Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Enh] T8 compared with BiS Ulduar

Im looking at the released gear on Max DPS with the best possible gem selections and it seems that most of our T8 gear is far from best in slot. Im a bit new to WoW but with T7 at least 3 of our pieces (Chest, shoulders, legs) were BiS. Compared with the gear released so far for Ulduar only the Chest is BiS. So will the bonuses provided by the Set pieces make up for this gap or is T8 just place holders until we get a better drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Re: [Enh] T8 compared with BiS Ulduar

It varys from class to class. rogues for example on a slot by slot basis have only 2 bis t7.5 (helm and shoulders) however the set bonus is enogh to make 4/5 t7.5 the best overal for dps.

Sometimes this will be the case other times it wont. old warrior t6 for example pre sunwell was pretty poor for dps warriors with most bis items being nonset. even including the set bonus.

i wouldnt use max dps.

its a bad site where the rotation even isnt upgraded

Could anyone explain what BiS means?

Got it by myself: Best in Slot

Tier gear is not supposed to be best in slot. It's supposed to be superior to most other items, but because of the very strong tier set bonuses, they deliberately design it so that you have to decide if the set bonuses are worth losing the extra stats of another BiS.

Also, expertise gave certain Tier items alot higher value now then it probably will in Ulduar, because we didn't get any thru talents in the past.

I personally will be getting 4 pieces of Tier anyways because the 4 set bonus of more MW5 procs is just too good to pass up. I'll probably devote those pieces to reaching hit/expertise caps, and then have other gear to max pure dps stats....maybe see how stacking Armor pen works since so much gear seems to have it in Ulduar.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD
    Im looking at the released gear on Max DPS with the best possible gem selections and it seems that most of our T8 gear is far from best in slot. Im a bit new to WoW but with T7 at least 3 of our pieces (Chest, shoulders, legs) were BiS. Compared with the gear released so far for Ulduar only the Chest is BiS. So will the bonuses provided by the Set pieces make up for this gap or is T8 just place holders until we get a better drop.
    There's your problem Max DPS is a VERY VERY Bad site for Enhancement Shaman its model is so hideously wrong its laughable. DO NOT USE THAT SITE if you want accurate info.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    There's your problem Max DPS is a VERY VERY Bad site for Enhancement Shaman its model is so hideously wrong its laughable. DO NOT USE THAT SITE if you want accurate info.
    is it bad for other classes? or just shaman
    It's just a game.

Deleted

Its Crap for all classes, I believe it only has a BM Hunter model atm.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Its Crap for all classes, I believe it only has a BM Hunter model atm.
    This although even the BM rotational model is screwed up. You know the site might not be exactly up to date when the front page top news story is from early February. The site is good for listing gear but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Instead of bashing the site and making people who use(d) it look silly, maybe give an alternative for checking what would theoretical be BiS for us.

Agree, someone know good alternative for maxdps site not only for shamans?

I believe www.lootrank.com is a fairly good site to check that out :>
    Link with the right values if I'm not wrong: http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=6...&Exp=2.6&Ver=6 :P

EDIT: that is if you enter the right stat values ofcourse.

Which is:
    AP - 1
    Crit Rating - 1.7
    Hit Rating - 3.1
    Expertise Rating - 2.6
    Haste Rating - 1.3
    Armor Penetration Rating - 0.8
    Spellpower - 0.9
    MH dps - 5.9
    OH dps - 2.5
    Strength - 1.1
    Agility - 1.7
    Intellect - 1.7

taken from elitistjerks, but I don't know if any of that would change due to the haste/armorpenetration/expertise changes and so on :>

Second edit: Added a proper link with proper stat values.
    hai

There is no exact EP for anyone to use. It is going to vary based on your current gear and change every time you replace an old piece with an upgrade. The values from Elitist Jerk are a good starting point, but also as you mentioned some values will be changing in 3.1. I would however, continue using Lootrank as it is updated quite often and maintained well at this time.

MaxDPS is horrrrribbllee for trying to actually figure out ur deeps or what rotations to use. But it is the best way to check BIS and upgrade items, better than using armory imo. If only you just have that app on the bottom .

Levva/Barrar, how are enhance BIS looking so far (minus weapons)? I can see the 4 set being super powerful if people are good at using MSW at the right time in rotation, but what about 2 piece? Seems like other classes are getting a lottt better 2 piece bonuses. I have a unique option of nabbing teir pieces and non tier (only enhance shaman in whole guild, only 2 raiding hunters) so i can get both? Is it better to use non tier until i get 4 pieces with the gear thats available?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi
    Instead of bashing the site and making people who use(d) it look silly, maybe give an alternative for checking what would theoretical be BiS for us.
    SIGH!!!! The FAQ says EXACTLY THIS!!! Yet another newbie who hasn't bothered to read.

For clarity Lootrank.com and wowhead.com both have excellent facilities for ranking your gear. Now because that's a lot of effort for some to visit a website and click a few buttons, I've taken the liberty of adding a new feature for all classes into Rawr. There is now a small Export Menu on the top right of the charts page. If you select Relative Stats Values in the chart drop down the Export menu will have choices to view your gear upgrades in Lootrank or wowhead.

So you can load RAWR (Do I REALLY need to give a link - sigh you won't bother to read the sticky so I suppose I better http://rawr.codeplex.com ), then once loaded you can load your character from the Armoury and view your personalised EP values (called Relative Stats Values in Rawr). If you change the chart option to view Relative Stats Values you can then choose to "View Weighted Upgrades on Wowhead" or "View Weighted Upgrades on Lootrank".

This feature will be included in Release 2.2.0b6 which will hopefully be released today.

However prepared to be banned from this forum for complete and utter cluelessness if you reply saying you couldn't get it to work when you downloaded release v2.1.9.

Edit: V2.2.0b6 also has a feature to view the new Ulduar gear from wowhead and compute what's BiS even including Ulduar gear.

sounds terrific levva

i read the sticky but i don't im a but lazy for that...like just typing in a website and click...everything i need to know no matter where i am...i'll use loot rank from now though
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Deleted

i read the sticky but i don't im a but lazy for that...like just typing in a website and click...everything i need to know no matter where i am...i'll use loot rank from now though
    And in English that means???

Although i agree the guy is completely f'in clueless... treating him that "you'll be banned if u ask more noob questions"
    doesn't seem to be the right way to approach the problem...
    Ignoring his post if it upsets you so much also works wonders yah know....
    You can't make all the tards understand how the system works, since they're only going after epics regardless if they're cloth,leather,plate or swords >_>;;

If you're too lazy to do the only real way of finding BiS and upgrades for your current gear why should the community help you do your work for you?