Thread: priest.

priest.

Hey there, im a Hybrid paladin 37/0/34. this is NOT a whine post just a "cry" for help .

i have experienced that i lose kinda ofthen against Priest teams ( Disc priests ) am i just noob against priest or is other ppl experiencing the same thing ?.
    im ofc los'ing mana burns etc. but srsly Holy shock just dont cut it when most priests team with a rogue wich results in 50% lesser healing to my target.. so i kinda have to stop healing him with either flash or holy light, and then im getting mana burned. + i cant really use bubble for anything since most priests are extremely fast with mass dispell.. im kinda out of idea's now x) im playing what most refer to as "Faceroll" combo DK + paladin, we dont have problems at all really but against priests its getting hard x) any suggestions ? ( no LOLOL paladin QQ thread posts plz, since thats not the points of this thread )

Re: priest.

I'm pretty sure DK holy pally should beat priest rogue. I play priest ret pally and we beat DK holy pally but it's a bit different. Uh, to be honest your DK should be able to do enough damage to that rogue to make the priest have to focus on healing, as you keep los from mana burns. If the priest is only focusing on mana burns you should be able to kill the rogue because the priest is tunnel visioning on you. I have never seen a Rogue Kill a DK faster than a DK can kill it, if your DK does the damage the priest should be on the defensive

Also, can't you clense wound poison? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Menosat
    I'm pretty sure DK holy pally should beat priest rogue. I play priest ret pally and we beat DK holy pally but it's a bit different. Uh, to be honest your DK should be able to do enough damage to that rogue to make the priest have to focus on healing, as you keep los from mana burns. If the priest is only focusing on mana burns you should be able to kill the rogue because the priest is tunnel visioning on you. I have never seen a Rogue Kill a DK faster than a DK can kill it, if your DK does the damage the priest should be on the defensive

Also, can't you clense wound poison? o.o
    it will be back on the target after 1-2 seconds that means cleanse spam and causes you to be unable to heal it would go like this : WP>Cleanse>*insert non-instant cast heal*>WP>heal finds place, so it seems to me it would only have use on instant heals. I could be wrong.

cleansing WP is retarted :l cleansing any poisons with a rogue on you is allmost retarted, it takes 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001 untill its up again = its waste of GC and mana. priets are tough imo :l because the rogues just chain slows my dk and then the priest runs away.. "just freedom" there is 25 Sec CD on freedom and there is NO CD on cripling wich is 70% speed reduce :l..

Awwww

you have a anti team combo.

how terrible is that.

when you look at overall arena rating statistics not many priests are higher than 2,2k (and that is the best guys around) when the highest rated are DK Pally/teams with 2800.

as playing priest setups with either rogue or hunter, we have alot of anti teams, and on a bad day we meet them all the time, and get creamed.

and Im not discussing shadow priests here, not like they have any remote chance atm, but..

resilience will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge
    Awwww

you have a anti team combo.

how terrible is that.

when you look at overall arena rating statistics not many priests are higher than 2,2k (and that is the best guys around) when the highest rated are DK Pally/teams with 2800.

as playing priest setups with either rogue or hunter, we have alot of anti teams, and on a bad day we meet them all the time, and get creamed.

and Im not discussing shadow priests here, not like they have any remote chance atm, but..

resilience will fix it.
    again.. im not crying about it mate.. im just asking for suggestions to help me win ? is that hard to understand x)

Playing as a pala/dk relies a lot on good positioning, you need to position yourself near a pillar (to LoS burns) and so the DK/rogue are inbetween you and the priest. Admitedly cleansing wound poison is generally useless but I use HoJ whenever it's off CD on the rogue. When the rogue is stunned he cant apply wound again so this is the time to cleanse and channel heals. When you see the priest moving towards your pillar for a fear repentance him and now its probably a good time to move spots to a new position.

A DK toe to toeing the rogue really gives you an advantage, you shouldn't have to cast much more than holy shocks and if you do make sure you're out of LoS of the priest to receieve minimal burns. When I was playing pala/dk I found priest/rogue hard when they literally just zerged the crap out of me (the pala), priest just spamming smites after holy fire/mind blast rogue spamming mut/evis and then they just MD the bubble off me when I needed to survive. When their rogue is on your DK you shouldn't be finding this a hard match.

well.

Im one of those priests, so.

tell your DK not to go too far out of range so you have to heal him in the open.

if you bubble stun the priest.

The rogue dps should never be able to nuke the DK down that fast unless hes.
    1 out of range
    2 out of sight
    3 you are crowd controlled (DK should save CD for that)
    4 you ran away because you are being mana burned and he got killed, due to him being in a wrong position for you to heal him.

You are the stronger team.
    better mana regen, with healing.
    can take more dps (from a melee like a rogue)
    the priest can only beat you if he can mana burn you.
    and that is what he wants, and your DK positioning controlles where you have to heal from thus making you easy to mana burn.

anyway , sry for the angry post before, GL with your faceroll team.

I'm priest and i play with retribution paladin...and it's really impossible to beat pala-dk ( we tourn around 2k )
    Indeed it's impossible to burn the paladin because he's hidden or just because when he kicks someone he earns mana to fast...and moreover i don't have the time to burn and to heal in the same time because i'm always focus...We always die because i'm stun or because i'm oom.

Stop crying, if you have the stuff and know how to play, priest can't beat you..you have a lot of control, you have so much mana, you have so much resistance...what can priest do against that ???

sorry for my poor english, ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelÿ
    I'm priest and i play with retribution paladin...and it's really impossible to beat pala-dk ( we tourn around 2k )
    Indeed it's impossible to burn the paladin because he's hidden or just because when he kicks someone he earns mana to fast...and moreover i don't have the time to burn and to heal in the same time because i'm always focus...We always die because i'm stun or because i'm oom.

Stop crying, if you have the stuff and know how to play, priest can't beat you..you have a lot of control, you have so much mana, you have so much resistance...what can priest do against that ???

sorry for my poor english, ^^
    You must be playing wrong, because I play priest with a ret pally in 2's, around 2100-2200, and Holy pally DK is the one comp we always beat, so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandal
    again.. im not crying about it mate.. im just asking for suggestions to help me win ? is that hard to understand x)
    if you don't cleanse poisons nothing will help you tbh =\

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

Find a Hunter to sub in for the DK and make the Priest/Rogue dodge queue you...