Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Spriests OP against rogues?

Just read the blues and what it says about nerfing the fears:

"We don't like how much damage dots can do while a target is feared. It prevents us from being able to balance fear as needed as a defensive ability and it keeps us from being able to adjust locks or priests in other ways. We're trying to move PvP more into a place where you do X and someone counters with Y, and the "dot and fear" strategy just seemed too simple yet effective. Honestly, if the classes with fears didn't also have strong dots, it probably would not have been as much of a problem.

We don't think stuns needs a major change at this time. We dropped rogue PvP effectiveness in other ways, as I am sure they will be more than happy to explain to you. If we decide to make stuns break on damage right away then we would need to coordinate that with changes to rogue survivability. They are a melee class balanced around not taking much melee damage (because the target can't fight back). Locks and priests are by and large ranged classes."

Is this why they nerfed the cooldown on PH as well? I guess rogues are the only melee class that would be most hurt by the disarm thingie. But are all these nerfs really made just because they might think priests will own the rogues? What do you think, would we have owned them completely without the nerfs or would we stand a 50/50 chance or would they still own the hell out of us? I could think that without the nerfs it would be closer to a 50/50 chance instead of priest being overpowered.
    However, there are also more melee classes than rogues and more of them (and also these huntards) why should we become weaker against them just to please the rogues?
    What do you think?

Re: Spriests OP against rogues?

I think... that rogues (amongst other physical classes) are over represented in PvP (I'm not talking about the "uber" tourney ladders, just overall general playership). Why piss off a large portion of your PvP base when you don't have to?

Not that I agree by any means, but I've given the college try to PvP in arenas, and I found it most unwelcome for priests. It seems like this nerf is more aimed at locks, with the casualty being, yet again, priests.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    I think... that rogues (amongst other physical classes) are over represented in PvP (I'm not talking about the "uber" tourney ladders, just overall general playership). Why not piss off a large portion of your PvP base when you don't have to?

Not that I agree by any means, but I've given the college try to PvP in arenas, and I found it most unwelcome for priests. It seems like this nerf is more aimed at locks, with the casualty being, yet again, priests.
    I have a feeling that Blizzard feels like if they can put shadow priests in their proper place that the fear dot combo would be just as strong as locks'. I think they just fail to realize that they've yet to give us the required buffs to do this.

Deleted

The thing is, this fear nerf was ment to be for locks, but they thought * Hey we will nerf priest fear to*.
    Now iv been feared by a lock, and went from 25K hp - 0 in 1 fear with so many Dots on me it was nearly onto 3 lines of debuffs. And of course with unstable afflction, i cant do a thing about it. Which btw HITS for 10k when dispeled + 3 seconds silence lol. ( if only priest VT worked that way, which BTW it should )

But once again, they nerf priests due to another class being OP .
    ( Rememeber the shadow weaveing nerf last year, the reason was * Warlocks do to much DPS with the SP talent on a boss* lol.. )

Just a note to, iv been crit for 6300 eviscerate with 910 ressillince.. that is nearly a 10k crit before ressillince reductions apply.. and blizzard think that a 5 seconds disarm was OP... rofl.

Deleted

If only locks did too much damage during fears then the change will hardly affect priests at all. Also you can shut up about arena if you suck or haven't played it. Rogues and warriors are the calsses with most pvp problems for top arena atm, so they're hardly overrepresented. Even in tbc a good shadow priest was hard to 1v1 as a rogue, it was just that those good ones were damn rare.

Just a note to, iv been crit for 6300 eviscerate with 910 ressillince.. that is nearly a 10k crit before ressillince reductions apply.. and blizzard think that a 5 seconds disarm was OP... rofl.
    [/quote]

Chillstream i know some ppl like to eat shit,but you eat the most.Your character is lvl 75 and cant have 910 resil,first of all.2nd rogues are ment to kill holy and shadow priests,and most of the cloth users.3rd rogues can't kill 1v1 disc priests,or can noob ones.I play hunter , resto druid , disc priest.

Deleted

That isnt my main character dumbass lol.

Hunter here, i had 22k hp (still had raid buffs on me).

I started herbing some fireleaf for flasks, spriest comes down, fears me away from the herb. I regained control over my character when i had 3k hp left and died 2 seconds later. Still managed to get him half health because i was able to pull out 2 or 3 shots. But still .. losing 19k health in 1 fear? That's just too much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by superbotje

I started herbing some fireleaf for flasks, spriest comes down, fears me away from the herb. I regained control over my character when i had 3k hp left and died 2 seconds later. Still managed to get him half health because i was able to pull out 2 or 3 shots. But still .. losing 19k health in 1 fear? That's just too much imo.
    I wonder what's too much, taking someone down to 50% health in 3 shots(3-4.5seconds), or down to 15%(ish) in 8 seconds?

I think our huntard here just proved why we call them huntards.

a) resilience
    b) pvp trinket

if you don't have a lot of a), or b): any feelings or experiences regarding pvp is generally meaningless.

I was playing on a season 2/3 geared warlock (just dinged 80) and beat a full tier 7.5 hunter. Used fear and dots, nothing special. It's not overpowered, he had 0 resilience, no pvp trinket to break fear, and generally no skills.

Wow... that was one lucky shadowpriest... I've never been able to pull out 19k in one fear... It either breaks too early or is trinketed...
    With this new nerf to PS, shadowpriests will loose every bit of defence they have... I really dont know why blizz is doing this... Couldn't they just say "We dont want Spriests in pvp" and be done with it?

From what you just said, your name and that you play a hunter gives me a sour taste of "ebay" in my mouth.
    Anyways, lets put it like this;
    Fristly, if we trust your numbers, sure 19k health in 1 fear is alot of damage. The thing is that the fear probably didnt last that long at all since it breaks from an amount of damage, but lets go on to trust your numbers anyways.
    Secondly even though the priest got a nice handicap since you only had 2 seconds to dps and 3k health left when you got the control back, you managed to get half the priests health down. How is that fair?
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

Yeee.....

it was just that those good ones were damn rare
    Yep, the priest class and that specific tree attracts retards with a occasional intelligent player and all the rogues attract skillfull ninjas, that so reminded me of world of roguecraft...

To make things clear:
    Still managed to get him half health because i was able to pull out 2 or 3 shots.
    Did u forget to put on ur trinket again while pvp herbing?QQ

And for the rogues: 1st fear = trinket, psychic horror = cloak it after 3 seconds of getting 2 dots on u with still no dmg done to u.. now u get to have 20 seconds of pure happy time on the shadowpriest, hf! Oh and dont forget to vanish when those 20 seconds are over, happy fun time will come to an end then. And in arena, fears are dispellable, waiting 2 min for one that isnt is lifetime.

Rogues are pretty muched viewed upon as useless in PVE, now with all the PVP nerfing of Rogues the entire class seems to become more and more obsolete..

I'm currently leveling a pally as an alt though I am seriously considering making it my main.. not because it's more fun but because people actually want to bring pally's to raids and what not.
    WoW Gear Wishlists - WoW-Wishlist.com
    Try out my Signature Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Divni
    Rogues are pretty muched viewed upon as useless in PVE, now with all the PVP nerfing of Rogues the entire class seems to become more and more obsolete..

I'm currently leveling a pally as an alt though I am seriously considering making it my main.. not because it's more fun but because people actually want to bring pally's to raids and what not.
    My rogue isn't useless! He has fish feasts! And can misdirect to people who are being obnoxious on vent! Good times.
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

He managed to fear you since you were picking up a herb.
    Otherwise a priest has no way to get near a hunter to fear him, if a hunter can kite melee classes (as they do very easy) they can for sure kite a priest.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Played WSG a warlock shows up. I have about 600 res and 21k hp. I know 600 res is not much but i got feard by that warlock and hes dots ticked for 1500 on me. Dident have trinket ready or no bubbel. after 10 sec i was dead. He did 16k dmg in 10 sec from dots and finished me of whit a shadowbolt

Blizzard does not want Shadow Priests to play play PVP.

Roll Discipline and let it die.

:'(

your math is way off here... Even at the crit dmg reduction cap of 33% or 1353 resil a 10k crit would only be reduced to 6700. With 910 resil or 22.2% crit dmg reduction a 6300 crit would equal ~8050 before resil.

[color=maroon]Using element of surprise + cooldown is potent for all classes in PvP. So... the fight ended with you dead and the priest at half health after he got the drop. Sounds fair to me.

"[...]still managed to get him half health because i was able to pull out 2 or 3 shots."

Wait a minute... is this the hypocrisy Easter egg within the QQ? I can't tell sometimes...