Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Remember when heroics were actually heroic?

Who all thinks that maybe a new dungeon mode would be nice? A step above heroic that drops better swag, drops higher level badges, and provides as much of a challenge as the old heroics. Remember when heroic MGT came out? Could you see a tank pulling entire groups without CC and everybody using AOE? Granted, it was doable without CC, it was a lot more of a challenge. Why can't we have a difficulty mode that actually requires people to think and use things such as CC and reward players for it. Just throwing the idea out there, please no "QQ" comments as that is not what I'm doing.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Remember when heroics were actually heroic?

ive been saying this myself for the last month or so, i too remember when heroics were actually a challenge (at least for a while) and have been hoping for a wrath style answer to MGT with a heroic mode that is actually hard. Oh well, maybe once Icecrown Citadel opens up as a raid we'll see something

i'm hoping onslaught harbor has an instance added in like MgT was. maybe something like the throne in the main chamber having a secret passage under it and the boss is an uber mal'ganis.

or we go through that portal that we chased mal'ganis through and fight a $$$$ton of demons in the twisting nether or the nathzerim(spelling?) homeworld.

Deleted

Your idea is somewhat good, althogh the mistakes in implementing such a degree of difficulty into five-man dungeons would be:
    Far from every class will get to see it; take warriors as an example. If CC was a requirement, why bring a warrior then? People playing warriors would start whining, then Blizzard would be forced to either remove the new option, or give warriors any form of CC. The first is most likely, so non-tanking warriors, DKs, priests in general, and hunters who can't kite, would be forced to reroll if they'd like to see that content.
    Another mistake is, if it awards better loot, who would ever go to the Eye of Eternity, Naxxramas or the Obsidian Sanctum? You could just go "l33t" mode five-man dungeons.

MgT was pretty easy in all gearsets, really.

But god forbid if you were an idiot~

So heres the deal, your saying have a more difficult instance where CC is NEEDED and you get even BETTER gear drops...

Which means you expect gear drops on par with naxx 25/ulduar 10+ I cant fathom having a farmable heroic which drops badges on par with ulduar loot.

Seems TOO much, and would just make things THAT much easier. Dani also brought up the issue of why bring a non-cc class.... Frankly I think most of us can remember a pug mgt where someone got benched in favor of someone with cc.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    MgT was pretty easy in all gearsets, really.

But god forbid if you were an idiot~
    It was a breeze if you didnt pug it.

Stop QQing about heroics and 3-man them.

so make it so fine tuned that if you try to do it w/o decent gear(mostly 213's or better) then you'll be faceraped by the first pull.

or just make it a series of pulls that cannot be tanked, like the priestess fight in MgT, but was every bit doable so long as you could coordinate your CC's correctly. the priestess fight is and probably always will be my favorite "boss".

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion
    Guy.. the problem is:

Magister terrace was DOABLE AOE ´ing whiout cc´ing with t6 gear....
    But not everyone had t6 gear...

Now everybody has t7.5 gear so its doable...
    Tier 7.5 is technically equivalent to T4 in BC, not T6. You could do any heroic without CC in BC, the degree of difficulty was still there though that is not present now.

Sorry if I confused anyone with my comment about CC. I just remember it being a part of the game and now everything is just one huge AOE pull which requires zero skill. Some people may prefer to press one or two buttons and brag about their mad dps right now. I would just like to see an instance that at least drops a higher tier badge, maybe the new orbs coming out and for it to overall just require more skill. By higher end gear, I did not mean better than Naxx or EoE, just maybe more options for pre-raid gear.

Stop trying to turn this into something it's not. I'm not complaining about the current heroics. I think they are good for gearing up for raiding. It would just be nice to have an option for 5 mans that are more challenging and have a way to obtain at least the next tier of badges. I don't see how you are coming to conclusions of this being a QQ thread about how the current content is too easy. I simply thought it would be a idea for Blizzard to think about. What about when Ulduar comes out and nobody wants to run Naxx anymore. How are you going to gear up for fresh 80 alt for Ulduar? Ever think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    Who all thinks that maybe a new dungeon mode would be nice?
    Yes but how many people actually do Occulus? Why do people not do Occulus? They don't do it because it is hard. What about Halls of Lightning? Why don't people do Halls of Lightning? They don't do it because it is hard. You see its not that all heroics in Wrath are extremely easy it is that there is enough of them to do that people avoid the hard ones. Same thing was true in TBC. It was rare that you found anyone that would do Mana Tombs, Crypts, and Shattered Halls, but people did Mechanar every day.

A step above heroic that drops better swag, drops higher level badges, and provides as much of a challenge as the old heroics.
    A step above heroic drops would be a step above 10 man raid loot as well and there would be no reason to run 10 man starter content at all.

Remember when heroic MGT came out? Could you see a tank pulling entire groups without CC and everybody using AOE?
    Happened quite often with a geared paladin tank even when it first came out. There is a reason no one went there without a paladin tank until after the TBC nerf. It was easier to let a paladin tank it then actually use CC in the place. Not to mention it was also completely nerfed over time before the TBC nerf even happened.

Granted, it was doable without CC, it was a lot more of a challenge. Why can't we have a difficulty mode that actually requires people to think and use things such as CC and reward players for it. Just throwing the idea out there, please no "QQ" comments as that is not what I'm doing.
    You really don't get to dictate responses to your thread and there will be plenty of QQ. The reason you can't have that is that Blizzard made it easy to get into raiding and to do that they made it so heroic gear was easily obtainable. However, they did put in 2 heroics that rival pretty much anything seen in TBC and as I said no one ever does them. Not to mention, if you lose the easy roll on VH you can get some damn nasty bosses in there as well and most of those times people don't even bother to finish those runs.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

You didn't need tier 6. Hell you didn't even need tier 5. You were just fine with tier 4. You just need a tank and a healer that didn't suck. Back in that day those two things were almost impossible to find in a pug. Hell, for that matter on most occasions those two things are almost impossible to find in a pug now.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

shattered halls and arcatraz were fine

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    or just make it a series of pulls that cannot be tanked, like the priestess fight in MgT, but was every bit doable so long as you could coordinate your CC's correctly. the priestess fight is and probably always will be my favorite "boss".
    You didn't need CC for the priestess you needed a decent healer that didn't suck and dps that could focus fire and burn. CC made it easier but it was in no way actually needed. However, if you couldn't burn down the priestess and use interrupts you were basically screwed from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You didn't need CC for the priestess you needed a decent healer that didn't suck and dps that could focus fire and burn. CC made it easier but it was in no way actually needed. However, if you couldn't burn down the priestess and use interrupts you were basically screwed from the start.
    Unless your healer was a druid.

Remember when raiding actually had an epic feel?

Guy.. the problem is:

Now everybody has t7.5 gear so its doable...
    no thats not right... I geared up in hc's.. didnt use cc a single time :>

all the wotlk hc are easy, as long as you're lvl 80 and you got a def capped tank you can aoe pull everything..

"Edit: why would you go HC's if you got t7,5 gear? :>
    I've no idea what to write here.

as a fresh level 80 priest i have an easy time healing a fresh level 80 warrior in heroic occulus.. its so easy!!!

/sarcasm
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    Unless your healer was a druid.
    I healed the place just fine as a druid. As I said, no offense, you needed a healer that didn't suck. Rolling lifeblooms well does not a good druid healer make.