Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What's gonna happen to feral druids next ?!!!!

Druid is op cat is op wtf.Primal Gore doesnt affect rake,which is more used than rip.Survival of the fittest nerf,we cant reach more than 30k armor or wtf?Rend and tear wasnt destroying,primal tenacity was really op,thats why druids never reached top 10 arena teams.Now,on tanking side having from 20% sta to 10%,having just dodge(no parry no block) and hardly touch the f...ing armor cap?and we are op?savage roar from 40 to 30% ap?we still are in my opinion(which most of u wont care) nerf dks and then stop nerf classes than are normal and nerfing their pvp talents when they can hardly touch 2100 rating is just the biggest bs i have ever saw on wow
    You can't use this while stunned.

Dorque m8 with the current nerfs will we have we will be worse than 100 top teams
    You can't use this while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodin
    Spec, not class.

And ferals are insanely OP in pvp atm, you needed a nerf. I don't think this will be enough of a damage nerf now that your dots can crit for 3k but yeah, get fucked.

You need to L2Play. The best way to see what classes are OP in PvP is the arena rankings. And last time I checked there wasn't even a druid in the top x%. Let alone a feral druid. DK's and Pallies are much more OP. L2Play or stop trying....

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu
    http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2609210659.jpg
    sometimes try to watch your stats in combat...not only when jumping around fountain in dalaran...
    ^This.

Armour reaching cap (overcap to be more exact) in raid enviroments in Tier1 content was a developing mistake, it got corrected now, it is not a nerf at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fattyboomkin
    Druid is op cat is op wtf.Primal Gore doesnt affect rake,which is more used than rip.Survival of the fittest nerf,we cant reach more than 30k armor or wtf?Rend and tear wasnt destroying,primal tenacity was really op,thats why druids never reached top 10 arena teams.Now,on tanking side having from 20% sta to 10%,having just dodge(no parry no block) and hardly touch the f...ing armor cap?and we are op?savage roar from 40 to 30% ap?we still are in my opinion(which most of u wont care) nerf dks and then stop nerf classes than are normal and nerfing their pvp talents when they can hardly touch 2100 rating is just the biggest bs i have ever saw on wow
    You need to read more about armour then, you are behind on facts it seems as well as others in this thread, or you never got BiS gear and received full raid buffs in boss fights to see you get overcapped in armour at this moment.

Atm we have NO abbility that allows DoT's to crit, none of them. We will get one of our bleed DoT's to crit at least. I welcome the change, and it's not Live yet. I cannot say that something that appears on the PTR is a nerf or buff till it hits Live. So coming and saying they already nefed stuff on PTR (new stuff that's not on Live) is not the right way to do imo. Wait for stuff to go live before qq-ing.

I won't cover PvP aspects of the game as I don't care about that, just PvE. In PvP I'll let others decide what's happening.

Savage Roar got buffed compared to what it is on Live. It also gives us more itemization options and we will not hunt down Strength now as much as we used to, that was not a druid stat to begin with imo (cats are about being agile above all if you wanna look at it that way, now we will like agility again thus we re-enter normality).
    /hug

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

This changes ruins bear pvp.. I like to see rogues hitting me for tiny damages while I'm CS&KS in bear.. With new patch it will be much harder to survive against rogue with -33% armor, primal tenacity nerf, -10% stamina in bear.. I don't think 'Savage defence' will help a lot in PVP..
    And Maim & FB & 'Shred glyph' nerf affects our PVP against casters...
    Yeah, they are buffing our PVE(I expect ~25% dps increase), but PVE is something I don't care...
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Blackscorpio
    What can be worse than that? :
    All our talents have been nerfed ???

Heart of the Wild: Stamina bonus changed to 2/4/6/8/10%, down from 4/8/12/16/20%.
    New Talent: Primal Gore: Grants the periodic damage from your Lacerate and Rip abilities the chance to critically hit.
    Primal Tenacity: The damage reduction while stunned effect now only works in Cat Form.
    Rend and Tear: The critical strike bonus for Ferocious Bite reduced to 5/10/15/20/25%, down from 10/20/30/40/50%.
    Survival of the Fittest: Bonus armor reduced to 11/22/33% instead of 22/44/66%.

What's gonna be the next step ? it's been almost a month that I've been looking for benefic changements and all I see every time I login are nerfs. They even nerfed the new Primal Gore talent by taking off the grant from rake (one of the most used periodic demage ability).
    Im so sick of seeing posts like this, that shows how the OP haven't bothered looking around the forum for information on this himself:

- Yes, we lost stamina. We're still over other tanks, even if we're gemmed with agility. Its not bad.
    - Primal gore is still a BUFF from what we have now. Its PTR, they are expected to be adjusted. Fact of the matter is that a feral that did 3k DPS on a target dummy went up to 5k, and thats a LOT of damage from one talent point. Removing the crit on rake is sensible, but you will still go from not having crits on bleeds to having it on rip and lacerate. Dont call it a nerf unless it is. If you can't handle seeing changes, then dont follow PTR.
    - The damage reduction when stunned was only really interesting (pve wise) on Maexxna. No tanking druid would take that anyways. You would probably still want it for cat, but while in bear you have a ton of armor to make up for it.
    - If you had R&T, and 50% crit normally, you'd be capped on FB. Losing 25% isn't going to be a massive change.
    - The armor loss from survival of the fittest have been made up by savage defense. If you get stunned in PvP, then sure, you cant get SD up, but in most cases SD is a buff, not a nerf.

Enough with these posts, guys. If you can't handle the changes, then dont follow PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Whoa whoa whoa... there were druids nearing 49k armor? I dont know about other druids, but in my usual tank gear I think I sit at like 32-33k armor on live (and about 28k on PTR), which is WAAAAAY off from the armor cap.
    i'm at 35k armor, ancestral healing takes that to 44k armor. It's not rare to be healed by a shaman or a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodin
    Spec, not class.

And ferals are insanely OP in pvp atm, you needed a nerf. I don't think this will be enough of a damage nerf now that your dots can crit for 3k but yeah, get fucked.
    sorry, but are you obviously blind?
    OP in PVP? rofl..
    ever tried to knock down a paladin oder dk? Or a nice playing frostmage? hm? (and there are a lot more of examples)
    I guess not, cause if you did, you will see that a feral is not OP..
    Thx for comment...

BB
    Phary

Quote Originally Posted by Noizia
    My reply here refers mainly to new swipe.
    Smart druids never needed that.They never asked for so stupid change.
    Several smart druids requested the change, but all learned to play with the current cleave mechanic implementation.

Feral druids were the only tank spec without 360 degree threat generation, outside of our AE taunt. No others had this limitation, and it does make a difference on anything more complicated than tanking Violet Hold.

It is not a stupid change, and does increase our viability in situations we effectively sucked at, and gives us the ability to be more efficient in areas we were solid at to begin with.

The fact is: name even a single downside to it. While it doesn't help you once the mobs are correctly positioned, it certainly makes it easier to establish initial threat on pulls, and assist in keeping it if you have to go chasing down further adds (e.g. add tanking on Sarth) while others are still up.

360° swipe is simply damn stupid bad class design. They could have given swipe a ghostbear animation that swipes backwards or some kind of secondary 360° effect like poisoning nearby enemies - cleave hitting backwards is just lame workaround bullshit.

What's gonna happen to feral druids next ?!!!! well I am gonna tell you... another big sigh at blizz...when are they gonna stop nerfing?

Rend and Tear now increases the critical strike chance of your Ferocious Bite ability on bleeding targets by 5/10/15/20/25%. (Down from 10/20/30/40/50%)

Quote Originally Posted by Remen

What's gonna happen to feral druids next ?!!!! well I am gonna tell you... another big sigh at blizz...when are they gonna stop nerfing?

Rend and Tear now increases the critical strike chance of your Ferocious Bite ability on bleeding targets by 5/10/15/20/25%. (Down from 10/20/30/40/50%)
    as a high geared feral druid, do u need over 100% crit chance on a move?

well...its not needed, tho I was just responding to the OP...he was asking what is next....I get the feeling blizzard keeps on firering @ druids...in a bad way, needed or not, its still a nerf...and thats sad

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu
    http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2609210659.jpg
    sometimes try to watch your stats in combat...not only when jumping around fountain in dalaran...
    you have shamanistic rage on you, raid or not, that buff should be taken out of consideration when talking about armor issues. Idc how constant YOUR resto shamans and holy priests are with raiding, not everybody's going to have one every time they do every boss for it to be up 100% of the time
    Signature too large...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzun
    you have shamanistic rage on you, raid or not, that buff should be taken out of consideration when talking about armor issues. Idc how constant YOUR resto shamans and holy priests are with raiding, not everybody's going to have one every time they do every boss for it to be up 100% of the time
    Almost all guilds have a priest or a shaman healing. As for the buff frequency, a single Disci priest is usually more than enough to keep up the armor buff on the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BLIZZARDLOL
    and low Feral PvP representation was acceptable since druids had a very potent PvP spec as an alternative
    Something just died in me today. Thats how blizzard thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD
    Something just died in me today. Thats how blizzard thinking.
    Did you read the full post? That's how Blizzard WAS thinking. Now...let's post the comment in its entirety.

To be clear, we used to be happy with cats doing relatively low dps and bears being inferior tanks, and low Feral PvP representation was acceptable since druids had a very potent PvP spec as an alternative. Our design has evolved for LK, and we want cats to be doing similar dps to say warriors, paladins and shamans, bears to be able to MT, and for Feral to be viable as a PvP spec.
    ZOMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!! LOOK AT THIS HALF A SENTENCE FROM AN ENTIRE BLUE POST TO PROVE IT!!! Have they reached their goal yet? no, but the fact that for the last 2 years they were fine with feral being sub par doesn't change the fact that they are no longer happy with that design and will ultimately be taking steps to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    Did you read the full post? That's how Blizzard WAS thinking. Now...let's post the comment in its entirety.
    Thank you, Captain.
    Sure they WAS. So why the hell did they made feral pvp sets and weapons if they was not going to balance the feral tree for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD
    Thank you, Captain.
    Sure they WAS. So why the hell did they made feral pvp sets and weapons if they was not going to balance the feral tree for pvp?
    Some people enjoy slamming their head into a wall. They made feral PVP sets so that those people that play how they WANT to play could still get gear. They weren't worried about min-maxing because there were still some ferals that powered their way to the top, despite resto being the far easier path.

Now your post specifically states that this is Blizzard's current mind set. When in fact, the post that you were quoting, the full post not your one sentence, was posted to state the exact opposite. You can't pull one sentence from a full quote and say "See, Blizzard doesn't care about ferals in PVP" when the one sentence you pull is describing their former mentality. Whether or not Blizzard is successful at giving ferals the tools they need to be more widely successful then they were in BC is yet to be seen, but your "the sky is falling" attitude is in NO way supported by the quote you posted, since you so generously left out the one point the blue was trying to make.

I would agree that ferals are not yet as viable as some specs...but that exact same thing can be said for more than half the current specs, and at least 2, possibly 3, other classes. There is reason to doubt Blizzard will achieve the balance they are looking for, but your post is in no way, form, or fashion a sign that Blizzard isn't going to take steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    There are some cases where the new 360 swipe will help (mostly at the beginning of a fight where you have to pick up the mobs fast), but yeah.. it won't really chance the way I play. I will still have to spin around as I want the monsters to be in front of me, not behind.

If someone had asked my opinion, I would have suggested that Swipe should be left as it is, while increasing the threat that Demoralizing Roar does (and adding a cooldown for it, naturally) so that it could be used as an opener. And I've seen several other druids suggest this solution too, too bad it never got implemented as it would have been a far more elegant solution than this new swipe.
    I couldn't agree more.

And let's be clear: the problems with Swipe are mainly centered around picking up Trash. While a Pally could drop lolsecration, a Warrior could hit T-clap or Shockwave or a OPKnight could drop D&D, we are stuck with either a craptastic Roar or a swipe that has a targeting requirement.

Simply removing the targeting requirement from Swipe would have been sufficient; it didn't need to go 360 degrees. Instead, they should have greatly boosted the TPS caused by Demo Roar, which by it's nature extends 360 degrees.