Thread: Holy T8 4pc

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy T8 4pc

After casting PW:Shield you get 250 spellpower for 5 seconds. Anyone know if they are planning on upping the time window on this?

PW:S is an instant that puts you into GCD. So that is 1.5 seconds you can't do anything while inside the proc window. That leaves you with 3.5 seconds to benefit from this proc. Assuming you don't have to move and don't have any lag that gives you 3.5 seconds which is a Maximum of 2 spells (instants or 1.5 speed Flash Heals) or 1 larger heal. Even with that, 250sp really does not equate to a drastic increase in healing. It seems very lack luster especially compared to T7s 5% mana reduction on Gheal which makes a very big difference over the course of a fight.

My question is, am I missing something? I don't pretend to know everything, so thus why I ask. This doesn't seem to be that great of a 4pc with that short of a proc window.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy T8 4pc

Its HEALING set, not holy set. Stop the discrimination against discipline spec.

Anyways... I doubt they are going to add seconds to it. Remember there are plenty of short duration buffs that isn't "buffed" just because of wcd.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Well, considering the 4 set bonus, this is indeed the discipline set

/tongueincheek :
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

1) Get more haste
    2) Reduce your GCD to 1 sec
    3) ???
    4) Profit

true ^^ but he still has a point that the time is short for a tad lackluster bonus, nevertheless i doubt they were wanting u to have a 100% uptime on the buff, and they did say they want the bonus to be just that, a bonus so that you have to adjust ur playstyle in order to get the bonus and not give you a bonus for what you already do.

and on another note... like mandible said, "stop the descrimination!" :P it's the 1st set they give priest that has even a remote aplication to the disc priest, even if the pieces of the set arent really that awesome for us

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    1) Get more haste
    2) Reduce your GCD to 1 sec
    3) ???
    4) Profit
    How many times are you going to post things like that? Its getting annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

I am so sorry that I obviously crapped on disc priests by using the word Holy.... :

But more to the point, the 4pc (or 8pc pre BC) were rarely procs with short use windows. The 4pc bonus is generally passive. (Y heals for X% more or in some older sets you get HoTs for Gheals etc). I would have thought the 250sp proc to be a good 2pc bonus, a "nice to have" vs something that would be a reason to use 4 pieces of the gear. As it stands right now, given the itemization in Uldar, I would not bother using 4pc of T8. Even if I was Disc, this proc is still very underwhelming.

This set bonus is designed towards Disc priests.  Even then it isn't a decent enough set bonus to worry about.  So as was pointed out to me we are given more lea way to gear outside our set.

Honestly.  888 mana for PWS just for a minor short SP boost is almost not worth it for either spec, though Disc can find it useful. 

As Disc you get the most out of it as a main tank healer.  Say you shield for a large spike of damage (say Sarth 3D flame breath) and then get a small bonus to your healing spells right after to help top off.

As Holy this 4 set is worthless as currently in 3.1 Holy is a more a raid healer.  Not to mention, CoH is instant cast, costs less mana, and with the 40% healing increase it heals a lot more than our shield is worth.  And has the added bonus of healing 4-5 (glyphed) other people at the same time. 

Sort of a lackluster 4 set really. 
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    How many times are you going to post things like that? Its getting annoying.
    1) Post using the underpants gnomes format
    2) Annoy douchebags
    3) ??
    4) Profit!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    1) Post using the underpants gnomes format
    2) Annoy douchebags
    3) ??
    4) Profit!
    lol, win.

C
    x

I plan to have a dual spec with PvE Holy & Disco builds. At this moment, I do not plan to gun for a 4-piece set if the passive stats on other pieces are superior. The duration is, as stated by others, extremely short. I like the idea of using PWS->Penance/Gheal right before a known spike on a tank; however, this small bump does seem rather lackluster overall for a 4-piece.

On a side note, I am a little disappointed with the haste heavy nature of the set (168 HstR vs 108 CrtR; T8.5). Crit has so much more use, imo, for both Disco or Holy. I have never had a problem with my heals being too slow in either spec. However, Disco will have the most effective crit throughput in the game with the new 10K DA stack, and Holy will be relying on crit to keep uptime on Holy Concentration for regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible

Anyways... I doubt they are going to add seconds to it. Remember there are plenty of short duration buffs that isn't "buffed" just because of wcd.
    Yup and Disc may benefit the most from this.

Standard Cast/Power Infusion with 6% haste from Enlightenment and 25% from Borrowed Time, yes these numbers were pulled from the PTR

PW:S -> Penance .76/.63 per tick = 1.51/1.26 second cast -> 1.13/.943 Flash Heal -> 1.18 Flash Heal = 4.06/3.383 seconds and that's just through talents so buffs and haste gear I'm sure even without Power Infusion you could make the 3.5 second timer, because you have to get the cast off by the time it wears off for people who don't know. I can't exactly provide accurate haste numbers to show how much Holy would need to get their base 2.5 Greater Heal off twice in order to make the time, or if it's even possible. But assuming it's not, Disc will see the better end of it.

Edit: Just so it's clear, Penance gains the 25% haste from Borrowed Time, but does not consume it! only after you cast the first Flash Heal does it consumed.

1 read thread
    2 profit
    3 profit
    4 profit
    100 profit

I laughed like mad..... I had a bad day and this cheered me up... TY

Well an extra 250 sp on one big heal, or 2 small heals isn't too bad, then again it isn't a must either. Kind of Blizzards intention, they don't want to force people to go for the set pieces, it gives you the flexibility to pick up random pieces replacing em.

Do ya spam PW:S? then this is for you
    not, then get the better random crap that drops and smile (Blizzard haven't made good set pieces since T3, then again they were the only good ones in the game).

Hi

Tier 1 and tier 2 had some nice bonusses and I was happy with tier 5 and 6 as well. I think tier 4 was decent too but never gathered that set because of the mooncloth/ whitemend combo.

Basicly the set bonusses were usually oriented to the typical kind of fights you could expect trouble on, take the t7 1st bonus, it's great for EoE and Saph and in general having an extra PoM jump is nice in places where the entire raid takes damage.
    In Ulduar we probably need a lot of strong group heals, which is why got the 2 pc bonus, however the 4 pc bonus just doesn't make any sense to me and I'd rather see no bonus then that crap. :-/
    That's why I'm also only going for the chest and the head item, since those are the only 2 pieces with crit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed
    Well an extra 250 sp on one big heal, or 2 small heals isn't too bad, then again it isn't a must either. Kind of Blizzards intention, they don't want to force people to go for the set pieces, it gives you the flexibility to pick up random pieces replacing em.
    All I was trying to say is Disc may see bigger heals from the tier bonus. 1 big heal for 188% SP coefficient isn't bad at all and will be noticed, but all I was trying to state was you may see a bigger effect on Disc. But another thing, that's not the smartest idea if you go OOM cause Flash Heals will do that, but for quick burst healing it may be the best way to go...but this is just theorycrafting ( and no, 2 Flash Heals won't OOM you in any sense, but mana problems = only useful for burst heals but if you have no mana problems -at all- it shouldn't matter and is just free healing )

Do ya spam PW:S? then this is for you
    not, then get the better random crap that drops and smile (Blizzard haven't made good set pieces since T3, then again they were the only good ones in the game).
    Disc Priests always spam shield and I'm sure Holy will do for needing extra healing, but as far as I know it's not apart of any rotation they use lol.

Edit: stupid quote

As a holy priest I'd rather use a flask, elixer or foodbuff to increase my healing done. 250 spellpower for 5 sec is barily a 10% bonus and the PW:S is very mana costly, I'm not gonna waste 800+ mana on just 10% extra healing done.

15+ Year Old Account

I think that compared to Restoration Druids that heals instant with Rejuvenation, it sounds boring... Though be happy so far with the Holy and Discipline changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dascia
    As a holy priest I'd rather use a flask, elixer or foodbuff to increase my healing done. 250 spellpower for 5 sec is barily a 10% bonus and the PW:S is very mana costly, I'm not gonna waste 800+ mana on just 10% extra healing done.
    Well then, skip 3 pcs and go for offset items. Your fellow priests specced into discipline will love you for letting them have the set, and the warlocks will cheer at both you and me, because as a Holy Paladin I'm going to skip the whole thing.

Imo, it helps Disci to get closer to the Spellpower amount Holys have. As Disc u can have this proc up constantly if u "heal" alot with shields ;>

And for Holy it only helps for an "oh shit" Shield -> 2FH,s with extra amount of healing...So holys can feel free to catch up some Rnd Loot.