Should Resto Druids go for Mp5 Gear or Crit Gear?

I just got the shoulder enchants and getting close to getting the head enchant and just didn't know with all of the changes coming up if I should spec to crit or if I should spec for mp5. What are your thoughts?

Deleted

Re: Should Resto Druids go for Mp5 Gear or Crit Gear?

Spellpower and spirit...

Ok, but there is not a Spell Power and spirit Head enchant or shoulders. I'm asking based on gear where I have to choose between either crit or mp5 which would be best. example being shoulder and head enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Taralocke
    Ok, but there is not a Spell Power and spirit Head enchant or shoulders. I'm asking based on gear where I have to choose between either crit or mp5 which would be best. example being shoulder and head enchant
    I use Sp. Crit helm\shoulder enchants. ^^; Only go that way if you don't need the extra regen.

Gear for SPELLPOWER and Spirit. Spellpower will let your heals heal for more and wont have to cast them as much to get the same effect. SPIRIT will let you gain more Mp5 while casting and Not casting.

As a broccoli you should always prioritize mana regen over spell crit. So to answer your question, you should get Arcanum of Blissful Mending (30 SP 8 mp5) instead of Arcanum of Burning Mysteries (30 SP 20 crit rating).

15+ Year Old Account

My Theory is, With Spirit comes MP5/SP so.
    On the PTR I based a little bit more on critical strike rating, being that Regrowth took a 25% nerf, but Nourish got a 25% buff. I tried to balance my crit rating at 25% roughly with Enough spirit to keep my mp5 alive, and that way i had 50% crit with Regrowth and Nourish.
    Also Lifebloom is going to be a key factor in Druid Sustainability for raid healing, moreso than rejuvenation has been.

My suggestion. Stick with Mp5 for now, When 3.1 hits. Switch it up a bit, go to a base of a little Crit/Haste. And Definately Keep up that spirit. Innervate only comes around ONCE in a while.

Made by Ariyana!

If you're sufficiently geared, you shouldn't need the healing\mp5 enchants. :X

Hey guys what should I have, apples or oranges?
    "You should get watermelons and pears"

-_-

Last time I checked both crit and mp5 "helm enchant" has spellpower on it, I could be wrong though.

Rule of thumb if you're comparing those two stats
    -If you go oom, get mp5
    -If you don't, get crit

WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    If you're sufficiently geared, you shouldn't need the healing\mp5 enchants. :X
    True. But after seeing OP's stats in his sig, it's definitely mp5.

A bit off topic I know, but it is semi-relevant

regarding haste and crit, there is a post in EJ somewhere.. (the link is proving elusive atm) and it states..

It has also been confirmed that with WoA, CF, and Ret/Kin Aura, you will need ~400 or 12.2% Haste from gear to obtain a 1 sec cast and GCD for Nourish during NG uptime.
    Since the %change of crit for reg, nourish will be used more by more druids i suspect.

Depending on whether you intend to "flourish with nourish" you may want to consider aiming for the 400 haste softcap.

Also with the change to NG to being a passive 3sec effect, there is an argument that 35% raid buffed crit is also now a softcap.

Again it depends if you see yourself ever needing to spam heal a tank with nourish / Regrowth.

Its all personal, atm the content is so easy that it does not really matter where you put your chips. This may change in Uldar though.

DD

i went for Blissful mending myself......the clue is in the title

15+ Year Old Account

My point of view and testing in PTR: Spellpower > MP5. Spirit, crit and haste will be there on the items as a standard. The other two should be done with enchants and gems. All will be well. Not the same, but stable enough to end fights with 40% mana and kick off on trash with 100% again.