Poll: What method will you use for distribution?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Val'anyr - Raid Leaders: How do you distribute it?

My guild uses a DKP / Loot Council system which is sort of a variation of the honor system.

Basically the guild (excluding healers) have made their list as to who is the most deserving based on attendance, accrued DKP since we started in early BC, how often they loot, and how well they play.

Each of us have given our own lists to the officers, granted their is a bit of a popularity contest - but this is where the loot council comes in. Based on the info recieved, they make a decision of the top 3-5 healers who are most deserving. Then, from those 3-5 the Officers decide based on least flight risk, and the items above.

This system has worked really well in the passed.

Pre 2.4 there were 3 rogues in the guild all of which had high attendance and 2 of which already had the Main Hand glaive(me being one of them). The same system was used and, lucky me, ended up with the second half of the glaive set when it finally dropped. The funny part of how this all worked out is that 1 of the rogues re-rolled DeathKnight, the other quit playing, and me - i'm still the rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    Iam not RL but it would be logic to give it to healer who

1 is constantly one of the best in healing meters ( Special effect would benefit the raid most with this)
    2 is very very active on main raids, means he accept every invitation
    3 is skilled and long in guild ( as a reward )
    i STRONGLY disagree with your first point. In case you haven't realized yet, healing meters are relatively useless. A paladin/priest who is going to crit for nearly 20k in Ulduar gear, but is below a druid on healing meters due to the natural of HoTs, is still generally a better choice. Healing meters are relatively useless for nearly everything as they fail to factor in things like absorbs, and things like mana efficiency. Spamming regrowth MIGHT get you top of meters, but if you have to innervate yourself, it's overall worse for the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    Iam not RL but it would be logic to give it to healer who

1 is constantly one of the best in healing meters ( Special effect would benefit the raid most with this)
    2 is very very active on main raids, means he accept every invitation
    3 is skilled and long in guild ( as a reward )

I'd have to agree with the other two that commented on your first point. Only because a skilled Discipline priest will not be shown as being "one of the best" on the meters especially not consistently and if they are you really need new healers in your raids.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Agreed that healing meters are garbage. Probably best to give to the healer that you want most in your raid, that has consistently helped throughout your guilds career.

Definitely be a loot council. Will probably go to our druid healer though, even though the proc isn't quite as good as a player he is nasty healer. And ultimately that should be one of the requirements.

We've already decided who is getting it. Basicly a loot council decision.
    Its going to our healing officer, since he's been with the guild since kara, and is the most reliable and talented healer.
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

Druids have just as much right to this as everyone else, the proc is not going to be game breaking, ruling a druid out who deserves it for every other reason is absurd.

The proc is a bonus, not an excuse to fuck over a deserving player, btw im a priest so my opinion isn't biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyblaze
    A druid Healer?! Have u been reading this thread?! If a druid in ur guild gets it ur guild is ran by idiots lol
    zomg someone that thinks differently from you in a discussion thread? wtf was he thinking maing!!!

If your most loyal/best healer is a druid, I would rather reward loyalty and consistancy and take a SLIGHT nerf to the raid group than reward someone that may be flaky just because their class can use the proc more. Now...lets say you have 1 of each healer type that always shows up and helped found the guild...perhaps the druid isn't the best choice, but there is more to who gets this weapon that JUST what class they are.

Our officers are in the process of deciding who is going to get it first. We really only have 1 healer that has ALWAYS healed and always been willing to...but with Ulduar approaching we may have some people switching specs/mains for group synergy reasons...so we're not set yet. We'll just wait and see what happens when the first one drops :P

We made a short list using criteria like attendance, skill, declared future availability, and we also eliminated one person due to personality. Narrowed it down to myself, another officer, and a member. Decided we'd give it to the non-officer healer to avoid the drama and that the other healer was also a very strong candidate. The other officer myself then did a /roll to determine the priority ladder for when the primary person isn't there. We run on a DKP system so we assigned a value to the fragments that will be charged as acquired.

What we decided on is pretty much equal to what you guys have said so far.

We are going to let a certain number of people roll on the first fragment.
    The winner will take all obviously.
    Who can roll on the first fragment?
    Well- healers who:
    a) are present at a regular basis
    b) are reliable
    c) know their class and can play it too

Since- fortunately- we have a couple of these we will leave it up to them to decide.

Not the GM, but I know how it will be handled. Officers gain first priority on loot, and among the officers is a holy paladin that sleeps with our GM.

It will go to him.

Let me clarify something,

The reason we <Mythic> are (barring any serious changes to attendance, performance, or info on the mace) giving it to a holy pally first is that because he out of the two clear choices we have is the most logical. Followed by our shaman, then our priest. We simply do not have consistent druids.

I wouldnt bar a druid from it provided he or she was clearly the most likely to show up and raid. That said consistently crappy players shouldnt get it either, so it should be more than just attendance and attitude. Aptitude has to be there as well.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It's quite interesting to read all this.

See i'm an officer in my guild. We're a council of 5. When we started discussing this it was mentioned that at least 2 of them would give it to me since i'm considered one of our best (maybe even the best) healers, have a raid attendance of nearly 100% and have been in the guild for quite some time now.

Problem is, my fellow officers think it could look like i was the first choice because i'm an officer and we just want to distribute stuff among ourselves. They think it could be best if i just pass on it to avoid trouble.

Basicaly i'm trying to convince them that this is nothing unusual, that other guilds give it to officers as well if they meet the requirements.

So would you say that it would be a logical, maybe "wise" (was mentioned before), decision to do so or would you recommend that officers should pass?
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I'm not a gm but DKP is the best solution imo (assuming you have separate DKP for naxx and ulduar). You wan't to give it to the most dedicated and active person in the guild and avoid drama loot council can cause ("i deserve it moar" or "why is it an officer!!!" kinda bullshit). Usually the most dedicated and active person has the DKP to get it.

I've been a member of 4 major raiding guilds since 2005 2 of which were using loot council and from my own experience i know that two things may happen. One is that your officers to avoid drama are rewarding normal members more than themselves, which sux as the officers are usually the best players. The other thing is that they can be greedy and cause a guild to fall apart.

Loot drama is inevitable, doesn't matter what system you use but chances are that with council it will happen more often and strike your team harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyblaze
    A druid Healer?! Have u been reading this thread?! If a druid in ur guild gets it ur guild is ran by idiots lol

Our druid healer attends every raid, does heroics he doesnt need for alts, and also is the guild enchanter and main officier (next to GM). On top of that he is the best healer in our guild, and has solo healed maly 6 mins, healed in sard 3 10 man, as well as having almost all the raider achievements. You wouldnt give this loot to a person who is good and helps the guild? Then your guild is run by complete utter tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara

See i'm an officer in my guild. We're a council of 5. When we started discussing this it was mentioned that at least 2 of them would give it to me since i'm considered one of our best (maybe even the best) healers, have a raid attendance of nearly 100% and have been in the guild for quite some time now.

Problem is, my fellow officers think it could look like i was the first choice because i'm an officer and we just want to distribute stuff among ourselves. They think it could be best if i just pass on it to avoid trouble.

Basicaly i'm trying to convince them that this is nothing unusual, that other guilds give it to officers as well if they meet the requirements.

So would you say that it would be a logical, maybe "wise" (was mentioned before), decision to do so or would you recommend that officers should pass?
    Honestly Venara, I would just lay out the reasoning exactly as others have put it. We chose it because of A, B, C. If people are upset over loot that will eventually be replaced/is in the best interest of the guild at large, then they are missing the big picture of raiding, and likely are not the best fit for your guild anyway. Raiding is about progression and teamwork, not about who has the biggest stick (or in this case, the most orange).

And to the one making posts about giving loot out to officers, its not unusual at all. Azinoths went to the rogue officers, Thorindai (had it dropped) would have gone to the hunter officer. You do the most work keeping the guild running, and it seems you are one of the best healers. If the people in your guild dont understand that then they will have to suck it up or find a new guild.

Our current most likely healer to recieve it is an officer, the second most likely is someone who has been approached about becomming an officer multiple times. The pally in question is, somewhat devoted to myself (gm) and barring any massive changes will support me for as long as we play the game.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Being one of 3 leaders(it splits the responsibility and we all bring different attitudes to the core allowing for one of the best compromises to come to fruition etc etc) we have already narrowed it down to 3 of our healers. All 3 are officers as well. Our Druid class leader(and healing 'coordinator' of sorts. The guys a demon and is able to arrange people, get them to do stuff on the fly), second is a mutant of a priest who really is awesome as well. Finally we have our Shaman CL who is resto as well.

Our decisions are based on this as Attendance/Activity, Performance and "the upgrade itself".

We've kept the Druid in a considered spot since we dont know enough i believe about the weapon to determine how good it is, or even if the weapon is like Atiesh with multiple versions for the classes.

Perhaps all we're seeing is the paladin version and there is other versions. We dont know(i believe) enough about the internalcd on that equip either. If theres no internal CD it might be handy having all the hots keep that shield up near constant.

Either way performance wise ALL 3 are deserving, Attendance wise they are all similar too so it will just be upon release of the ifnal weapon stats and whatnot that will swing us. All 3 players are understanding and we'll be farming it till the end of the world anwyay if it proves to be one of if not the BiS healing weapon for all healers even through to 3.3.

THAT IS MINE!!!!!!11oneone!!11

Nop, unfortunately, it ain't gonna be mine, we are going for LC and Roll.

Loot Council choose the ones who are worth for it (a.k.a Classleaders+Officers who can held it and has more than 90% attendance)
    More or less they are 4-5, so they are going for a last man standing roll rather than a "decide yourselfes who to take it" (...everyone can guess the answer :)

I think it's the best way to do it, if the LC elects just one member, it will upset for sure all the others, same goes if it goes for a "all members and higher ranks roll for it", this will upset all the one who deserved to have a priority on that item.

To Venara:
    Well, if you are truly what you said -wich is one of the best healers, long time in guild, nearly 100% attendance- this means you deserve it,
    and if your fellow officers can't be aware of the fact that it should give to you because of all the things said above and not because you are an Officer and because they fear it could be some sort of...favouritism, then ther're 2 options:

1) They fear you, take the THRONE and rule over them now that you have the chance.
    2) You truly have untrustworthy officers, change them