Quote Originally Posted by cavalier
When did I talk about realism? We were talking about game design. You said it was faulty, I disagree, for where they want hunters to be, the traps seem to fit. What doesn't make sense is "Oh! Big ?? Boss! I'm going to launch my trap at it" What? How does that even make sense in game design? Next you'll want to shoot magic laser arrows from your cannon of infinite arrows (cough ok so that was a cool legendary bow..)
Unfortunatly your wrong, and thats not where they want hunter to be. Hence we get Trap Laucher, which is currently under development. You keep talking about PVE, im talking about PVP. Every ranged class has a ranged CC superior then that of a Hunters (after 3.1 at least). Why would shooting a trap make less sense then spamming sheep, casting fears, etc etc.

What doesnt make sense is the fact that Hunters have the need to be at a sertain range from a target to deal dmg, but yet has to put himself in a vulnerable position (melee) to place a trap. For your info, traps arent only to kite players to gain range, its also the biggest source of dmg increase for survival specced Hunters.
How many DPS classes have to put themselves in harms way to increase their dmg? Trap Launcher will help out Hunters (especially PVP) and is very much needed after the nerfs to stuns,roots and wyvern stings in 3.1.