Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Hardest boss to date?

Well as an old school player (haven't played much of the newer stuff) I'd like to point out that.

Nefarian : for the first time meeting him and there being no tactics out there, it was (WTF is with the zerg fest!), after a few days of wipe, it became alright now Nefarian lands, there are 10 mobs running around and 10 people left alive! HOW THE HELL..Finaly trying to aoe the skeletons without invunrability pot had 7 mages and 3 warlocks dead every time! worse of all is a tank failing at stance dancing

HuHuran: Frustrating until we eventually found the best choice of poison soakers (locks were much better at soaking poisons while SL spec).

C'thun: Very interesting fight all around, thumbs up for the challange.

Gothik 60: Frustrating, it seems when the living side does well the dead side fail and force a wipe, and vise versa :/

Patchwerk 60: Wasn't hard but it was so damn frustrating to never ever have him on farm even after killing KT *DONG* OT died..DAMN!

4H men 60: it is so sad how much they nerfed these guys in Wotlk, from one of the most organised fights ever in this game starting from the pull (you pull wrong and it's a wipe) to the amount of dmg the marks made, to how long the fight took (over 10 minutes AFTER they were on farm), only true annoying part was the 8 tank requirment. I missed moving in synch with my group, and every group has a completely different sync then the other, tanks have their own sync lets not forget the invisible voids and the tanks taunts getting resisted by the lady just so that she ends up placing a void in the ONLY safe spot and cause a wipe.

As for hardest....

I'd probably vote for 4 horsemen 60

in addition, it seems like Nezoia only read about 4 horsemen, as yes the 8 tanks requirement was an annoying thing but that WASN'T what made guilds wipe at them for so long
    Hi

Pre-tbc: C'thun
    Tbc: M'uru
    Wolk: LOLOLOL

Twin Emps

Unbalancing Strike — Inflicts 350% weapon damage and leaves the target unbalanced, reducing their defense skill by 100 for 6 sec. owch

healing twin emps as a druid was a mission.. both druid hots up whole time.. a priest spamming & healing touch cache/cancels or NS in case of US

Razorgore was so much fun for healing - *swoons about vanilla mana/agro managment* I love the variety in my priest now but Im not too keen on being able to 19k crit heal on pull and not be bothered - razorgore was so funny seing the raid slowly crumble when things didnt go quite right - you knew design was good when a well laid plan fell apart purely due to a lack of dps and basically no mistakes.

Bit the others have been said - Vashj was solid, took us about 6 weeks (only 1 or at most 2 night a week tho) and we never did get past Kael (til big nerf)

Vanilla - Vael
    TBC - Kael
    WOTLK - ?? We havent even tried drakes +3 - will have to assume its hard for us

-Hardest and best boss ever was Cthun, on my server only 2 guilds downed him after ages of trying (and i was on first shots in both guilds <3).
    -Muru- prenerf we took it to like 5% five or six times and killed after nerf.
    -4h pretbc.

M'uru.

I loved how this boss went from the picture of ultimate coordination (tank communication, assignments, dps focus, CC and MD timing - If you ever got through P1, you were a goddamn well oiled machine) into utter chaos and devistation with a giant floating ball of madness to top it off.

My guild only ever got M'uru down a handful of times pre-nerf, so we never really perfected that last phase. It was just a complete free for all where everyone was just trying to get him down before the raid wiped. It was a lot like those times where you try to eek out a kill after a boss has gone to enrage.

On a personal level, 10-man 3D Sarth was the most fulfilling boss though. Being the Drake and Add Tank Healer on that fight when you're doing it with three Tanks and two Healers is easily the most individually difficult healing assignment ever. You're responsible for 80% of the raid, including 2/3 of the Tanks in a fight with tons of movement, lots of damage and a high degree of situational awareness.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.