How can I do more DPS as Blood?

Hi there

I'm making this thread to have some good feedback not to feed some trolls who are waiting for a thread to flame in.
    Here's a link to my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...pear&n=Fadawah
    Unbuffed with Horn of the Winter I have:
    4426 AP
    36,99 CRIT

I want to start with saying I don't think i'm the best Death Knight in the world, i'm only trying to improve. I know Death Knights have other talent trees but that's not what this thread is about. I just want to know how I can get better DPS with this spec.

Here are some WWS
    Kel'Thuzad

I don't know if my performance is good or not, but I have a feeling I could do much better. Unfortunatly our GM forgot to start WWS at Patchwerk, so I can't provide numbers for him.

Gear
    So, as you can see my gear is very good. This is not me bragging it's simply a fact. I also have the Valorous leggings but from what I've read the leggings I'm currently wearing are better than the Valorous ones.

Gems
    Is my chose of gems good? Or should I replace the crit gems with 16 Strength gems?

Spec & Rotation
    On EJ it's been stated numerous of times that this is a very good spec
    My rotation goes as followed(I took it from Elitists Jerks)

Obliterate>Icy Touch>Plague Strike>Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Runedump
    Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Obliterate>Runedump
    Icy Touch>Plague Strike>Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Runedump
    Heart Strike>Heart Strike>Obliterate

On a target dummy my Heart Strikes crit around 4k
    My Obliterates crit around 6k if I'm lucky...
    I have no idea these are decent numbers on a target dummy, but I have a feeling that I just suck balls
    I do around 2,4k DPS on a dummy but again I don't know if this is a good number or not.

Please guys, You're not helping me by giving one-liners or just troll for the lulz. I just want some feedback on my gear, rotation, ...

Thanks a lot

Re: How can I do more DPS as Blood?

I think the Bracers of Unrelenting Attack would help your dps and also i agree with switching crit gems for str gems

Also have you tried the Diseaseless rotation with your gear
    OBx2 HSx2 dump
    HSx6

trinkets do you have bandit insignia?

Hello - I also , am no Deathknight expert , but i would like to try and help - Firstly , I do about 2.4k dps on target dummies over the course of 3 mins ( stopwatch on the actual game is used to time it) - my gear is in no way as good as yours (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rom&n=Smitwero) But i manged to pull off the same level of dps as you

Firstly , i would recomend you try the 51/13/7 Spec instead - The 100% chance to not remove your dots with Oblitirate is very important i find to keeping a good dps going as you do not have to re-apply them as often

i would recomend using your valorus legs if possible , the 4 peice set bonus is pretty good - espically the rotation i use -

Icy touch , Plauge strike , Obilitirate , Death coil , heart strike , heart strike , oblitirate , icy touch . plauge strike - 2x deathcoil - When ever around 90 - 100 runic power i swich to 2x death coil then swap to the usual rotation - I try to ensure that icy touch and plauge strike dots are up as often as possible - normally only allowing 5 seconds or so without them up

Like i said im not a pro dk by any means of the imagination i often do finish top on dmg meters in 5 mans against similiar gear standerd players , This is just my way of playing

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    I think the Bracers of Unrelenting Attack would help your dps and also i agree with switching crit gems for str gems

Also have you tried the Diseaseless rotation with your gear
    OBx2 HSx2 dump
    HSx6

trinkets do you have bandit insignia?
    Thanks for your comment!
    I've tried it on a dummy(which I know isn't a good representation of my raid capabilities), but with Diseaseless I only did like 2,1k AP. I could be unlucky ofcourse.

Bandit Insignia hasn't dropped yet and should I replace Mirror of Truth with this trinket?
    Same for Bracers of Unrelenting Attack, they haven't dropped either.

Cheers

Hrm. I'll say off the top that 3400 on KT doesn't suck as melee. WWS isn't showing any Mind Freeze casts but that may be a reporting problem, but honestly there's too much variation as melee on KT as a melee: did you get shadow fissured repeatedly (it happens), did you get hit with a frost tomb, did you get MC'd, was KT moving from tank re-adjustments and / or threat drops... it's one of the worst fights for RNG melee penalties honestly.

Your gear is mostly fine, sloppy enchant on the Chest and definitely swap out that Crit Strike Dragon Eye for the +27 strength one instead. Minor details that can be fixed with a day of effort and minimal time and gold investment. Hodir, Hodir, Hodir! Get to those dailies .

From my own testing Diseaseless blows the doors off any disease-based rotation. It also scales better with raid buffs in my experience, but I have somewhat better gear and Awareness and my 2xOB, 2xHS rotation does very well as a result.

The leg choice is fine, and while I haven't had them drop I suspect it obviates the 4 pc bonus since death coil is last on my priority list for strikes, if my rotation overcaps RP so be it. That said, you should test both.

Bracers can be upgraded, starter sigil (though w/o Awareness this is the one that you should be using), Mirror isn't a great choice (Fury, Greatness, Bandits, Loethebs, other?) but luck of the drops trumps all. It took me 2.5 months for Betrayer to finally drop for me. Helm from Sarth 3D is also best in slot, if you don't have the 4 pc bonus, drop the helm for it to keep the 2 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum
    Hrm. I'll say off the top that 3400 on KT doesn't suck as melee. WWS isn't showing any Mind Freeze casts but that may be a reporting problem, but honestly there's too much variation as melee on KT as a melee: did you get shadow fissured repeatedly (it happens), did you get hit with a frost tomb, did you get MC'd, was KT moving from tank re-adjustments and / or threat drops... it's one of the worst fights for RNG melee penalties honestly.

Your gear is mostly fine, sloppy enchant on the Chest and definitely swap out that Crit Strike Dragon Eye for the +27 strength one instead. Minor details that can be fixed with a day of effort and minimal time and gold investment. Hodir, Hodir, Hodir! Get to those dailies .

From my own testing Diseaseless blows the doors off any disease-based rotation. It also scales better with raid buffs in my experience, but I have somewhat better gear and Awareness and my 2xOB, 2xHS rotation does very well as a result.

The leg choice is fine, and while I haven't had them drop I suspect it obviates the 4 pc bonus since death coil is last on my priority list for strikes, if my rotation overcaps RP so be it. That said, you should test both.

Bracers can be upgraded, starter sigil (though w/o Awareness this is the one that you should be using), Mirror isn't a great choice (Fury, Greatness, Bandits, Loethebs, other?) but luck of the drops trumps all. It took me 2.5 months for Betrayer to finally drop for me. Helm from Sarth 3D is also best in slot, if you don't have the 4 pc bonus, drop the helm for it to keep the 2 piece.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback(and the other people aswel)
    I replaced the Crit gems with a Strength gem.
    If I replace my T7 head with the Sartharion one, I will lose a lot of hitrating. Does this mean I should get the Maexna chest instead of my current one?

Is diseaseless viable w/o Sigil of Awareness?

Look up my spec and my gear, I would like to think my gear is near perfect and the blood rotation is just a joke. I use Oblitx2, HSx2 DCx2, rinse and repeat. I top charts in my raid easily. Look up my guild on wowmeteronline.com, search up time for fun and check out some of our fights.

Alright.. I've done a lottt of testing with specs for every DK tree, as well as stat/glyph/weapon/presence combos.

I'm not sure what glyphs you are using or what presence you're in, etc, but this is what my testing has shown.

Glyphs: At the moment you will want to use Glyph of Obliterate/Glyph of the Ghoul/Glyph of whatever. Currently, there isn't a very good selection of blood glyphs to fill that last spot. In 3.1, that last glyph will be for 15% increased death coil damage.

Gems: You definitely do not need crit gems for any DK spec. Fill all of those slots with STR if possible.

Other stat thoughts: To me, it seems like your hit is slightly low. I say this because death coils are a large part of blood damage in between rune cooldowns. As it stands now, there are a lot of free death coil procs (remember 100% crit on these), most of the time more than you can actually get off. In 3.1, these death coil procs are going to automatically shoot when you do heart strikes (with the possibility of shooting 2 at once if hitting 2 targets with Heart Strike). You will definitely want to get to around 364 hit. With 3% spell hit from the unholy tree on top of (most likely) 3% hit from raid buffs (shadow priest/boomkin), this will ensure that you never miss these crit-coils. BUT.. this does not mean that you need to socket your equipment with hit gems. Just pick up 2 or 3 pieces of equipment with high Hit Rating and you should be good.

Presence: Blood DK's generate a lot of RP as it stands currently, and most of the time you have more than you think because of Sudden Doom procs. The only way to successfully dump all of your procs and remaining RP is to use Unholy Presence. This will ensure that you use every single GCD as well as every possible death coil. I know that Unholy Presence is not that big with most people, but the fact that you can fit in many more Sudden Doom procs makes up for that 15% damage that you're losing from blood presence. This won't be the case in 3.1, since you won't be required to use a GCD on Sudden Doom, but for now, it's the only way to fit everything in. From my testing, at least on single target, Unholy Presence will let you put out more DPS.

As for rotation:

Currently, a diseaseless rotation does more damage. The damage output of a plague strike/icy touch + the disease ticks just doesn't compare to the extra damage you could be bringing in with a crit obliterate (also, you will generate more death runes using an extra oblit; this means more Heart Strikes). The extra damage on obliterate and heart strike from having diseases on the target would be nice, but once again it does not compare to the damage of just throwing out another oblit/heart strike.. especially in the case that you proc Sudden Doom.

Rotation should be: Obliterate x 2, HS x 2, RP Dump
    HS x 6, RP Dump.

Once again, try out this rotation in unholy presence to maximize the amount of RP you can dump. Without it, you'll most likely always be close to full RP, and if not.. you're probably missing out on some rune cooldowns.

Hope this helps! Worked out pretty well from my testing. If you don't see the results you want, just wait until 3.1 in a few weeks.
    On the PTR, using this rotation in blood presence (gogo automatic sudden doom procs!) i was pulling around 2,950 DPS on the raid dummy without using any cooldowns (this was also using Clad-Skull Cleaver). Just straight up ghoul and attack rotation.