Rend and Tear nerf?

'Rend and Tear: The critical strike bonus for Ferocious Bite reduced to 5/10/15/20/25%, down from 10/20/30/40/50%'

I was looking at this thinking, isnt there a crit cap of 75%? (i may be wrong but im assuming im not)

so if you have 50% crit chance (all feral dps does) then this in no way affects us at all right?

or was it giveing you an extra 50% of 50% which is 50%+25% = 75%

so now its 50%+12.5% = 62.5%? = S anyways was ust hoping some one could clear this up thanks yous

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rend and Tear nerf?

If you have 50% crit your FB always crits against bleeding... With new patch they attempt to nerf our PVP burst decreasing it's chance by 25%.. (I think no one uses FB on boss fight, that's why this change does not involve PVE)
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

There is only a crit cap with white attacks against higher leveled mobs, because of glancing blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    I was looking at this thinking, isnt there a crit cap of 75%? (i may be wrong but im assuming im not)
    assuming wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 4yBaK
    (I think no one uses FB on boss fight, that's why this change does not involve PVE)
    With the changes in 3.1 we will be using FB on bosses when we can. It won't be a lot but it will happen.

I assume these changes also come in because every feral and their mom has 50% crit chance and they still want us to value crit as a valuable stat for all attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by 4yBaK
    If you have 50% crit your FB always crits against bleeding... With new patch they attempt to nerf our PVP burst decreasing it's chance by 25%.. (I think no one uses FB on boss fight, that's why this change does not involve PVE)

I'd disagree with this, feral dps is sort of a guessing game at points. 7 seconds left on rip + 13 or more seconds left on SR = FB. Being able to calculate all of this in your head in a timely manner is sort of the fall of most cat dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Danthegreat1

I'd disagree with this, feral dps is sort of a guessing game at points. 7 seconds left on rip + 13 or more seconds left on SR = FB. Being able to calculate all of this in your head in a timely manner is sort of the fall of most cat dps.
    also if theres less than 20 secs of a fight why bother with rip? if it dosent run its full corse its not better than FB.

thx for clearing this up guys also, so now FB will only crit 75% of the time not 100% thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    'Rend and Tear: The critical strike bonus for Ferocious Bite reduced to 5/10/15/20/25%, down from 10/20/30/40/50%'

so if you have 50% crit chance (all feral dps does) then this in no way affects us at all right?

or was it giveing you an extra 50% of 50% which is 50%+25% = 75%

so now its 50%+12.5% = 62.5%? = S anyways was ust hoping some one could clear this up thanks yous
    75% crit is cap for white damage, not special.