Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: RET - What to do with those missing talents points

What I would do is drop reckoning rework it so it works as a chance to hit thing or something. I'd also lower Combat expertise so ret can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    What I would do is drop reckoning rework it so it works as a chance to hit thing or something.
    Will never happen.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

Quote Originally Posted by greatrichie
    Will never happen.
    It clearly needs something. No prot paladin I know specs into it, and it's too high in the tree to be useful to ret.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9733

It's pretty much your pvp and pve tree put together

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=9733#

or

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=9733#

Not sure which yet, will have to see if blizz changes any of the upper holy/prot talents to make them a little nicer for ret. Aura mastery seems kinda nice, but it seems very niche while even if you never use Divine Guardian the improved talent makes your Sacred shield(its scaling with Sheath now) a very nice skill to stop dmg coming on you or your tank friends.

They could make the talents in prot or holy more atractive to ret: for example:

"Guardian's Favor: Reduces the colddown of your hand of protection by 60/120 sec and increases the duration of your hand of freedom by 2/4 sec. When hand of Freedom is casted on yourself you gain 10/20% melee haste for the duration of the spell."

This would make hand of Freedom be more usefull in PVE with a dps speed increase when used.

I think is a nice idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    They could make the talents in prot or holy more atractive to ret: for example:

"Guardian's Favor: Reduces the colddown of your hand of protection by 60/120 sec and increases the duration of your hand of freedom by 2/4 sec. When hand of Freedom is casted on yourself you gain 10/20% melee haste for the duration of the spell."

This would make hand of Freedom be more usefull in PVE with a dps speed increase when used.

I think is a nice idea.
    that would be very nice indeed. but you can spam the ability. its almost a flat 20% haste increase. might be overpowered together with AW and the new SoB changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9733

It's pretty much your pvp and pve tree put together
    Think I'm gonna go with this one, going into holy or deeper in prot is useless.

I think is a nice idea.
    Haha

Yeah, maybe 20% is too much, 5/10% haste to be more fair.

so let me get this straight, blizzard offers horrible retardins a chance to pick up some utility without sacrificing damage and theyre doing something wrong.... hmmm. Youre a ret paladin, not a rogue. Bring some utility to the raid. If all you do is rotate judge/cs/ds/fill+auto-attack in a raid, you are horrible. This is your chance to get some talents to make you more useful, take it.

They want a reason to go into X talent tree to get a certain talent, like Holy Pallys go 51/0/20 to get the crit talents and PoJ
    Or Rogues used to go 19/42
    Mages go 18/43 or 0/43/18
    And so on

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    They want a reason to go into X talent tree to get a certain talent, like Holy Pallys go 51/0/20 to get the crit talents and PoJ
    And so on
    Because resto druids spec'ing ino feral makes sense.
    And resto shammies specing into elemental makes sense.
    And holy priests need to spec into shadow.

No, >:/

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    And so on
    I just gave you the reason, more utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Because resto druids spec'ing ino feral makes sense.
    And resto shammies specing into elemental makes sense.
    And holy priests need to spec into shadow.

No, >:/
    turn that around.
    where do elemental shammies put their extra points?
    how about shadow priests and feral druids?
    ya thought so.

15+ Year Old Account

other classes actually have profit for themselves speccing in other trees. ret paladins barely do pve wise

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinOfHolyness
    so let me get this straight, blizzard offers horrible retardins a chance to pick up some utility without sacrificing damage and theyre doing something wrong.... hmmm. Youre a ret paladin, not a rogue. Bring some utility to the raid. If all you do is rotate judge/cs/ds/fill+auto-attack in a raid, you are horrible. This is your chance to get some talents to make you more useful, take it.
    What a holy pally is talking about rotation: all you do is HL/FL/shock.
    And holy spec into ret becose theres lots of atractive talents for them, if not they wouldnt.

What a holy pally is talking about rotation: all you do is HL/FL/shock.
    And holy spec into ret becose theres lots of atractive talents for them, if not they wouldnt.
    first off, i switch between holy and ret(dual spec is gonna be awesome), second - when I'm holy I do spec into ret for the free crits. if the free crits werent there I would spec prot for the survivability. I would put the points somewhere. You can't tell me theres nothing for ret in any of those trees. You can increase your UTILITY, which is probably blizzards goal. I'm willing to bet its not their aim to free up points to add new ones later so you can omglazerpewpewfaceroll. Pick up some healing, pick up some survivability, pick up something that benefits the raid as a whole and doesnt inflate your epeen when you look at a meter. Stop being bad.

edit - I'd also like to add I certainly wouldnt be complaining if they trimmed holy down without cutting my healing. That would be freakin nice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari

I agree with this guy. Blizzard isn't finished with Pallies yet so its kind of pointles right now to go into elaborate plans on what to do with those extra points.

I don't know if they are going to add any new talents into the Ret tree or not. It's possible the will just put some new talents into the other trees that will make us want to branch out a bit more.
    And when will Blizzard be adding these magical talents? 3.1? Certainly not. 3.2? 4.0 more than likely. The wide sweeping class changes are essentially done for this patch.

The only good news for Ret paladins is that if you are still levelling you can essentially get your full level 80 spec in the mid-60s.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Change 'Divinity' to 'Increases all healing and holy damage done by you by 5% and all healing effects on you by 5%', or, echoing one of the threads on the forum, add an 'Armoured to the Teeth' talent into the Holy tree, for us to pick up.

Or, both.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinOfHolyness
    first off, i switch between holy and ret(dual spec is gonna be awesome), second - when I'm holy I do spec into ret for the free crits. if the free crits werent there I would spec prot for the survivability. I would put the points somewhere. You can't tell me theres nothing for ret in any of those trees. You can increase your UTILITY, which is probably blizzards goal. I'm willing to bet its not their aim to free up points to add new ones later so you can omglazerpewpewfaceroll. Pick up some healing, pick up some survivability, pick up something that benefits the raid as a whole and doesnt inflate your epeen when you look at a meter. Stop being bad.

edit - I'd also like to add I certainly wouldnt be complaining if they trimmed holy down without cutting my healing. That would be freakin nice.
    Alright im gonna go easy here. "pick up some healing" most Rets have around 7k mana buffed and just skate by on a lot of fights before going oom, our healing is also fairly underwhelming compared to other hybreds like elemental shamans, boomkins, shadow priest. Think feral druid minus the instant cast HOTs.
    "pick up some survivability" we already spend a lot of our itemization points on our gear with tons of stam, we have plate and an Oh Sh*t button, not to mention an on command salv that we can use to drop threat. "pick up something that benefits the raid as a whole " Like what? nothing lower in either holy or prot that we can reach will do anyone any real good with our limits, not with out dropping 5-10 points on points with little to no use for us.

"What to do with those missing talents points"? well for right now I only pve so I might just leave the 9 points (I take Divine Purpose for the times I eat a stun and cant every man for him self out of it) in protest of the lack of effort from the devs to make interesting talents in our secondary trees.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Ryevin