Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

BoH vs Jawbone as a Ret

Yes I know it's probably been debated a 1000+ times, but hear me out... I currently have both atm... I did a lil testing in N25... It appears I do more DPS with the Jawbone..Why? The strength.. 2.2 Ap per point of Str converted to Ap for being RET.. 10% bonus from BoK.. Another 155 str and agility from Horn of Winter... And yes I had exact same buff for both items tested.. The Jawbone actually has a higher minumal and max damage rating vs BoH when equipped..

I even did some testing on adds at The Sons of Hodir region on lvl 80 mobs, with BoM only on.. I was oneshotting mobs with the Jawbone..Never once did I with the BoH... Yes i know the BoH says it has a higher min and max damage factor on the weapon, but when both are equipped, the Jawbone actually has the higher min maxx damage factor..

Flame on if you will, but according to my tests, not only did the Jawbone out dps the BoH, it packed a helluv alot more whallop when judged...

Re: BoH vs Jawbone as a Ret

In pure judgemental damage Jewbone MAY be better, but overall Betrayer is just better.
    Stormreaver.EU

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxumus
    Yes I know it's probably been debated a 1000+ times, but hear me out... I currently have both atm... I did a lil testing in N25... It appears I do more DPS with the Jawbone..Why? The strength.. 2.2 Ap per point of Str converted to Ap for being RET.. 10% bonus from BoK.. Another 155 str and agility from Horn of Winter... And yes I had exact same buff for both items tested.. The Jawbone actually has a higher minumal and max damage rating vs BoH when equipped..

I even did some testing on adds at The Sons of Hodir region on lvl 80 mobs, with BoM only on.. I was oneshotting mobs with the Jawbone..Never once did I with the BoH... Yes i know the BoH says it has a higher min and max damage factor on the weapon, but when both are equipped, the Jawbone actually has the higher min maxx damage factor..

Flame on if you will, but according to my tests, not only did the Jawbone out dps the BoH, it packed a helluv alot more whallop when judged...
    Axe skill at 400 ?

Judgement, seal procs, DS and CS were all higher with Jawbone equipped, and yes i'm Maxxed in every two handed weapon skill...

Judgement, seal procs, DS and CS were all higher with Jawbone equipped, and yes i'm Maxxed in every two handed weapon skill...
    yeah, the reason the damage is probably higher on the paperdoll is due to how ap scales with weapon speed. however, you lose a ton of crit

I think you are just getting lucky crits with your jawbone.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

With Raid buffs I'm sitting above 40% crit with both wpns equipped... Jawbone still out performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    I think you are just getting lucky crits with your jawbone.
    Both tests done were full N25 clears, so I would think it would show its true colors in that amount of time given?

spreadsheets help
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Both tests done were full N25 clears, so I would think it would show its true colors in that amount of time given?
    no

well, you are the only person getting that result. i went up more than 400 dps when i swapped jawbone for boh.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

well, you are the only person getting that result. i went up more than 400 dps when i swapped jawbone for boh.
    I think the min /max damage on BoH is misleading due to its speed factor vs Jawbone...When both are equipped , the Jawbone has the better min/max wpn damage factor of the two.. I think that because of being Ret and with all the buffs that can impact it(Stregnth), it more than makes up for the so called dps increase of the BoH..Atleast in my tests anyways.

I think the min /max damage on BoH is misleading due to its speed factor vs Jawbone...When both are equipped , the Jawbone has the better min/max wpn damage factor of the two.. I think that because of being Ret and with all the buffs that can impact it(Stregnth), it more than makes up for the so called dps increase of the BoH..Atleast in my tests anyways.
    you can have your test results, everyone else will keep their bohs

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    you can have your test results, everyone else will keep their bohs
    As I stated earlier, I have both.

You realize that's pretty much statistically impossible, right?

People put way too much value in a slightly higher DPS weapon.

its difficult to differ between them, i would simply go with the "they are even"-option. on one hand you hit faster and almost with the same amount with boh, but on the other hand your judges will be bigger. crusaderstrike and divine storm will still be the same because they are normalized and so will be hitting harder by using boh instead of jawbone.

i myself like axes or swords much more than those hammers and will stick to my axe hehe.

AP application to Average Weapon Damage is irrelevant for anything, save auto attack, since all instants receive AP as if they were 3.3 speed attacks.

Also, what race are you?

15+ Year Old Account

please back this up with some reports about damage in numbers instead of saying one is bether than other
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by wreck27jr
    AP application to Average Weapon Damage is irrelevant for anything, save auto attack, since all instants receive AP as if they were 3.3 speed attacks.

Also, what race are you?
    Human

Human
    Your free expertise may be skewing results.