Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Under Development: P1mp My Mount!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfoo
    This is a 100% April fools joke, but for sake of argument... what if they did to it.

How would this be feasible with the current mount system. All mounts are considered spells. Say for example that your Great Green Elekk is spell 50001 and maybe that Black War Raptor is 60001.

If you wanted say the Great Green Elekk to have some Northrend looking armor and maybe a new saddle and possibly a small Alliance flag... they would have to have spells setup for reach of these combinations of options. The same would go for the Black War Raptor. Lets say they add customizing and everything.. they would have to have added a new spell to the game for every combination of options. This could be daunting for a single mount if you had... say 4x new options. What about other types of mounts like the rays or chopper. Ok.. the amount of options is getting daunting.

Now what if you had 100 mounts and had to create all the possible spell combos for each. Also, what happens to your old spell for say your Great Green Elekk and or Black War Raptor. Do you unlearn it to be able to possible learn it back later if you wanted to un-pimp your mount? Absolutely mind boggling amount of work. Yeah, if it happened it would be fun, but we would have to have a new contest... Tackiest Mount of All. This could be an achievement if you say added all the tacky type mods like a pirate ship sail, an umbrella, fuzzy plush saddle and maybe also an air horn.

This little bit of logic shows how this is just not easy to do. Plus being April Fools today.. I was greatly pleased at reading this bit of fun fiction.

One thing that would suck is if you could not reverse it. What if someone had a pre 1.4 patch mount like a wolf or a black nightsabre mount with no armor. Say you accidently customized it to find out you could not revert it... it would suck. But thank got again that this is April Fools day.
    And that sir is why you are not a Software Engineer. How could I tell? ;D

Anyway, it would be just like the barbershop, each mount would be linked to a single configuration which would specify it's appearance upon cast. Simple 1:1 relationship.

Viciouss

but still...if its not a joke....thank god i quit this game...its getting lamer and lamer with each passing day

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    When will people learn that not EVERYTHING is done in the USA first?

http://www.wow-europe.com

Word brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    When will people learn that not EVERYTHING is done in the USA first?

http://www.wow-europe.com

When will people from outside the USA realize that, until something happens in the USA, it has not really been done yet?

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareB4
    Did they even try this year?

They used to actually be believable at one point in time.
    Yeah 2headed ogre playable class is believable.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    in line with a sleeping bag for d3 beta and CE

a lock mount with a redemer and blast og in parts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Viciouss
    but still...if its not a joke....thank god i quit this game...its getting lamer and lamer with each passing day
    Then why are you still posting here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldir View Post
    "Oh, elite mob group, better stay aw... OH GOD WHAT IS THIS, CHARGED TO DEATH?!?!?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by lonewuhf
    Then why are you still posting here?
    because he's missing the game and needs attention on the net because maybe he realized his friends don't really have time for him in the WoL(world of life)

lol mount customization xD

Quote Originally Posted by delage35
    When will people from outside the USA realize that, until something happens in the USA, it has not really been done yet?
    LOL !
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Too much fail to comprehend. :

is this for real or an april fools?

The would rank as the most stupid things bliz has ever done. AND THAT IS SAYING A LOT

I think engineers should be able to build mechs. I took my dashi and solo'd 25 man NAXX
    ERRR well I just blew the fing place up...does that count?

Would have been believable if they had removed the extreme obvious stuff like the turret and the huge carseat style chair tied to the horse...

The saddest thing will be if this (imagine) gets implemented for real... I saw like 3 April fool's jokes for each game, and if we count the dance contest as 1 for WoW... the horror. Forget just for one single moment, the boring and piss easy content, forget bugs, imbalanced classes, QQ this and that... would you really like Blizz to spent their money and imagination on implementing something so surreal and retarded... like they couldn't make something which will make the game more fun, like I dunno, making the bloody armor customizable so we can change the fucking color so we won't see our twins, triplets etc every time we visit the god damned AH...

yeah thats pretty good