Progression Race - Would you watch?

I'm trying to get a feel for an idea that's really never been done before...

If we were to get all of the top guilds to stream their progression live, and put all the streams in one place to watch side by side.... would you watch?

Deleted

Re: Progression Race - Would you watch?

I probably would if I wasent raiding myself and we all know Ensidia will dominate the race

15+ Year Old Account

i mean i would not watch it all the time but. i think it would be kinda cool. and would help some guilds that need help on it. i would do it imo

yes. hopefully it would be great to watch 'cause of tactics as well, hehe. but first of all, it would be fun.
    For Pony!

only if they provided proper sound and picture...

i dont want to watch choppy video of a blurry raid with no sound :-*
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    only if they provided proper sound and picture...

i dont want to watch choppy video of a blurry raid with no sound :-*
    Sound is probably not an option. We're not looking to give every other guild in the world all the details of our or other guilds strategies. My intention is really for the entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal
    Sound is probably not an option. We're not looking to give every other guild in the world all the details of our or other guilds strategies. My intention is really for the entertainment value.
    ok, maybe not vent-sound but ingame sound.
    But choppy/blurry video is just a huge turn off.... its lame to see from a PoV of a mage at like 0.5fps, one time he is casting a fireball, next frame he is in another part of the room.
    It's just a game.

ok, maybe not vent-sound but ingame sound.
    But choppy/blurry video is just a huge turn off.... its lame to see from a PoV of a mage at like 0.5fps, one time he is casting a fireball, next frame he is in another part of the room.
    There's certainly room for the quality of streams to improve. You can rest assure they will continue to improve. That being said, I'm not talking strictly ulduar progression here, but also the future of how the progression race is experienced, and opening it for everyone to enjoy. Competition is a huge motivator, if you're not in one of those guilds competing maybe you can find a fun experience with this kind of event.

Anyone want to come to my house and watch me beat Zelda? You don't get a turn, but it'll be fun, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx
    Anyone want to come to my house and watch me beat Zelda? You don't get a turn, but it'll be fun, I swear.
    think of it as a 25man zelda game and the only reason i am at your house watching you and your friends play is because my friends are currently indisposed (or we are done playing for the night and half of us have gone to bed) so we are unable to play (or continue playing) at this time.

Or maybe you are stuck on a certain level on zelda and can't figure it out, so you rush to the internet to check up on some walk-through to see how to get through the level that you can't seem to beat.

There is no point then. No offense, but watching ppl play a game is really NOT entertaining you know... IF we can hear you argument and go on about finding solutions ffor your wipe etc, then it's usefull at least.

Have you EVER watched a video of a guild beating a raid boss without written or vocal walkthrough ??? I haven't ... I actually consider the thought saddening... how bored must you be to do such a thing ?

That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    There is no point then. No offense, but watching ppl play a game is really NOT entertaining you know... IF we can hear you argument and go on about finding solutions ffor your wipe etc, then it's usefull at least.

Have you EVER watched a video of a guild beating a raid boss without written or vocal walkthrough ??? I haven't ... I actually consider the thought saddening... how bored must you be to do such a thing ?

That's my opinion.
    Do they mic coaches in sports for live television? Do coaches draw up plays on a big blue screen for the entire viewing audience to see? Do you watch any other video gaming shows, where you hear the team/player telling you what he's doing live?

No, you have commentators. So maybe it would need commentators to point out key aspects to the race and show you were to watch?

lol "WoW: the reality show" starring OCD raid leader, the loot whore, the talkative 12 year old with special guest appearance by the heavy breathers!
    It's just a game.

with special guest appearance by the heavy breathers!
    Is she cute???? or have pictures pretending are hers???
    will she /sigh audibly, and say "mmmmmmm" a lot????

oh yeah, breathe heavy, baby, and i still wont watch......
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

Watching video games is kinda like watching sports. It's fun for about five minutes, but I'd much rather be participating in the action instead.

I'm trying to get a feel for an idea that's really never been done before...

If we were to get all of the top guilds to stream their progression live, and put all the streams in one place to watch side by side.... would you watch?
    not rly, uber waste of time
    pve isnt competitve, fun in pve is to down boss with your own guild, not watch 25 dudes who you dont know as they down some boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    not rly, uber waste of time
    pve isnt competitve, fun in pve is to down boss with your own guild, not watch 25 dudes who you dont know as they down some boss.
    the 181,000 downloads of our 25man 3d sarth kill disagrees with you.