Page 1 of 3
LastLast

the BEST two gold-making professions ever

just realli surprised that i never ever c these 2 professions mentioned together for gold making purposes. Either no one is doing this or maybe the ones who know aren't sharing :P

jc/alchemy (transmutation spec)

jc is undoubtedly the number 1 gold making machine. yes u buy a heap load of saronite ore and prospect and cut and sell blah blah blah... but what's most valuable is the NOT the rare gems but the green gems.

I use them to make Skyflare diamonds and Earthsiege diamonds (the eternal fire and eternal air I just buy off the AH, or u can
    easily farm them). And since there is no longer a cd on making the diamonds you can go nuts! And with the TRANSMUTATION spec you can proc (not too sure about the %) free diamonds (2-5 when it procs).

So just to make this very clear, NOTHING is wasted when you prospect.

rare (blue) gems - cut into high-price in-demand gems, put on AH = gold

'leftover' green gems - use with eternal fire or eternal air (farmable = gold) to make diamonds = gold

transmutation proc = FREE gold

cut the diamonds into the highest-priced metas = gold

If that's still not good enough for you...

Icy prisms - frozen orb (farmable or use badges to convert) + 'leftover' green gems = 2-3 rare gems, and sometimes even dragon eye's (~100g atm) = gold

Jc Daily - reward ~12g + token (turn in for dragon's eye ~100g) = 10mins afk flying = gold

and if you have alts, do yourself a favor and convert all of them to jc too and do the daily and icy prism.

And don't forget about the uber jc craftable gears.

Ok so all in all JC is GODLIKE! It's just gold, gold, gold!

but what is that I hear you say? the cost of leveling these 2 profession is too much? get out of here!

I have made over 200k ... and average a little over 1 k a day... yes realli... it says that in my achievement list... and you can too!

http://wowrichkid.blogspot.com/

Re: the BEST two gold-making professions ever

screenshot or didn't happen

I'd love to see your armory and dig through your statistics and see this.

well, it could be true
    i just looked at my own statistics from my bankchar, i earned over 45k gold
    which mostly comes from JC and cooking, tailoring i leave out, so yes

JC is a goldmaking machine

ow, and btw i don't use the marks to buy dragon eyes, i'm the guild's JC

If you have an alt to supply your mats.

I'm leveling a Mage with Alch+Herb and Rogue with JC/Mining plus my Lock has Ench/Tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Conran
    well, it could be true
    i just looked at my own statistics from my bankchar, i earned over 45k gold
    which mostly comes from JC and cooking, tailoring i leave out, so yes

JC is a goldmaking machine

ow, and btw i don't use the marks to buy dragon eyes, i'm the guild's JC
    Well ur from mazrigos, people there are just better...

And ye, it has been and will stay a good moneymaker. My warr is herb/miner with a JC/alch shaman makes me a lot of money and then to think i took JC/alch for the TBC items

my mining/skinning level 29 bank alt makes about 200g a day.
    It's just a game.

I think the best in efficiency terms (gold/hour) is JC. Rare gems and the upcoming epic gems are, hands down, the most consistent sellers and the ones that give the most profit.

Another very profitable profession is Inscription. This one takes a little more time (both to set up and to execute), but with the right tools (i.e. Auctioneer, Advanced Trade Skill Window, and Lil Sparky's workshop) you can make more than 5000g/day (yes, fiveTHOUSAND). The only problem is that it's time consuming/boring (takes about 30-45 minutes every other day), but hey, way better than farming

JC is generally work into gold like everything else, but prospecting is indeed often good money. Icy prism, however, is generally a gold loss and shouldn't be done - if you can get orbs really cheap, it might be worth it, but you can usually just resell the orb. I mean yeah, I've gotten the 2 ruby + dragon's eye prism, but that's one out of endless combinations of fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsSpartaaa
    I think the best in efficiency terms (gold/hour) is JC. Rare gems and the upcoming epic gems are, hands down, the most consistent sellers and the ones that give the most profit.
    I like when people mention the new epic gems.

That are precut and come out off fishing bags. Yeah. Sweet.

jc/alch is the most comfortable choice for pve raiders, too. having an alt for farming mats is not a new idea, but one big problem remains (i tried it myself for some months) mining+herbalism on one char su*ks hard. you better get 2 alts to 77 >)

Yea dude my 80 pally is JC, my 80 hunter is JC, and my 77 mage is JC/eng.. zomg 3 dailies=300g a day without even trying! And i love my BoP prismatic gems

Crackaine- it's like crack for the sophisticated man.

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

Quote Originally Posted by BlacKcuD
    jc/alch is the most comfortable choice for pve raiders, too. having an alt for farming mats is not a new idea, but one big problem remains (i tried it myself for some months) mining+herbalism on one char su*ks hard. you better get 2 alts to 77 >)
    Im fairly sure you can make a macro to toggle Find Herbs and Find Minerals, then just spam it as you fly around. I assume thats what you are referring to as the "suck" part. Would seem more time efficient than leveling 2 alts and making double trips.

I wouldnt say its unrealistic. With meta cuts ive often purshased them for 20 gold and sold them w/ a cut straight from the vendor (5 tokens) and sold them for over 100 gold. Doesnt always work and seems like other people caught on as well, but its good money and when Ulduar comes out I'll be sure to stock up.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    Im fairly sure you can make a macro to toggle Find Herbs and Find Minerals, then just spam it as you fly around. I assume thats what you are referring to as the "suck" part. Would seem more time efficient than leveling 2 alts and making double trips.

/castsequence Find Herbs, Find Minerals

you cannot farm herb/mining faster with 2 alt (only if you have 2 account boxed)

That castsequence works, but does mean you end up with
    1: A sore finger
    2: Missing some nodes because it takes like a second or two to update the longer range nodes.
    3: You are still going to fly around and land, and remount, so that costs time.

Being a druid cuts down your herb farming down time, since you don't need to remount.

JC & Enchanting combined

Endless money..

Engineering in TBC, farming primals in nagrand, zangermarsh and SMV paid for 8 epic flyers for my toons.

Yeah right now, I'd say JC+Enchanting

Herbalism isn't half bad either

Personally id just say, make 4 alts and get every profession that you can. Sorts the problem just fine ^.^

Be sure to take advantage of the lvl 55 free Deathknight.

I was the best damn JC back in TBC and sold gems all day. I got really fed up of the endless cutting and prospection. Not to mention all the people undercutting by 1s all the time. When i was lvling chars in wotlk i left my AH addiction behind. I started to only sell the Dragon's Eyes wich were good money in the start. But then i found the ultimate way to spend little time and get the cash i need.

Make the JC epic rings/necks. Best way to get money ingame, except for pure farming i guess. I now have 8x JC chars that i do the daily JC quest with every day.

At this point i have 3050 gold earned / day from AH sales in my statistics. I have gone from 0 ---> 200k something gold earned then the statistics couldnt handle the numbers. It probably turned around at gold cap 214k. It started to climb down towards 0g again with a - infront of the numbers. Now im starting to climb up again. Got around 80k sold at this point.

But i figure 170 days since the achievement patch. ~170 * 3000g = around 500k in sales

Have obviously done some buying of mats aswell. But now im spending 1h on dailys while reading forums and max 30 min @ AH a day.

Guess who pimped his chars with boe epics