Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warlock DPS Spec and Rotation atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow
    Seeing as I mainly PvP on this lock, I reserve myself from any errors...

But you want all the cream that sounds good in the affliction tree aswell as going down to Ruin in Destruction.

Your rotation would be like:

Haunt > UA > Immolate > CoA > Corr > SL > Fill with Shadowbolts; then re-apply every DoT as fast as you can when they expire.
    Make sure to use UA and Immolate together all the time, as they have the same cast time and DoT -time, they work like 1 spell put together.

Someone a little cooler may add more...
    I thought you can't use Immolate with Haunt in 3.1?

You can use haunt with immolate though i prefer to use haunt this way.

Haunt, sl, coa, cor, ua, imo, inc, ds

If you got a high enough amount of mana it pretty much almost almost always shreds through things in a matter of seconds even elites. Combine it with a regular usage of life tap and its pretty much possible to spend a good couple hours doing endless grinds without need for any kind food, drinks, or even pots.

In 3.1: Unstable Affliction and Immolation are now in the same exclusive category (both damage- over- time effects cannot be present at the same time by the same caster on a target).

Taken from: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I wouldn't put immolate in my affliction rotation to begin with because I would much rather not have to waste that cast time when I could be spamming shadow bolts but then again that was the old school way of playing and I'm glad that this patch will attempt to get back to that.
    If you seriously don't use it NOW, then you just simply FAIL. Check your Recount with Immo in it and see how much DMG it does ...
    Plus: Can't see the hard part in maintaining 2 Dots up that have the same duration (UA & Immo).

PTR specs are close enough right now that you may just want to play what you want to play.
    Personally find DG distasteful.. A cooldown pet? Just weird. I'll probably go destro, since it appeals to me more.

Most of the specs are pretty close in difficulty, though I think the hybrids demo-destro are a bit simpler. Affi is being completely gutted with this patch and will be a real delight to keep up, which is nice, since it's a pain to have to maintain it during progression work.

On live, affi is top, no question. Takes time to get used to for most people, but it pays off.

15+ Year Old Account

I wish they made the Doomguard a regular Pet-Summon (same CD as other would be OP) but without the necessity of 4 people aiding yout o summon it. It sucks to depend on 4 people only to summon a pet an now every 30mins? C'mon bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphogerbil

4.If your'e not gonna be affliction just roll a mage
    These kinds of comments irritate me so much. So Affliction is the only spec a lock can play now?

Seriously....

What happened to having your own play style and playing the game the way YOU want to?

I've played almost every single spec and they have their own good things going for them. Atm I'm happy with raiding as Meta/Ruin. Pushing good numbers, but everyone always says the same thing.... If you're going for BIG numbers on recount, go Affliction and master your rotation.

I still outdo the other locks in my guild (who are all Aff) though. *shrug*

LOL @ immolate in aff rotation and coa in destro rotation.

10+ Year Old Account

Idd O.o

Affliction is the spec proven to push the best numbers at the moment. Ofc theres certain fights where destro still scales really well. At least for me, i have noticed Destro still owns Affli on Hodir.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelenny
    LOL @ not noticing this thread was created in MARCH! At one point you used CoA as destro for MC procs (because MC was still in the destro tree), and affliction locks had to keep up immolate.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy
    LOL @ not noticing this thread was created in MARCH! At one point you used CoA as destro for MC procs (because MC was still in the destro tree), and affliction locks had to keep up immolate.
    Lewlz.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelenny