMark
    I would have agreed with you here until I was on the ptr rockin with Divine Plea. The new talent that refreshes Divine Plea's duration on you makes prot mana issues a thing of the past. Since our seals are undispellable, just protect it with a seal and you're set.
    Mmm, yeah, I totally forgot about that.
    I still think that talent is a bit dodgy.. How does it act on thrash?

I imagine you can't keep it up 100% of the time, but how much about you estimate it is?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Mmm, yeah, I totally forgot about that.
    I still think that talent is a bit dodgy.. How does it act on thrash?

I imagine you can't keep it up 100% of the time, but how much about you estimate it is?
    Honestly as long as I moved fast enough from mob to mob it wasn't an issue. Basically you have 15 seconds to move on to another mob and smack it once which is plenty of time. And generally while raiding if it did wear off the cooldown was either already finished, or really close to finishing.

If I had to estimate for a slower moving raid between pulls I'd guess 70% of the time or higher.

For a fast moving raid, I'd truly estimate closer to 90% or higher. It's just that easy to move between mobs!

15+ Year Old Account

blizz posted this week or last week that they want glyph of seal of blood to be a choice for people with mana problems.

adding mana on crit kinda breaks this by increasing it even more, making glyph of blood worthless
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Adding this also adds more RNG, which Blizzard don't want to add any more of when it comes to important things like regen
    A more likely version would be like the T6 bonus, but still unlikely to ever happen

WOW why would a pally ask for more when they are already OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion

Blizz announced that they will CHange Seal and Judgment of Wise. Stop QQ.

Edit: Its not an Insult but next time think... Blizz will try to balance it out.
    Ok so you post a giant picture saying stfu, and edit it saying its not an insult? I like it, you sir are visionary :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Makutsu
    WOW why would a pally ask for more when they are already OP?
    Ever seen a damage meter? The pretty pink colored one isn't doing so well on it
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion

Blizz announced that they will CHange Seal and Judgment of Wise. Stop QQ.

Edit: Its not an Insult but next time think... Blizz will try to balance it out.
    Thanks sir.