Poll: Do you like DK in 3.1?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Do you like DK in 3.1?

I started to play DK 5 days after WOTLK shipped.
    Got best possible gear for DK in different variations (for two handler, DW, and different trees).
    I was topest guild dps since January. And the only DK among top 5 dps players and we have a lot of DKs in guild.
    I was top dps as blood, as frost (my favourite), as unholy and as frost/unholy DW spec.
    I say it just only you know I know class little bit.

I don't like changes in 3.1. I don't like idea moving Howling Blast to bottom of tree. It was really fun spell and what we got instead? Obliterate? Thanks, I played warrior 2 years before, what is difference? It was fun to have a choice to make your DK more melee or more spells oriented. When Blizz are moving important abilities to bottom of trees (and HB will be even more important) - they want less possible builds in game. It is easier to maintain when there are only 1 good build for class. Less work to do. But sorry, it was big part of game for me to play with builds and to be different (yeah 90% pvp holy paladins have same spec, yeah 90% dps warriors have same spec - how fun).

So do you like DK changes in 3.1? if yes, then why?

Obliterate is not so fun to play as HB (at least for me). I want my choice back.

Also I don't like any other changes they are making for dk in 3.1. Buffing, nerfing, buffing, nerfing. Boring and stupid.

Re: Do you like DK in 3.1?

i answer no .

i'm tanking as frost and dpsing as blood .

As a tank what i loved with my dk is that there is pretty much no dead time . i've to watch my cd , my rune , my proc , my rotation and it's really fun ! i need to be always under a cd (i've 2 trinket /w activation things the parry one a nd the dodge on) i needed to check for rime proc to stick to my rotation ttake care of the fight particularity on the top of that .

after the patch i'm loosing pretty much all my cds , UBA is gonna be a total crap on 2 min cd. My hight avoidance is really nerf : i understand that it's too hight right no but i hate the BB change . Lichborn will be a pvp talent but i see that as our only real oh shit button meaning really good button to push but not spammable . i wouldn't mind if they just make the cd 5 min instaed of 3 .

as a dps the change from oblit to ds is really nice it stick more to the rp of the tree but i dont want my dps to go down . i'm running as a 51/13/7 . i understand the fact that we should play with diseases that's fine for me but messing more and more with our burst because of pvp is just really pissing me of . i don't like the change to DRW i prefer big nice dps ability that u can use once or twice a fight and that help you a lot instead of using it on every fight asap :-[

personally for the most part i love the changes in 3.1. i am a unholy dps dk. i love gthe fact taht yes they are switching unholy blight and gargolye but due to that fact they are unnerfing gargolye and buffing it a bit cause of it.

also they are removing blood boil from that talent and putting in increased damage to scourage strike instead. they are also fixing ebon plaguebringer so that mulitple unholy dks can apply it without another unholy dk overwriting anothers.

the only thing i hate is that they are removing shadow of death and replacing it with a pos talent(ghoul frenzy). way i see it if i use ghoul frenzy it gonna screw up my rotation making it pretty worthless imho only way i can see it being worthless is if it cost runic power instead of a unholy rune.

Not sure but i like the way they are moving virulence and morbidity places cause pre 3.1 i had to put points into morbidity to go down the the talent tree which i hated.

I would say yes and no to this question. I am a Unholy DPS and I never really planned on changing because I love the spec. They are fixing alot with the unholy tree and making it scale better, which is great and needed. I also like the change with unholy blight and gargoyle. I do miss Shadow of Death, but I can see the need, since in my experience it was pretty OP in PvP.

The thing I dont like is that blizzard is changing the DK class to be basically a cookie cutter class just like every other one in the game. The thing i loved about the DK is that there were so many ways to play it and get basically the same effect. You could dps blood, frost, or unholy and do good dps. One may be more dps than the others by a small margine but it was made up for with the utility of them.

I also hate the change of the tanking abilities. I totally agree with Alandris, when tanking i loved how I was basically doing something at all times. Chaining CD's and really working to get as much mitigation as possible throughout a fight.

Of course. It's an awesome class no matter how nerfed we get.

I wish they would make up their mind on blood though. Seems like it's going to be one of those things where I pick my spec after reading the actual patch notes, instead of preparing in advance a little.

apparently blood could suck some serious dick, and that's not too cool. might have to go frost. i can't switch mains...my DK is too well geared and i'd have to start over in some shit-guild with my shaman or reroll another alt

i think it could end up turning out OK... changes arent final yet.

the hero class is looking below average in some specs
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

I've tried several specs on the ptr, its not too bad.
    Dk's may be a hero class, but that does not mean they're supposed to be better at dps, or tanking, or anything than every other class. That is a true misinterpretation of the meaning of hero class. Hero class just means it starts later in levels and gets dredged in blues. Thinking for one second that because its a hero class its supposed to be imbalanced is only going to let you down when you get toned back to the damage ouput/tanking ability of the others you share the game with... be prepared to share dps charts with druids/wars/pallys and to have certain tanking abilities cut down because they were just too good.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

I really don't like the changes at all. Originally when they let us have a pet for all 3 specs that looked fun, but I knew it wasn't going to last. Like you, I like to try out different specs often and like you I've been top dps in my guild regardless of which spec I take, but looks like in 3.1 they are making it impossible for any DK to want to be blood specced.

I wish they would just leave things the way they are. It seems we are getting a huge PVE nerf bat because of the dreaded Arena again (which IMO has ruined WoW).