Algalon: Title and other Goodies

Seeing as he is supposedly an extremely difficult encounter and difficult enough to reward a title just for defeating him the only way you can(which is the hard mode), I'd imagine he will probably drop some kind of reward (a mount maybe?) much like Sarth 3D does. Even if its extremely amazing gear, I wouldn't think it would justify farming this guy in itself without such a reward. They havn't really released much info about him yet other than how you unlock the encounter and why he is there, but I also havn't seen any new mounts pve-related outside of the 2 new achievment drakes and the Mmirion (or w/e....the gnome boss) gnomish mount. I'm gonna guess a 310% (or higher?) armored proto drake. Any other speculation?

Re: Algalon: Title and other Goodies

well, looking back - did nightbane provide any extras?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    Nightbane =/= Algalon

Nightbane only required you to summon him, but he was not tuned that much harder than the rest of Karazhan, nor did he require you to kill the other bosses in a special way. Algalon will most likely drop something, though I imagine it may just be 2 shards of the mace instead of the usual one or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    Nightbane was little more than tank and spank and standing out of the pretty purple stuff, though he was a challenge at first for guilds that were new to clearing Kara up to prince, like mine was at the time. This is an actual difficult enoucnter, never before have I heard Blizzard make such a big fuss over one boss, calling him the raid destroyer and all. Not sure how the shards of the mace work, but perhaps they will have a guaranteed drop off of him.

Point being, sure he'll drop nice loot probably the same ilevel as Yoggy, but if he's supposed to be very hard and only very few % guilds will down him, there would be something more, I think. 3D rewards a title and a mount, and from the sounds of it this is going to be much much harder,and an even smaller % of guilds that down him in the long run from the sounds of it.

Nightbane =/= hardmode. End of story.

I'm guessing he drops a few fragments and a mount at random much like Keal's phoenix. He's also got to have his own loot table with shiny epics. I'm guessing they're not in the files yet because Blizzard wants to keep it somewhat secret and everything in the files is found out immediately. Hopefully his drops will be new and fancy designs so the players can walk around showing off how much better they are then everyone else thus getting rid of that damn argument.
    Doom Lord Kazzak for President.

Why is it logical that he drops a mount?

There's all this QQ about how mounts and achievements aren't content, so Blizzard aim to please those people by giving them Algalon. They aim to please the people that think mounts are cosmetic, pointless things to farm for.

I don't think he drops any mounts, I just think he drops the absolutely best items in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Preach07
    I don't think he drops any mounts, I just think he drops the absolutely best items in the game.
    That statement bothers me for some reason. KT drops 226 items so does 3D Sarth. People farm 2D+ for the better items and mount and achievement. If this guy is the same level item as Yoggy and nothing more you will have a hard time convincing people to farm him. My reason is simple, you have to kill 4 different bosses on hard mode just to access this guy. Why would they make the boss so hard to reach than on top of that give an achievement just for killing him with nothing extra or special. My guess is OF COURSE the BIS items will drop but a mount is almost a given. Pretty much the BAMFs of this game drop a mount.

Then again, some of us raid for raiding, not for epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Then again, some of us raid for raiding, not for epics.

Lol PBitt, why you think "Raiders" should complete something just because it drops a fabolous Pink Proto Armored Heavy Machine Gun Supported Air Demon?
    It's been clear since the start that Algalon feeds off of our tears, he has a Title JUST for killing him, in both 10 and 25 Hard modes, he doesn't even have a Normal mode, plus he has an achievement with title, 3 titles in total.
    This is somewhat extremely rare, or rather he is the ONLY one giving these rewards, if you think the one who gets closer to him is Sarth 3d, with 2 titles+realmfirst only, plus he is anyways farmable in normal-1-2 drakes up.

And I'm not anyways excluding he has not any drakes/items/keys/questitems for something, just we didn't even know his face, we'll see what we can get from him soon anyways