Divine Guardian waste of points???

So I just did some testing on the ptr and I have come to the conclusion that Divine Guardian might not be worth getting as a ret paladin, and that overall i think sacred shield and the whole divine sacrifice/guardian is a nerf.

Now the fact that ret paladins are will finally be able to use sacred shield to its full extent is nice but as it stands now all a paladin has to do is bubble to use Divine Guardian and also can cast sacred shield on as many targets as they want.

On the ptr you spend 3 talent points and now have to use a gcd to use Divine Sacrifice and with the 2 divine guardian talent points only increase it to 40%. Sacred shield initial absorb amount is increase by 100 and the time is increased to 1 min.

So all in all the end result is wasting a gcd for Divine sacrifice sacred shield gets buff equal to 135 spellpower and last 1 min but can only be on 1 target.

Now if sacred shields end absorb amount was increase by 20% it would be a must have talent. But right now it seems pretty bad for ret pallys.

Re: Divine Guardian waste of points???

I might be wrong but I think there were some Retadins picking it up for pvp/sarth 3d. It is a pretty significant amount of mitigation and since a lot of people pick up the 30 second hammer anyways its just another 2 i believe. But, I think points could be better spent elsewhere.

Wizzleteats

Quote Originally Posted by derotitis
    I might be wrong but I think there were some Retadins picking it up for pvp/sarth 3d. It is a pretty significant amount of mitigation and since a lot of people pick up the 30 second hammer anyways its just another 2 i believe. But, I think points could be better spent elsewhere.
    Divine Sacrifice, yes. It's easy enough to get with 5 points in Divinity and 5 points in Divine Strength. Divine Guardian requires 15 points in Prot and Ret Paladins would be better served putting those points elsewhere. Improved HoJ also requires 15 points and only reduces the cooldown by 10/20 seconds.

New Edit: I'm only talking about PvE.

Before it was great because whenever I bubbled I would sacrifice my 2s partner and if he was within 30 yards of me then he has 60% damage reduction. So running double dps in 2s it is almost necessary.

I've tried it on the PTR as ret, and im loving it....you go down to take improved hammer anyway, increasing divine sac to 40% means you can have a total of 70% reduction on your partner/team mate while in bubble. Meanwhile your shield lasts for 1 min, and the buff lasts 12 seconds, this is stacks of time to run round a pillar with a dot on you and heal to full with fol and sheath...and with the 25% mana return its not a problem. The only alternative to taking it would be improved righteous fury or toughness, i guess its a matter of preference, but to say you mad to take it stupid, especially for pvp and 2v2...

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    I've tried it on the PTR as ret, and im loving it....you go down to take improved hammer anyway, increasing divine sac to 40% means you can have a total of 70% reduction on your partner/team mate while in bubble. Meanwhile your shield lasts for 1 min, and the buff lasts 12 seconds, this is stacks of time to run round a pillar with a dot on you and heal to full with fol and sheath...and with the 25% mana return its not a problem. The only alternative to taking it would be improved righteous fury or toughness, i guess its a matter of preference, but to say you mad to take it stupid, especially for pvp and 2v2...
    I agree. The talent bumps the absorbtion up to 600 dmg/shield + your SP from Sheath and it lasts for the 1 minute like you said, and also like you said We're gonna pick up hammer anyways.

This would be a fine pvp build, you're only missing Vindication, and if you want to you can pull your points out of RV for Vindication.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9733

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9733