Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MF and SW:D suggestions

Imma make it short and sweet.

These are PvP suggestions also,

Mind Flay - in addition adds a 30% slow to casting speed and attack speeds. IMHO should be a glyph and 30yrd MF should be baseline...

SW - Instead of the damage recoil being in full it would deal damage equal to 25% of the damage dealt every second for 4 seconds, possibly lowing the burst to yourself and making you have a small CC immunity but with a cost of course 8)

What do you think? Possibly worth proposing to GC? lol..

Re: MF and SW:D suggestions

Having Mind Flay also reduce casting speed is a really good idea, honestly. And it fits in with the spell itself, I could imagine trying to concentrate while your mind is being ripped apart.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I like sw:d idea with 4x 25% dmg instead of 100% instant. More ticks to break cc and less burst on self, really usefull in pvp
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

10+ Year Old Account

I fully expected your suggestions to be shit when I clicked the link, but those are not half-bad imo.

It's kind of hard to say if any changes are needed till 3.1 though, even if it looks that way. :P

These are the best suggestions I've ever seen tbh, they're not OP and make sense. If someone can, this should be posted on official american wow forums.

All the PvP priests would use SW on cooldown TBH... 1/3 of the time immune to CC? Even DKs don't get that much...

I realy like the MF idea. But I think we are already strong against casters now, with the 15% magic reduction and silence, this would be abit imba, and alot of healers would go down 11 pts in shadow to get it for pvp I think...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by reinx
    Imma make it short and sweet.

These are PvP suggestions also,

Mind Flay - in addition adds a 30% slow to casting speed and attack speeds. IMHO should be a glyph and 30yrd MF should be baseline...

SW - Instead of the damage recoil being in full it would deal damage equal to 25% of the damage dealt every second for 4 seconds, possibly lowing the burst to yourself and making you have a small CC immunity but with a cost of course 8)

What do you think? Possibly worth proposing to GC? lol..
    I'd rather have some % of having it happen on Mind blast instead of mind flay. Mind blast already have a cooldown and mind flay probably would get a cooldown if we wanted it to slow casting speed and attack speed since mind flay is spammable today and I'd like to keep it that way.

SW should not be a dot, I like it being instant very much damage, it's perfect for pvp.

Tea and Knuf.. do you not understand English or? He didn't say that SW should be dot, he said that the spell should deal backslash damage (meaning, to the priest) as a DOT which gives a chance for breaking cc that breaks on damage (repeteance, blind, fear).

Mind Flay is a perfect suggestion, makes sense with the whole spell design. Sadly, I doubt we'll see these changes implemented ever but once more - really great ideas.

I like these ideas.

/signed
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted

yes,  why are we the only caster in the entire game that needs a glyph and one with a nerf side, to be able to reach other casters? GG.
    Not like frostbolt has a 36 yards range and slows, even after u stop casting, right? : Unlike MFs 24 yards of shitness.

And your ideas are nice, and is not OP, its somthing we need to have a chance.

Yep, MF 30 yard range should be without the use of a Glyph. Makes no sense using up a major glyph slot just to have the same range as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Tea and Knuf.. do you not understand English or? He didn't say that SW should be dot, he said that the spell should deal backslash damage (meaning, to the priest) as a DOT which gives a chance for breaking cc that breaks on damage (repeteance, blind, fear).

Mind Flay is a perfect suggestion, makes sense with the whole spell design. Sadly, I doubt we'll see these changes implemented ever but once more - really great ideas.
    I understud that. What I said is, that it would be totaly OP in PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    All the PvP priests would use SW on cooldown TBH... 1/3 of the time immune to CC? Even DKs don't get that much...
    This is not a good idea. SW: Ding sheep and blinds is cool, but takes loads of skill and perfect timing, while this would just be stupid... dmg spell with an added 4 sec immunity to most CC? RIGHT...

Quote Originally Posted by reinx

1) MF will never be a baseline ability seeing its a very very very strong spell and would be way to strong if it would be baseline. The change for casting speed would be a very good idea though.

2) The change you propose is better than what it currently is, but tbh the entire backlash is still bullshit. Mages have fire blast on a shorter cd, does about the same if not more dmg and gives them 0 dmg to themselves. Why should we suffer with an instant spell with a longer cd, loads of dmg to ourself?

I don't know about the mind flay part, it is a very strong spell now.

SW needs to be reworked, and I like your idea for the 4 second backlash. But the cooldown might have to be increased as it could become quite OP especially in 2v2.

No more OP then Skillbound Fortitiude and Anti-skill shell in pvp though =)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    1) MF will never be a baseline ability seeing its a very very very strong spell and would be way to strong if it would be baseline. The change for casting speed would be a very good idea though.
    What he was meaning was the 30 yards of Mind Flay should be base, not required for a glyph.

2) The change you propose is better than what it currently is, but tbh the entire backlash is still bullshit. Mages have fire blast on a shorter cd, does about the same if not more dmg and gives them 0 dmg to themselves. Why should we suffer with an instant spell with a longer cd, loads of dmg to ourself?
    Have to agree with you here.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

there is one difference between fire blast and SWD. you have to be facing the target to fire blast, you can SWD from behind. heh

One thing I never understood was why they changed Pain and Suffering in the beta. It used to reduce the backlash damage by 60%, and now it is just 30%.

How can you consider reducing the damage you get from your own skill overpowered enough to deserve a nerf?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Yeh cause:
    Frost shock, earth shock, flame shock, fire blast, ice lance, moonfire, holy shock (offensive)all have 12 seconds CDs, and hurt the caster, right? :

Id rather have a proper finishing move like Hammer of wrath or execute. That can only be used when target under 20% for example.

Or if they are under 20% health it deals no backlash damage/always crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Only cc you would be immune against would be blind, repentance, gouge and sheep. Sheep you can already counter as it has cast time when blind and repentance are pure luck based. This change would only force them to use cc when your sw:d is 4+secs on cd.
    On other side if you use it and get stunned, you'll take more unnecessary damage, as without backlash as dot you wouldn't use sw:d.
    I like this idea
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace