Time + Gold Spent doing Dreadsteed Quest

Wanted to check with the pros/seniors here on how much time (estimated - including the time required to acquire the mats needed) and gold they spent doing the dreadsteed quest.

It's 600 gold to buy right? - hence how much did they save doing the quest?

It has come up for my lock and I am wondering if I should just buy the damn steed or do the quest. Would like to do an objective comparison to decide.

Also it's gonna be a feat of strength/achievement if this is done post 3.10?

Thanks a lot *curtsies*

Re: Time + Gold Spent doing Dreadsteed Quest

You can now buy the training skill then train the mount, so you can skip the quest. So it probably won't be an achievement.
    This user has been banned.

I believe the quest is being added as an achievement in 3.1

also, when I did the quest almost 2 years ago I did it with just over 200g by finding a lock with the summoning mats.

15+ Year Old Account

It is a feat of strength in 3.1, but they are not removing the quest. The feat of strength is just being added as a "hey you did it" since the quest is no longer needed to get the mount. It is still a sweet quest chain, and really cool. So everyone should do it anyways.

It has like a 200-400g base cost, plus whatever it takes to get mats to do some of the other stuff. Though if you find a lock with the 3 items, you don't need those to do the last part. Just search google for warlock's den or dreadsteed quest and it should find a quest guide that lays out the cost. As those haven't changed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The time factor was the biggest part for me. A lot of running from one continent to the other. Money wasn't too bad, I had a Warlock in guild that had the summoning mats, so that saved me a bit.

I would recommend following through the quest line on wowhead / thottbot first and see whether or not you think it is worth it. I remember I got nearly a full level (rested xp) just from that one quest chain.

I did my Dreadsteed quest when I was lvl 60 with 2 lvl 70's, and I had bought everything I needed bymyself,
    all together it was about 400-500g, which is not too much less then the training, but the quest chain is actually pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekare
    The time factor was the biggest part for me. A lot of running from one continent to the other. Money wasn't too bad, I had a Warlock in guild that had the summoning mats, so that saved me a bit.

I would recommend following through the quest line on wowhead / thottbot first and see whether or not you think it is worth it. I remember I got nearly a full level (rested xp) just from that one quest chain.
    Yeah time is a big factor for me which is why I asked for input on estimated time it took others. I don't have as much time to play as I would like and whenever I'm on and there's an opportunity to do an instance, off I go! lol Not to mention time needed to level my dk who is leveling doubly fast compared to this lock :P

Thanks for all input and suggestions - they have been really helpful. I think I will do the quest. I won't seem to be a full-fledged warlock if I don't