3.1: Blood DPS - those last few points?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9733

This is the cookie-cutter build that has been flying around for Blood DPS since all the 3.1 changes. However, a few questions to ponder, or directed towards people that have done the math and/or tested it on PTRs (haven't had time myself lately).

1. With the new Sudden Doom, would taking the 3 points in Ravenous Dead and sliding them over to Morbidity be better or worse. 15% on each Death Coil is a pretty good amount, but 3% strength just FEELS like such a lower number when it's really a significant amount. Compare these two talents in the long run.

2. People have been considering now (with 9733) putting the 2 in RPM into NotD. Personally, if you're looking SOLELY at DRW, I have a feeling that NotD is a bigger upgrade because of significantly more Ghoul uptime versus a few more seconds of DRW every pop. However, DRW is also on shorter cooldown now too, so not sure. Compare THESE two talents.

3. The third glyph. Obviously IMO, with the state it's at now, DRW and DS are two must haves. However for the third, which do you think is the best? Ghoul (probably taking NotD)? Dark Death (15% DC damage) with Sudden Doom? What about Glyph of Disease, I haven't heard ANY talk about this new glyph but it seems to me like saving a Rune in each rotation (Pest instead of IT+PS..) and then HS'ing could be worth looking at? Pest might not do damage anymore (it was trivial anyway) but it'd basically be comparing the damage of one full extra HS every rotation to the damage of IT+PS.

Just some stuff floating around in my head. At work so no time to test currently, but if anyone wants to contribute/crunch the numbers I think it's stuff worth looking at

Re: 3.1: Blood DPS - those last few points?

Personally ive been thinking this to, so i did some digging on the EJ forums, and alot of players aren't even taking DRW atm, it IS bugged atm (Unsure if this is fixed yet), so wether its any better on live is yet to be seen, but alot of players are dropping the point in DRW, droping another in Epidemic (making the rotation tight) and putting them in NOTD.

With the DS nerf, i think the extra RP is needed, to help it keep up with Obliterate, if your not to bothered about Rune power + Ghoul, consider taking the 3 points from drw/rpm and put them into morbidity, i can see the points in NOTD (90 second ghoul + AOE avoidance) being very good for boss dps, but at the same time, combing morb with the Dark death glyph will make DC hit alot harder, as its auto proccing and we're RP dumping with it to.

As for glyphs, if DRW stays in its pitiful state, compared to NOTD ghoul, its NOT worth taking, specially as you have to invest 3 talents + 1 glyph, where as for the ghoul its 2 talents + 1 glyph lasts longer and will output far more than 8k-10k (drw average Damage done on PTR atm) damage in its life 2 min life time, so i would take the Dark Death glyph DS glyph and the Disease glyphs.

I dont think alot of people are discussing the disease glyph to much, it depends on your build but, as a bloodknight i think its extremely usefull +1 Deathstrike every rotation at the cost of 1 blood rune, although for UH i think its more Disease vs SS glyph, and being as SS does DES now to..

There is some numbers floating round in the EJ blood discussion thread, but im telling you until live blood is looking 50/50...

EJ Blood DPS discussion thread : http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t38659-b...stery_mp3/p78/

I guess we'll just have to wait. I personally think that Glyph of Disease is great to try and work into a rotation, for a single button instant disease refresh and more open rune spots (also, loosens up rotation a bit? Maybe that dropped point in Epidemic would work well with this)

Does Glyph of Ghoul not apply to non-permaghouls? Or would it still work with regular old Raise Dead (you said glyphs: DS, Dark Death, and Disease.

Sad to hear about the terrible state of DRW, I didn't realize it got THAT bad. You're probably right that the DRW+2 RPM could be put to much better use, such as Morb. To me, combining the new Sudden Doom with both Morb and the DC glyph could be a very significant passive DPS increase.

We'll probably have to wait til live and just see how it goes, but I like keeping up hehe

no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

As far as I know, 51-13-7 is still outdated, even with the death of diseaseless. Using OB in rotations just doesn't make up for Necrosis and BCB from Unholy. At least to my knowledge.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...5&version=9733

This is probably the better build right here. Maximizing your runic power dumps is the key. Black Ice + Morbidity + Dark Death Glyph = good game.

i think that this would work out well. if ur going dps there really is no need for self healers/healing buffs other than blood presence such as vendetta or vampiric blood. the blood worms is a nice little quip though.also dont worry about the ghouls so much. only get the ghoul glyphs and talents if you are going to get the ghoul as a pet. but hey thats just imo. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...4&version=9733

Let me know