Maybe a DW 3.1 spec?

ok i dont got the best of DW gear and i have been trying this spec that i made up and their a few thing that could be changed like maybe a point here insted of their etc.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...4&version=9733

i was doing PS-IT-BSx2-SS-UB..... PS-ITx4-DCx2.... i was doing that rotation over and over and it seemed to be ok i was in unholy P so you gotta wait a sec or 2 inbetween rotations so you can spam the rotaion. or do blood P and go for it. but i figured with better gear and like 2 LL's moer hit more crit and more atkP it should be an ok build for DW i dunno how it would aoe with no HB but i havent tried that only boss target dummy. tell me what you guys think.

Re: Maybe a DW 3.1 spec?

That's not a dw build. That's an unholy build and not a very good one either I'm afraid. You'd probably do more damage if you went with the same specc and used a 2H weapon.

without "Improved Icy Talons", youd dont have to specc "Icy Talons", you will get the 20% Haste-Buff from other Frost-DKs or an Melee-Shaman.

on elitistjerks.com there are a many DW-Specc, which use Death and Decay in their Rotation and that is a sign for me that DW dies

My english is not pretty well (Austria) :P

Mewk - Zuluhed

This is the DW unholy build we have been pushing on the 3.1 PTR so far (that is looking to be, on the boss dummies only about 100-200 dps behind, scaling is very different on bosses so who knows where it stands):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...5&version=9733

Slow/fast with CG/FC. Since CG is now PPM, it will work better with a slow MH since haste will push the procs higher, not to mention you use SS in this build. That being said, it works very nice with high haste values for this reason and that it will push out IT, DC and UB faster (GCD wise).

Blood presence. Priority to scourge strike, keep diseases up and UB, DC dump. SS actually hits pretty hard for a weapon based ability, since it has been changed to do less damage based on weapon damage and more on diseases/shadow. In my current gear (some BiS, 260 haste, 1250 strength or so) SS crits average 7000, maxing at about 8300.

The advantages to this build are quite numerous:
    -Hard hitting ghoul with max survivability
    -Shadow buffing to the max by going into the frost tree for +10% shadow, as well as the ability to use CG
    -the three main DW advantage talents in necrosis (though a bit nerfed in the latest build), BCB and NoCS
    -all the normal unholy advantages

The disadvantages:
    -Movement limited (desecration) for maximum dps
    -Inability (due to bloated tree) to pick up improved unholy presence (likely will need to put run speed on boots or have your 2nd spec one that trades points in desecration for epidemic and imp. UP)
    -Reliant on someone else in your raid providing Icy Talons

Otherwise it is looking to be a pretty solid build that may be able to compete. Looking forward to testing this is some raids.

It is a fallacy to say a DW build won't work because it is based on weapon strikes only. It is everything in the build together which makes it better or not. In this case, the fact that you hit slightly less with SS is made up for by other talents which favor DW.

edit: as the above posters said, taking points in Icy Talons without the last point is pointless since it will be overridden (and thus you waste 5 points). Additionally in the next PTR build NotD is a requirement for MoG.

i tried this spec out
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9733
    with cinder glacier on main slow weapon and razor ice on off hand,fast weapon.
    seemed to do more dps in unholy precence.
    anyone else fancy trying it and getting back to us.