As most who play ret know there is almost nothing in the holy or prot trees to make us want to spec into them for PVE. Blizzard has mentioned a few times they would like to change this and make the other trees more appealing to ret but so far nothing has really been done, especially not with holy. I think this could easily be rectified just by moving a few talents around and also solve some of ret's problems to boot. It's a win/win.

I know many have mentioned making Seals of the Pure apply to ALL seals. While this might be a viable option if ret DPS is still a little lacking, I don't think it is necessary. Instead I think Purifying Power should be moved to a much earlier tier. This would put our Exorcism on a 10 second CD instead of 15 which should be a small DPS increase. On top of that it would also help our mana issues by reducing the mana cost of Consecrate by almost 100.

With a more useful early tier talent we could then spec into Healing Light and maybe even Aura Mastery. Since Blizzard seems pretty adamant about keeping the recoil damage on Seal of Blood/Martyr, Holy Light would help us pop off insta cast Flash of Lights when AoW procs and cover our own self inflicted dmg better. Since our swing timer no longer resets in 3.1(?) when we cast an insta FoL, we wouldn't lose DPS and at the same time wouldn't be such a liability to the raid/healers. With the reduced mana on Consecrate we should be able to afford to heal ourselves.

As for prot I think Divine Strength and Divinity are great tier 1 choices. The problem is their is nothing else after them to really entice us to go deeper for PVE. To fix this I think Combat Expertise could switch places with Anticipation. Ret paladins already have considerably lower hp than other plater wearers so this talent would help us while not giving us TOO much hp. It would only give around 800 more hp, give or take a few hundred depending on gear.

Besides the slight hp increase we would get the expertise and crit for PVE which would definitely help boost our DPS a bit. Divine Guardian is also a pretty decent PVE talent and could be something we could go for a bit easier. Divine Guardian, along with Divinity would be an alternative way for us to counter the recoil on SoB/M, this time by going into prot instead oh holy.

Of course with these changes we wouldn't be able to get both Purifying Power and Combat Expertise on top of the respective healing increases in each tree. If we want to lower the mana cost of Consecrate, decrease the CD of Exorcism, get Aura Mastery for some great utlity, and make our Flash of Lights heal for a good bit more we could go holy. If we just want our Judgment of Light and Divine Storm to heal for more we could get Divinity to help counter the recoil. Divine Guardian would also be available to further decrease the dmg and Combat Expertise to gain a little extra crit/exp/sta

Basically holy would save us more mana and make us able to Exorsicm an extra time every minute, on top of the increased utility from Aura Mastery. Prot on the other hand would be more passive healing and dmg mitigation with Divine Guardian, while directly increasing our crit and exp.

So, what do you guys think?