Underbelly Black-market Dealers
The underlying idea is to utilize old world instances without simply making them heroics, since Blizzard basically said "No" to that. Plus, this concept will not become obsolete with new expansions/levels/content as you are scaled back to the same level each time (more on this further down).
The dungeons will have to have some tweaking of the mobs HP and damage, but not nearly as much as would be required in creating a max level heroic for each one. A lot of the trash would probably have to be made non-elite to save on time, as some of those old world places could take hours to complete. This idea would have them taking less then an hour a piece.
· The quests send you into the past to find an item the Dealers want, but they only know that it was, at some point in the past, located within “X” dungeon and with “Z” individual; however, they don’t know where it is now.
· They will have their own new reputation.
· The trip into the past by unofficial means (aka not through the Bronze dragons) messes you up causing you to become weaker. Coincidently you are weakened to the point of matching the dungeons level
· 3 daily quests: 1 short mode quest that only has you doing part of an old world dungeon and 1 that has you doing the whole thing; the 3rd will be a random short or long quest
· Each dungeon will have several quests that have you going to them
· Bosses are not killed, but simply weakened to a point you can incapacitate them and the steal the item on interest. This makes it so Blizzard isn’t compelled to have to make new items for the boss to drop. Not 100% about this, but I think it might be the best way to go.
· The quests can be rewarded in 1 of 2 ways that I have thought of:
a) Simply rewarding gold, like other dailies. This is boring, but a tried and true method.
b) My preferred reward method. After completing the quest and you turn in the quest, you get the option of keeping the item or handing it over to the dealers. You can turn over the item and get a nice gold reward and get Dealer rep, or Keep the item and a small gold reward for trying to find the item (let’s say you tell them you “found out” the item was destroyed). You can them sell the item which will get you more total gold them just handing it over, but you will lose out on the rep.
Reason for wanting to keep the item and NOT sell it: most items are part of a collection. If you collect all the items, then you can sell it for triple the gold.
So there it is. I would let us visit the old world instances and get even more gold.