15+ Year Old Account

[Suggestion] Imp. Psychic Scream

Maybe someone could also kindly post this on the US PTR forums? I only could do it on the EU ones.

4 seconds less CD on fear is, while nice in pvp, not a lot for 2 talent points, and completely useless in pve. Therefore noone has silence in pve (which would be nice in heroics for example).

Why not make the improved psychic scream talent something like:

Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream, Dispersion, Mind Blast and Devouring Plague spells by 7% / 14% / 20%.

3 ranks to mirror the similar mage talent.

This would bring the cooldowns to:

Psychic Scream: 24 Seconds (-2 seconds compared to what the talent now does)
    Dispersion: 2:24 Minutes
    Mindblast: 6,4 Seconds (with imp. MB down to 4,9s then)
    Devouring Plague: 19,2 Seconds

--

This would make the talent attractive to PVE builds while also giving a slight buff to pvp. Dispersion glyph could be changed to giving something like HP reg then maybe

And of course one of the 4 skills could be changed to Psychic Horror, but I recon when they just upped the cd by a minute they won't go down 20% with it. Or maybe, pwetty please? :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: [Suggestion] Imp. Psychic Scream

you have my approval

although 2:24 minutes dispersion coupled with 45 second glyph = 1:39 minute dispersion <--really great for pvp, I'm sure it will levitate dispersion to op status, with blizzard sensitivity anyway.

similar talent exist for the discipline tree - aspiration, but it is very deep in the discipline tree, but just by comparison, the likelihood for blizzard to consider your idea is..I honestly don't know

it is unfortunate that I run out of subscription two weeks ago, I would otherwise seriously help you spam the US forums though.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Deleted

Yes, the talent really needs something new, because Psychic Scream itself is starting to be a real joke.

"The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced."

Wow, I didn't know if it was even possible the make PS worse, but blizz has done it again...
    So now PS won't stick on target and PH is on 2min cd. There's some serious chain cc for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    Yes, the talent really needs something new, because Psychic Scream itself is starting to be a real joke.

"The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced."

Wow, I didn't know if it was even possible the make PS worse, but blizz has done it again...
    So now PS won't stick on target and PH is on 2min cd. There's some serious chain cc for you.
    When did they implement the breaking of Psychic Scream when they take damage?

I like the change suggested to the Improved Psychic Scream talent, but I doubt they would include Mind Blast simply because it already has a talent for reducing the cooldown in the tree as it is.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If that talent existed it would be completely OP... the dps gain benefits from reduced MB already has it over budget, let alone what else is packaged with it.

They could replace the Mind Blast part of the talent with a reduction in the cooldown in Silence.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The shadow tree I already too bloated TBH for pve in 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfox
    The shadow tree I already too bloated TBH for pve in 3.1
    QFT

They should free atleast 2 talents. Possibly up to 5 would be nice...

Deleted

perhaps making improved minbblast 3-point talent

I think silence should swap places with Improved Psychic Scream but only silence for 2 seconds. Then in the current location of silence they would put a new talent "Dark Control" which for two points would reduce cooldown of fear by 3/6 seconds (Up from 2/4), and improve duration of silence 1.5/3 seconds.

This could give a potential reason for disc (or maybe even holy) to go into shadow for a 2 second silence that would not be very OP but offer a long CD interrupt when needed.

I still think that the old Psychic horror effect is needed, and maybe the proposed "Dark Control" talent could be another place to bring it back in. Maybe make it last 4 seconds instead of 6 since it'd be higher in the tree.

We'll see how those 3.1 change work though. At present I tried shadow in 3s last night for the first time (Been doing Disc in 2s thus far) and survivability was amazingly terrible at 946 Resilience 21k HP unbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominada
    I think silence should swap places with Improved Psychic Scream but only silence for 2 seconds. Then in the current location of silence they would put a new talent "Dark Control" which for two points would reduce cooldown of fear by 3/6 seconds (Up from 2/4), and improve duration of silence 1.5/3 seconds.

This could give a potential reason for disc (or maybe even holy) to go into shadow for a 2 second silence that would not be very OP but offer a long CD interrupt when needed.

I still think that the old Psychic horror effect is needed, and maybe the proposed "Dark Control" talent could be another place to bring it back in. Maybe make it last 4 seconds instead of 6 since it'd be higher in the tree.

We'll see how those 3.1 change work though. At present I tried shadow in 3s last night for the first time (Been doing Disc in 2s thus far) and survivability was amazingly terrible at 946 Resilience 21k HP unbuffed.
    Or a better idea. Let silence be an interrupt in PvE as well. :O
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I honestly love this idea! Silence is a vital spell to the shadow tree yet is hardly used in pve or pvp("you cannot do that while you are dead") I think this would be an amazing improvement, considering many of the old pve-only or pvp-only talents of other classes have been altered.

Make the talent increase the damage treshold. As well as reducing the cooldown by 10 seconds(total).