Blizzards unfair treatment of DKs vs all

Hello All,

Just writing a quick complaint over what we are all seeing. Look at all the changes... it is strange that WoW developers can not do any changes but lowering skills by 50% for most classes... yet... for DKs they gain by 50% and so forth. Example:
    Rend and Tear now increases the critical strike chance of your Ferocious Bite ability on bleeding targets by 5/10/15/20/25%. (Down from 10/20/30/40/50%)
    Anti-Magic Shell now absorbs the damage dealt by harmful spells up to a maximum of 100% of the Death Knight's Health. (Up from 50%)
    Changes like these are just redic... Anti magic shell along with... the other 10 tanking/dps cool downs DKs have let them become the beside high end tanks by far. So to my understanding... druids have but HP and Dodge and a decent amount of armor. So... blizzards great idea is to take away the HP and armor a bit and give us an absorption which... DKs have better. So basically now all we will have is decent dodge, alittle more hp, and small dmg absorber.
    I am confused where they are pulling this information from that DKs are not good tanks... my guild use it as our main tank and him and the warrior cant even take dmg. At the moment i just dps as a druid off tank now because beyond have alot of hp there isnt much way to have as much mitigation as a DK or Warrior.

What is extremely sad is how much favor developers are showing to DKs over all classes... just look at pvp. As a DK just with their basic abilities can do extremely well in pvp but they get to keep almost all their abilites.. But they decided to completely cripple feral druids.
    Aka shred in pvp is cut almost in half, ferocious bite now only has maybe a 65% chance to crit in pvp gear. Why not just take away the ability to stealth and hey lets just make it so bleeds dont work in pvp. Then we can all go resto.. but wait... they already crippled that too.

Well anyways... i hate seeing these changes coming out lately and really want someone to take a well deserved bat to DKs all around. Any class can be played by a good player and do well, and caving in to people that want to play casually by making a class like DK who barely needs gear to kill anyone equal or high. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! ha

Re: Blizzards unfair treatment of DKs vs all

HA i just realized the title, hope no one thinks im saying DKs are being treated unfairly in a way that hurts them ha.

15+ Year Old Account

Dumb post of the week!

If this is all about AMS, you do know it's an overall NERF, right? It used to stop 75% of all incoming magical damage (100%) without a cap - you could literally stand in Sapph's Frostbomb as Unholy, pop AMS and come out without a scratch.

Now it has a damage cap, which will be ~20k for DPS DK's and 35-40k for raiding tank DK's.

The cap was originally 50%, which made the entire ability laughable and useless.

If you bothered to read and use brain cells, you'd realise that this patch DK's are recieving a rather hefty amount of nerfs across the board.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    Dumb post of the week!

If this is all about AMS, you do know it's an overall NERF, right? It used to stop 75% of all incoming magical damage (100%) without a cap - you could literally stand in Sapph's Frostbomb as Unholy, pop AMS and come out without a scratch.

Now it has a damage cap, which will be ~20k for DPS DK's and 35-40k for raiding tank DK's.

The cap was originally 50%, which made the entire ability laughable and useless.

If you bothered to read and use brain cells, you'd realise that this patch DK's are recieving a rather hefty amount of nerfs across the board.
    Indeed. I play a DK main tank, and I will be the first to say we are getting nerfed, perhaps harder then any other class. There is a good reason for that: We are new, and untuned to the rest of the game. We were too good on launch, and now they are scaling us back. I am not sad about this, indeed I relish the idea that I can laugh at the QQs more often.

Also, in your post, you mention that we are getting 'buffed' 50% while "most other classes" are getting 'nerfed' comparible. You only compare to druids... it makes your post sound more like QQ my class this QQ my class that. You DO play a druid, right?

Yes so now instead of absorbing 50% of 46k hp (as our mt dk has) it now does the full 46k.... apparently you all have never done 3 drake sarth with a DK tank to see how OP it is. Granted the HP method for a druid is ok as well. Anyone sticking up for a DK saying they cant hold aggro or tank is probably just a bad player and may want to face that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Remle
    Anyone sticking up for a DK saying they cant hold aggro or tank is probably just a bad player and may want to face that fact.
    No one said anything of the sort in this thread. /random

What I was saying is yes, we were to good so they are nerfing us. Maybe it doesn't look like a nerf for ams, but think of where it was before? 46k absorb is way more scaled back than inifinate hp absorbed before. It still may be too high, but that is for blizzard to decided after testing, and then adjust if nessicary.

But the point I wanted to make to OP is... yeah, our AMS is better then yours. But overall we're being nerfed. Our tanking abilities should be comming more in line soon... as they are contantly adjusting us.

@OP:
    You fail miserabley at WoW.
    Some DK spells are getting buffed, while other spells are getting nerfed, as you would know if you actually read everything in the blue posts.
    Also, you once again fail miserabley by comparing DKs to druids, druids also being one of the most OP classes in WoW, who are also getting some nerfs and buffs.

15+ Year Old Account

Being overpowered is SUCH a burden.

DKs are created primarily but people that used to Play Warlocks and so on before they took the nerf bat and became pretty lame pre 3.0. I admit it was a good idea but playing a DK, even though i havent played one beyond 60, is just button smashing and walking through instances with no down time. Granted i enjoy having DKs on my raids for support and great usefulness but fact is their abilities out weight all others. The finally got pally tanks to a decent point and warriors have always been decent. But on a tanking stand point i would always pick a DK over all others because their class abilites make it so they can care much less on gear. Its like people think... oh its only a coincidence the high rank teams in pvp atm have DKs in them. I believe pvp should be there as a display of playing the game well, not having the best class which it has been for awhile now.

Yes so now instead of absorbing 50% of 46k hp (as our mt dk has) it now does the full 46k.... apparently you all have never done 3 drake sarth with a DK tank to see how OP it is. Granted the HP method for a druid is ok as well. Anyone sticking up for a DK saying they cant hold aggro or tank is probably just a bad player and may want to face that fact.
    You realize you're comparing one PTR build to another? In relation to LIVE, AMS is getting a nerf, plain and simple. If you did Sarth 3D on live then yes it (AMS) would be much stronger than it will in 3.1.

Remle stop for a moment, go and read _ALL_ DK posts, most of them are nerfs, and like this latest AMS change is change inside PTR, that "Old 50%" isnt in line, it just gives full immunite now etc...

and please link me your MT armory link, I wanna see that 46k hp DK tank

It's your fault for being the most retarded class in the game.

Blizz needs to just delete the class and we'll all pretend it never happened.

Sigh, Remle you are an idiot.

The increase to AMS is just a slight reversal of the massive nerf it received last week, in fact most of the stuff done to the DKs on PTR are nerfs (except for unholy for some strange reason). Learn to read before you whine next time.

Koumaru

Heart of the Wild: The stamina bonus from this talent in Bear and Dire Bear from has been reduced from 4/8/12/16/20% to 1/2/3/4/5% per rank.

-one week later-

Heart of the Wild: The stamina bonus from this talent in Bear and Dire Bear form has been increased to 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

ZOMGS THEY BUFED BEAR HELTH WTF!!!11!1!!11

(Hypothetical situation used for purpose of analogy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    and please link me your MT armory link, I wanna see that 46k hp DK tank
    Is his defense maxed? I wanna see that armory page!
    Kiyoshi - 80 Death Knight on Anvilmar
    Azas - 80 Hunter on Anvilmar
    Sagess - 46 Druid on Anvilmar

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    Heart of the Wild: The stamina bonus from this talent in Bear and Dire Bear from has been reduced from 4/8/12/16/20% to 1/2/3/4/5% per rank.

-one week later-

Heart of the Wild: The stamina bonus from this talent in Bear and Dire Bear form has been increased to 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

ZOMGS THEY BUFED BEAR HELTH WTF!!!11!1!!11

(Hypothetical situation used for purpose of analogy.)
    Quoted for pure winnery.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanesa
    Is his defense maxed? I wanna see that armory page!
    When fully raidbuffed and with the right spec (my old Unholy/Blood tank spec including Veteran of the Third War) i used to have about 45k fully raidbuffed.

not on sarth 3d though, obviously.

also, anyone notice the date today?

Quote Originally Posted by Viskahn
    When fully raidbuffed and with the right spec (my old Unholy/Blood tank spec including Veteran of the Third War) i used to have about 45k fully raidbuffed.

not on sarth 3d though, obviously.

also, anyone notice the date today?
    link talents plz
    what about the date?
    Kiyoshi - 80 Death Knight on Anvilmar
    Azas - 80 Hunter on Anvilmar
    Sagess - 46 Druid on Anvilmar

15+ Year Old Account

Hello All,

Just writing a quick complaint over what we are all seeing. Look at all the changes... it is strange that WoW developers can not do any changes but lowering skills by 50% for most classes... yet... for DKs they gain by 50% and so forth. Example:
    Rend and Tear now increases the critical strike chance of your Ferocious Bite ability on bleeding targets by 5/10/15/20/25%. (Down from 10/20/30/40/50%)
    Anti-Magic Shell now absorbs the damage dealt by harmful spells up to a maximum of 100% of the Death Knight's Health. (Up from 50%)
    Changes like these are just redic... Anti magic shell along with... the other 10 tanking/dps cool downs DKs have let them become the beside high end tanks by far. So to my understanding... druids have but HP and Dodge and a decent amount of armor. So... blizzards great idea is to take away the HP and armor a bit and give us an absorption which... DKs have better. So basically now all we will have is decent dodge, alittle more hp, and small dmg absorber.
    I am confused where they are pulling this information from that DKs are not good tanks... my guild use it as our main tank and him and the warrior cant even take dmg. At the moment i just dps as a druid off tank now because beyond have alot of hp there isnt much way to have as much mitigation as a DK or Warrior.

What is extremely sad is how much favor developers are showing to DKs over all classes... just look at pvp. As a DK just with their basic abilities can do extremely well in pvp but they get to keep almost all their abilites.. But they decided to completely cripple feral druids.
    Aka shred in pvp is cut almost in half, ferocious bite now only has maybe a 65% chance to crit in pvp gear. Why not just take away the ability to stealth and hey lets just make it so bleeds dont work in pvp. Then we can all go resto.. but wait... they already crippled that too.

Well anyways... i hate seeing these changes coming out lately and really want someone to take a well deserved bat to DKs all around. Any class can be played by a good player and do well, and caving in to people that want to play casually by making a class like DK who barely needs gear to kill anyone equal or high. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! ha

Fail April's Fool is fail.

Just in case you're serious: compare stats with Live, not another PTR build. DKs are getting more nerfs than the other classes put together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.